Squape R[s] or Taifun GT II

Status
Not open for further replies.

batteredwombat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
Ive kinda ruled out the kayfun 4. I wanted to know peoples opinions, preferrably those who own both authentics. These tanks are very expensive for the authentics so would love some feedback on the two before I buy them. I like flavor more than clouds but cant have a too restrictive air flow, accessing the deck at anytime and adjustable 510 pin and I will be using Temp regulation. I heard there is a problem with the squapes 510 spring and using it with TC device? The main difference I see is the juice control in T GT2 and squape rs doesnt have it. Thanks.

Last edited:

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Man if you can swing both go for it. I have 3 SQRs and only one Taifun GT2 but would to get another.

They are about equal in flavor.
Squape wins for ease of build and wicking.
Taifun GT wins for ease of filling.

Taifun has the "smoothest" airflow of anything I own. Never really thought about that before I got it but now its my favorite vape for that reason.

Mangomonkeyman

Nov 17, 2014
Louisiana
I think the taifun gt2 is probably the easiest build of any rba I own, far easier than the squape r. They both give superb flavor with single coils when wicked properly, the taifun is basically foolproof though. 2mm or 2.5mm coil wicked to the flow hole not through it. Top tier flavor, easy to fill, quality clones available, clear winner for me. Squape clones are a ....ing minefield but the hotcig gt2 is flawless

Mangomonkeyman

Nov 17, 2014
Louisiana
I have the "hotcig" gt2 and the quality of it puts some "authentics" to shame. I actually have a bell cap on order now big goose is right, the bell cap eliminates half of the movable parts and turns it into a rather attractive and extremely simple rta. Replace the o-ring on the base with a slightly beefier one to stop the ring from being so loose. I also dremeled the juice holes, but it do that with pretty much ever rta. Cept the squape, don't grind on those decks lol

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Another vote for teh HotCig GTII-S, extremely well made, like it quite a bit more then my Squape Rs

z7qv3eU.jpg

batteredwombat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
thanks for input , ill visit hotcig soon. I just got my squape rs and while i like it a lot with the bottom deck, havent built on d deck yet, it is very nice although i would change things for a more precise height of coil. I build a triple strand 30ga and was running too hot so i changed to 34ga triple strand and it works better on my dna25. I have to say tolerances are crazy with the machining of the squape, i doubt you even need o rings. I only own a authentic origen v3 and kfl v2 + but im glad i shelled out the money for original squape as it helps them continue this type of engineering, im not slamming clones as i have more than authentics. I will see what builds i can do on the B deck as far as dual coil. It really is a dripper tank which is awesome. I can see heat as an issue with dual coil and TC. This will probably be my last tank atty ).

Swede

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2011
Canada
Just got two GT2's in the vape mail today. SUPER easy to build, nailed it my first try. There's no messing around at all, just drop a coil in and wick it, cut wick just beyond lower chimney (1mm or so) and done.

I got the bell cap, and regular tank. They're FT clones, and very decent quality. I got two bases, and one bell cap and one regular tank. I very much agree that the bell cap is very elegant.

So far it seems like a breath of fresh air compared to the finicky KF4 clones I've been dealing with for the last several months.

Got a Goliath V2 clone as well, not totally sold on it... It's a nice tank with great features, but I'm a MTL vaper mostly, so it's too loose for me unless I choke down the air flow to almost nothing.

No experience with the Squape, but I'd highly recommend the GT2 if you want easy builds and a great vape.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I got a Tobeco Hurricane clone last week from Kanvape. Look at this, too. I think its a more attractive Taifun. FT has bell tanks for that, too. This is a very nice clone. All of the clones I've bought recently have been superb. I had been moving towards only having authentics, and suddenly I have more clones than I've ever had, but no complaints about any of them.

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
I got a Tobeco Hurricane clone last week from Kanvape. Look at this, too. I think its a more attractive Taifun. FT has bell tanks for that, too. This is a very nice clone. All of the clones I've bought recently have been superb. I had been moving towards only having authentics, and suddenly I have more clones than I've ever had, but no complaints about any of them.

I saw that Hurricane clone, roxy and it looks like a good design. Might as well add that to my cart along with the matching bell tank. Some very nice deals on Taifun style clones lately. My Ubertoot v2 clone should be arriving this week but I doubt it will vape better than the hotcig GT2 and GT2-S beauties from FT.

Thanks, ccw! Two added to my cart. My first multi-Quote post and maybe my last....because I forgot how I did it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread