The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

spray paint

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by evolution686, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. evolution686

evolution686 Full Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2009
    Ok I just sand my 510 to a stainless color and want to know what kind of paint I can use to make it an metallic green but still with that metal look

2. framitz

framitz Moved On

May 24, 2009
    RSM, CA
    You could mask it carefully and spray it with a 'candy apple' green, or prime it and use a metallic green.

I think the candy apple would look cool, but without priming it will be a fragile finish.

You could also prime it, apply a silver (or maybe gold) base coat then apply candy apple over it.

Lots of possibilities.

3. Brachinus

Brachinus Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2009
    Jersey Shore
    What I'd do is look for a car with the metallic finish I want, make a note of the make and model (and guess the year), then go to Pep Boys or similar place and pick up some primer, sandpaper (including really, really fine grit) and the appropriate "touch-up" spray paint for that car.

Sometimes the can itself will include the make/model it's designed for, or you can do some research beforehand (there's probably an online forum for that make of car) and find out the paint code, or find out what standard touch-up color is close enough.

4. crashtestjeep

crashtestjeep Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    you could always try a quality nail polish.....something anti-chip...then you could coat to ur taste, letting the metal shine thru if you like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.