Status
Not open for further replies.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Just got a P3, and been running a Beyond Vape Silo on top of it. Just sold my Kayfun Lite Plus because I'm terrible at building them, so I'm in the market for a higher end RBA. I've looked into the Lemo, and while it looks nice, I'm wanting something a little shinier than that. I've had my eye on a Squape Reloaded for a month or so now, and I read somewhere that there are only 2000 or so in existence, and the next batch comes out in mid November.

I'm also looking at the Erlkonigin, a rather well thought out device too. Capacity is great, I've heard it's feather light, but the poly tanks spook me off a bit, and the pyrex tanks look vulnerable to breakage. I wouldn't be completely opposed to an SS tank because they look sweet.

Cons of the Squape Reloaded are certainly height, the P3 in 18650 mode with a Squape Reloaded would easily be a foot long or so. The wicking system on the Squape Reloaded just looks fantastic. The Erlkonigin looks like it has a unique juice control system in place as well, but the thread for that is 4000 posts and I can't read through all of it.

Appears that the Erlkonigin is much more readily available than the Squape Reloaded, and would adapt better to all battery size lengths on my P3. Who has experience with either of these toppers and what do you have to say about them? Pros, cons?

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
If you want simple go with the SQuapeR because it is just a single coil build. I got 1.6Ωs on my very first build that I wrapped around a toothpick! The Erl can do dual coils (way beyond my skills!) I have read reviews and people that have both, like them equally! My guess is either way you can't go wrong!

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
ya I've done dual coils on my kayfun, one was a dual 30 gauge coil for 0.9 ohms that worked fairly well and the other was a dual 26 gauge coil, in series for 1.3 ohms. All one piece of wire, so it doubled the ohms instead of halving them. Not really interested in duals on the erlkonigin, unless i was wanting to get exotic with it. Erlkonigin certainly would be easier to fill, but will wind up being more expensive after I get the steel drip tip and glass tank, or steel tank. The glass looks vulnerable in case of falls. Lucky you got your hands on a Squape Reloaded.

Ya and I saw the Prinz, I'm definitely more interested in the full blown version of it. Thanks for the input! =]

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
The Erl is light...21mm...bad air flow design IMO, have to remove the tank from the PV to adjust :facepalm:, very loud (can easily be heard when taking a puff), air flow is adequate for lung inhales and decent cloud production IMO, holds about 6ml of juice, proprietary screw on drip tip :facepalm: or must use drip tip adapter making it longer and awkward looking IMO. Building has been easy, but others have had issues building. Glass is glass, if it drops the wrong way its going to break, no matter what tank it is - thats the risk of glass period.

I do not have a SqR, but I want one.... I believe building it can be easier all the way around, wicking and coiling... has 3mm air hole (Erl has 1.5mm standard with optional 2mm pos post I believe), filling is "easier" on the Erl, but only with a needle/syringe ... the SqR is not hard or difficult to fill and you can easily pour juice along the sides using dropper, needle or bottles edge.... so I actually think the SqR might be considered easier? YMMV.

The SqR is 22mm and looks heavier, while holding 1ml less juice....

As for what I have read, they are both excellent vapes........I have the Earl....its very light, I wont say its a better vape than the kayfun, but it does have more airflow than the kayfun/taifun............. I have wicked with KGD and not had any wicking problems except with high VG juice, but that could easily have been my wicking technique to fault and not the tanks wicking design.

You are obviously looking at the authentics and should be well informed at those price points IMO, the folks who have the genuine ErlK love it big time.... the SqR I have not done the research on............. I must admit this, the Earl is impressively light weight and looks amazing on my Wizard which is also 21mm.....

NOTE I am NOT endorsing either one, I actually have the same questions you do........I just thought I would share what little knowledge I have of the 2 devices.

jluc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Colorado
I own both the Erlkonigin and the SqR, authentics. The SqR has better afc and an airier draw if you want it. It's durable but with that comes weight, it is big and heavy.

The Erlkonigin has a tighter draw although a larger pos pole is available as an option, eventually I'll get one and try it out. The Erlkonigan has better flavor imo. It is lite and holds a lot of juice for its size.

As far as the wicking goes I wick them both the same, quick and easy.

I use them both during the day but I find myself reaching for the Erlkonigin more often. YMMV

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Thanks for the input guys
Erl just appears to require a higher initial investment and while I dig the looks, I only dig them with the glass tank, and that's a breakage hazard. I'm in love the the afc of the sq-r. What wattage are either capable of handling? I want to maximize the available wattage of my p3

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
I was at 15 to 17.5 on my kayfuns. I vape a lot of Bobas Bounty which is 100 percent vg, no problem.
Yeah Idk, I tried every build imaginable, 5 wraps, 12 wraps, varying gauges from 28 to 32, dual coils, even did a 26 gauge dual coil in series, used koh gen do and tried readyxwick a couple times to no avail. Just wouldn't wick right and got fed up with it and sold it. My every day vape is a reo+trident v2 at 0.3 ohms or so, or my silo at 12.2 watts. Wildly different setups I know, but I had just as bad an experience with my Russian 91% as I did with my kayfun. When I had my provari 2.5, I rocked a Pyrex rsst for months, but I had to dilute my juice for it to wick properly.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Just got a P3, and been running a Beyond Vape Silo on top of it. Just sold my Kayfun Lite Plus because I'm terrible at building them, so I'm in the market for a higher end RBA. I've looked into the Lemo, and while it looks nice, I'm wanting something a little shinier than that. I've had my eye on a Squape Reloaded for a month or so now, and I read somewhere that there are only 2000 or so in existence, and the next batch comes out in mid November.

I'm also looking at the Erlkonigin, a rather well thought out device too. Capacity is great, I've heard it's feather light, but the poly tanks spook me off a bit, and the pyrex tanks look vulnerable to breakage. I wouldn't be completely opposed to an SS tank because they look sweet.

Cons of the Squape Reloaded are certainly height, the P3 in 18650 mode with a Squape Reloaded would easily be a foot long or so. The wicking system on the Squape Reloaded just looks fantastic. The Erlkonigin looks like it has a unique juice control system in place as well, but the thread for that is 4000 posts and I can't read through all of it.

Appears that the Erlkonigin is much more readily available than the Squape Reloaded, and would adapt better to all battery size lengths on my P3. Who has experience with either of these toppers and what do you have to say about them? Pros, cons?

I've owned both authentics. I have to say that, imo, both are fine devices. I loved them both but always went to the ErlK first. So much so, that I traded my SQr for another forum member's ErlK. Thanks Thejack1. :thumb:

Truly, I am a dripper man and favored the SQr in that regard (airier than the ErlK) but to me, for whatever reason, the ErlK just seemed like a, how should I put this, a more refined vape. Three things that shined for me with chosing the ErlK over the SQr are weight (HUGE difference), length and capacity.

The only thing better with the SQr for me was the air flow. However, removing the afc and installing the open draw posi pole holder on the ErlK helps. Still not as airy as the SQr but airy enough.

Don't get me wrong, the SQr is on par with the ErlK. But, for me anyway, the ErlK won out.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
I've owned both authentics. I have to say that, imo, both are fine devices. I loved them both but always went to the ErlK first. So much so, that I traded my SQr for another forum member's ErlK. Thanks Thejack1. :thumb:

Truly, I am a dripper man and favored the SQr in that regard (airier than the ErlK) but to me, for whatever reason, the ErlK just seemed like a, how should I put this, a more refined vape. Three things that shined for me with chosing the ErlK over the SQr are weight (HUGE difference), length and capacity.

The only thing better with the SQr for me was the air flow. However, removing the afc and installing the open draw posi pole holder on the ErlK helps. Still not as airy as the SQr but airy enough.

Don't get me wrong, the SQr is on par with the ErlK. But, for me anyway, the ErlK won out.

My main concern is less about weight, it's more about size and durability. As I've said before, the Erlkonigin with the glass looks really vulnerable, and I love the look of it's chimney. How well does it's poly tank hold up to juice crackers? One of my favorite flavors is a banana flavor and I've heard that's a MAJOR tank cracker. The Squape is also really nice because you don't have to drain it to mess with the wicks, even though the Erlkonigin appears far easier to fill.

How about building between the two? I've seen just about all the videos about either device, and the Squape looks like the winner with the wide deck, even though the Erlkonigin is certainly capable. I'm basing my decision on my bad experience with the Kayfuns, and really need something that's reliable and can keep up.

Size wise, the Erlkonigin is the clear winner. The P3 in 18650 mode is truly monstrous. I had my EHpro Pontus on it while it was in 18650 mode earlier and it just looked silly. 18490 mode is probably the largest I'll have the P3 running in.

It seems the Erlkonigin requires a precise amount of wick, but doesn't look impossible and pretty clear based on the videos, lots of cotton up top and just tiny tails down the channels.

The draw is rather important too. The Squape again, is the clear winner as far as adjustment and capability, but I don't need to be breathing my vape. My favorite draw is actually the draw of the Trident V2 in dual coil mode, that's all I run on my Reo. If anyone is familiar with the Trident V2 in dual coil mode, do they both come close to that?

The Erlkonigin is starting to look up... I've been set on a Squape for a while now, but I'm torn again! haha thanks again for the help all

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Well I'm pretty close to clicking the checkout button on the Erlkonigin page... I know that if I wind up not liking it, I'll be able to get most of my money back if I need to resell it. Somebody scootch me in the right direction! Having a hard time pulling the trigger lol

Edit: Just pulled the Trigger on the Erlkonigin direct from their website. Just went with the standard kit and the crown drip tip, plus a cheap little spacer for the positive screw, just in case. Now off to IBTanked for a 22mm tank. Thanks for the help guys

Last edited:

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
My main concern is less about weight, it's more about size and durability. As I've said before, the Erlkonigin with the glass looks really vulnerable, and I love the look of it's chimney. How well does it's poly tank hold up to juice crackers? One of my favorite flavors is a banana flavor and I've heard that's a MAJOR tank cracker. The Squape is also really nice because you don't have to drain it to mess with the wicks, even though the Erlkonigin appears far easier to fill.

I have heard no reports of anyone's tank cracking from juice in the authentic Erlkonigin thread and I have been involved with it since very early. Concerning durability, the ErlK site sells SS tanks. Also, the ErlK can be disassembled to rebuild/rewick without emptying the tank.

How about building between the two? I've seen just about all the videos about either device, and the Squape looks like the winner with the wide deck, even though the Erlkonigin is certainly capable. I'm basing my decision on my bad experience with the Kayfuns, and really need something that's reliable and can keep up.

Coil mounting on either device is a breeze. Wicking is a different story entirely in my experience. The ErlK requires more finesse.

Size wise, the Erlkonigin is the clear winner. The P3 in 18650 mode is truly monstrous. I had my EHpro Pontus on it while it was in 18650 mode earlier and it just looked silly. 18490 mode is probably the largest I'll have the P3 running in.

I ran the SQr on my P2.5 and it was huge! I run my ErlKs on Vapor Flaks primarily and it's about the size of my Stingray X in 18650 with a Mutation X mounted on top. I also have a WAE II that I run the ErlKs on as well at times and it is a little longer but I got a nano kit and think it is perfect for the WAE II.

It seems the Erlkonigin requires a precise amount of wick, but doesn't look impossible and pretty clear based on the videos, lots of cotton up top and just tiny tails down the channels.

Here's a recent build on an ErlK clone I did the other day: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...lkonigin-clone-comparison-7.html#post14496877

Sorry, but I don't own a Trident so can't give an opinion concerning the AF to that.

Edit: Just pulled the Trigger on the Erlkonigin direct from their website. Just went with the standard kit and the crown drip tip, plus a cheap little spacer for the positive screw, just in case. Now off to IBTanked for a 22mm tank. Thanks for the help guys

If you ordered an authentic, they include a posi pole spacer with it. It is taped onto one end of the box so now you'll have two. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread