SQuape X[dream] by StattQualm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Absolute disappointment for me. The Squape was perfect with the Rs with the exception of lacking top fill.

Look at the size of this one.... Jesus, so fiddly as well, don't care about dual coils, also I'm not gonna be stuffing in 4 cotton strands just to be able to use single coil since they couldn't be bothered with making a single coil adapter or a single coil deck.

I'm out and waiting for the kayfun v5

Stunned Guy

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
The Netherlands
Absolute disappointment for me. The Squape was perfect with the Rs with the exception of lacking top fill.

Look at the size of this one.... Jesus, so fiddly as well, don't care about dual coils, also I'm not gonna be stuffing in 4 cotton strands just to be able to use single coil since they couldn't be bothered with making a single coil adapter or a single coil deck.

I'm out and waiting for the kayfun v5

My thoughts exactly, really dissapointed they 'gave up' on the single coilers..

Millah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
FL
This is their tank to go after "extreme" vapers, hence the X(Dream) name. Get it? At least thats what I'm assuming the name means. Yet the juice flow holes going to the deck look pretty darn small. Doesn't really seem like it will keep up with 70-100 watt vaping.

So then whats the point? Personally I'm pretty disappointed. Squape R has been my go-to tank since its release. W deck wicks better than a Kayfun (due to juice not having to travel vertically through cotton), and is a breeze to build and wick. And I'm a M2L guy. I figured Stattqualm would continue to make products for single coil M2L vapers, but I guess not. Their first offering for high wattage lung hitters doesn't seem like it will appeal to them much either. Not when tanks like the Aromamizer offer the same style of vaping, with much less complicated and fiddly parts, better wicking performance, at 1/4 the price.

Reactions: ToolmanTexas

fogmust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2015
New Jersey
A company - any company - has to try to diversify and re-invent itself to stay successful. Stattqualm is no different. They can't keep churning out Reloadeds and R(s)s and think that they will sustain their early success. The x(Dream) or however this thing is going to be called may be a failure in the opinion of all of us Squape faithfuls, but it may bring them much needed extra business to stay competitive.
It's all good. If they whiffed, they will learn their lesson. Time will tell.

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
High-powered, HEMO vapers such as myself are definitely the target market for the X[dream]. Single coil builds simply do not cut it for me. And neither do non-HEMO products. Multiple coils or bust on a high-end tank with a relatively high-end price tag sounds about right to me. The juice flow holes are sized as if they will wick perfectly with rayon. Personally, I am highly anticipating the X[dream] and the development of accessories for it.

Last edited:

Baseman

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2015
Munich, Germany
What I heard, SQ will come up with a single coil deck 'by summer'.

Baseman

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2015
Munich, Germany
Got mine yesterday (local store). :w00t:
squapex_6nbdb3.jpeg

Baseman

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2015
Munich, Germany
I'm running a NiFe48 Dual Coil, 0.28mm (AWG29), 0.25 Ohm.
squapex_5kwkm8.jpeg

The flavor is really clear and defined. I only used my Rs with the B-Deck (Single Coil) and the X feels like an Rs on steroids - at least with my DC setup.

And don't underestimate those small liquid holes, even with very high VG, the juice flow is really good. I heavily recommend filling the whole deck with cotton, I didn't at first and instantly flooded the chamber.

If you are a strict MtL & Single Coil guy, the X isn't the wrong atomizer per se, but it raises the question if you aren't better off with another Rs for example. Personally, I really like the X - but I need more time for a complete conclusion.

Mooky

Jan 4, 2016
Canada, Qc
I'm running a NiFe48 Dual Coil, 0.28mm (AWG29), 0.25 Ohm.
squapex_5kwkm8.jpeg

The flavor is really clear and defined. I only used my Rs with the B-Deck (Single Coil) and the X feels like an Rs on steroids - at least with my DC setup.

And don't underestimate those small liquid holes, even with very high VG, the juice flow is really good. I heavily recommend filling the whole deck with cotton, I didn't at first and instantly flooded the chamber.

If you are a strict MtL & Single Coil guy, the X isn't the wrong atomizer per se, but it raises the question if you aren't better off with another Rs for example. Personally, I really like the X - but I need more time for a complete conclusion.
Thanks for the good review and nice setup Baseman ! :thumb:
I'm also using the B-deck on the Rs with ni200 or NiFe and cotton beacon. Better in using single coil for TC, I know it can be setup on the X but I think the downside will be his lenght.

Reactions: Baseman

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I must admit I am a bit underwhelmed with this. The extant reviews arent particularly glowing. I think I will stick with the Rs for the moment and see what develops (nano kit, singke coil deck etc). It looks beautifully made, as expected (save the silly gap at the bottom) but doesnt quite fit my vape style as it is.

Reactions: Mooky

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Got mine today. Vapes well thus far. It's going in a railbox so the height won't matter - it's TALL.

Running a dual 26g SS / 2.5mm / 9 wrap for .24ohms

Seems to keep up with wicking and flavor is what you would expect.

Quality is top notch of course.

Time to play with some builds.

824c2abe9724184e3fdbdfc6d50c629e.jpg

a3dad5773ac63e32f230596ea0eb3411.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Clone already hitting:

SJMY SQuape X[dream] Style RTA 4ml 22mm Silver Rebuildable Atomizer

It's a smaller version it appears, more like the height of the R(s).

I love my R(s) and if they would come out with R(s) with top fill and juice control, it would be perfect (may be able to use this tank with the existing R(s) base, not sure).

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Shouldn't have watched the reviews... didn't want one before, but after watching Todd and the BGV review, I think I do...

Definitely going to wait until the shorter version comes out, though, even my RS is on the tall side for me.
I thought Todd's review was a bit underwhelming to be honest. Same for Damien's. I am really on the fence on this one still..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread