Spreadsheet Ecig VS. Analog Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

enadrown

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
Salina, Kansas
As soon as I put the baby down for a nap I am going to try this on my own, but I was wondering if any one had made an expense spreadsheet to see how much they are actually saving by vaping.

I am thinking it should add how much analogs are costing the individual per day/week/month, and then have a section for purchases for your ecig, including startup price, liquid, and hardware.

I love spreadsheets (I am a little weird, always preferred pens and paper for christmas rather than toys) and would love to see what other people that are weird like me have come up with or could come up with if challenged.

I will post what I have when it's done. May not be great, but we'll see if it works and if I can figure a good place to upload it for a download by others!

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL

Wellner

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Never thought of using a spread sheet. I myself have just used a counter for keeping track of how much I haven't spent on analogs, and keep the price of all my invoices combined written somewhere and I haven't quite broken even yet. As I'm still new and there are too many variables to keep on a spreadsheet(at least with my knowledge), I'm not spending a set amount yet on PVs or accessories yet. I have taken the thought as most of my work includes Excel, and anything I can think of to do in my personal life, I try to incorporate Excel.

enadrown

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
Salina, Kansas
My little project is coming along well, it's not pretty by any means, but is going to be good and get the job done NICELY for me at least, but I have hit a snag. If there is any one in here that is quite proficient in Excel could you email me at enadrown@att.net as I have a question of how I should get a formula in here that will make everything actually work on the e-cig side of my sheet. I WOULD TOTALLY APPRECIATE IT!

enadrown

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
Salina, Kansas
While still trying to solve my spreadsheet issues I ran across the superecigtracker that bear was talking about. THe link to it is http://esmokersmag.com/2009/04/07/super-ecig-tracker/ down load link at the bottom of the page, this is exactly where my spread sheet is headed, except theirs is better and works right now. When i get mine figured out I will still post, till then, this is a great one to use also. I LOVE THESE THINGS!

Reboot

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Southern Maine
While still trying to solve my spreadsheet issues I ran across the superecigtracker that bear was talking about. THe link to it is [LINK REMOVED] download link at the bottom of the page, this is exactly where my spread sheet is headed, except theirs is better and works right now. When i get mine figured out I will still post, till then, this is a great one to use also. I LOVE THESE THINGS!

I guess you must just really want to make your own? Why not just use the one that is already available that works and is better? lol.

enadrown

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
Salina, Kansas
LOL, trust me, I am not having much luck solving my problems and am using the ecigtracker available, but I'm laid off and don't have much else to do to pass the time but my little "boredom projects" so it doesn't hurt to try because I do like my formatting better if I could get a certain section to work.

and bears, I totally understand what you are saying about the calculations, it looks like I am in the hole way more than I actually am because of adding the analog vs ecig prices and savings up by day instead of by the carton/week the way I actually buy them. Same concept but it breaks down WAY

bearscreek

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
TN
To be honest with you, I'd have to look back at it, but what I meant was that, for instance, I'm thinking the price of your nic juice used for calculating your daily usage and savings versus analogs takes into account whether or not you dilute the juice (and make it cheaper per true mL), but the days' worth of juice stock doesn't really take into account the dilution (the way I use it anyway). That's just 1 example, and there's nothing wrong with it, but you need to know what exactly you're dealing with in order to understand what it's showing you.

enadrown

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
Salina, Kansas
To be honest with you, I'd have to look back at it, but what I meant was that, for instance, I'm thinking the price of your nic juice used for calculating your daily usage and savings versus analogs takes into account whether or not you dilute the juice (and make it cheaper per true mL), but the days' worth of juice stock doesn't really take into account the dilution (the way I use it anyway). That's just 1 example, and there's nothing wrong with it, but you need to know what exactly you're dealing with in order to understand what it's showing you.

I saw that when I was putting in my info and cut the price of the carts that was preprogrammed in at .55 down to .25 figuring that would be a little closer, give room for vg, and dripping methods. it'll do for me. i wasnt as concerned with that part when I am working on my own, mainly how much money was spend on e-cigs, added to how much NOT spent on analogs. but i still can't get mine figured out the way i like it, so I gave up.. gr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread