Spring COLLAPSED twice from Reomizer rebuilt. HELP with fix. (Pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
Was following the rebuild tutorial from both links below.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/373841-rba-reomizer-build-photo-tutorial.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/413000-rm2-rba-2-0-reomizer-2-rebuild-tutorial.html

First rebuild, first link, no problem.

Second rebuild, second link, no problem.

Third rebuild, the spring collapsed ! Reordered 3 springs and the first one collapsed again !

I only have 2 more springs left and I don't want to collapsed them again, they're not cheap $4 bucks a pop plus shipping cost.

Please can someone help me find out what's wrong? I did what I did the first and second time, why third time failed?

Is it the coil? Is it the reomizer? Is it the Reo Grand itself? This is so upsetting... :(

Pics in the link below...

http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/canongears/slideshow/

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
Edit - below is just my two cents, I'm sure Rob is probably spot on about the gasket.

The only thing that stands out to me in your pics is the extra wire coming out the sides of your posts. Those posts are very close to the outside edge, I'm wondering if the bit of wire coming out the far side of your positive post is touching the inside of the cap. If it is then there's your short.

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
Thank you all for your quick inputs !

So I clipped off the excessive coil coming out of the two post. Pulled the already collapsed spring to it's originally position and fired it up, didn't work.

I'm too scared to test another new spring. Does already collapsed springs not work? Might start everything from the beginning and redo the coil/wick tonight and test it with a new spring...

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Because your coil may be touching the cap it will be best to put the cap on the RBA. Take your Multimeter (MM) and set it to read ohms. The section on the MM to read ohms will be marked with this symbol: Ὠ Set it to the lowest setting. This is often 200. Take lead and place it in the center hole at the bottom of the atomizer. The place where the juice goes through. Place the other lead on the male threads of the atomizer. It doesnt matter which lead goes where. If it says Zero you have a short. It also may just have a 1 to the far left of the display. This would indicate a short as well.

A spring that has collapsed will not collapse again so it offers no short protection.

Last edited:

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Thank you all for your quick inputs !

So I clipped off the excessive coil coming out of the two post. Pulled the already collapsed spring to it's originally position and fired it up, didn't work.

I'm too scared to test another new spring. Does already collapsed springs not work? Might start everything from the beginning and redo the coil/wick tonight and test it with a new spring...

You were also told that your coil was too high and may be touching the top of the cap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you push it down?

Test your RBA as instructed above in my other post. If it tests OK then replace the spring with a new one.

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
You were also told that your coil was too high and may be touching the top of the cap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you push it down?

Test your RBA as instructed above in my other post. If it tests OK then replace the spring with a new one.

Yes I did that last night when I clipped the excessive coil and pushed down the coil. Still nothing after firing up.

I will do the MM test tonight when I get home, thank you so much !

Also what do you mean by "male threads of the atomizer"?

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Yes I did that last night when I clipped the excessive coil and pushed down the coil. Still nothing after firing up.

I will do the MM test tonight when I get home, thank you so much !

Also what do you mean by "male threads of the atomizer"?

The threads that are on the outside of the post that you screw in to the Reo.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Just as a side note to all this. By stretching the spring out and trying it again you may have ruined the battery. You had no short protection so the battery may have been damaged. You might want to check the voltage of your battery. Put the MM on the DC mode section to the lowest setting, usually 20. Put the negative lead (black) on the bottom of the battery and the positive lead (red) on the top of the battery.

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
Just as a side note to all this. By stretching the spring out and trying it again you may have ruined the battery. You had no short protection so the battery may have been damaged. You might want to check the voltage of your battery. Put the MM on the DC mode section to the lowest setting, usually 20. Put the negative lead (black) on the bottom of the battery and the positive lead (red) on the top of the battery.

hmmm...is mine a battery tester

I have something like this except I have it with 2 wires sticking out.

batterytester2-300x300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread