Status
Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
You might want to consider applying VG (or ejuice) to the orings before you put it together. Mine was tight but now can go from open to locked while on the mod - after a few tanks.

This thing does have issues but still provides a great vape. With the new single coil deck this might turn into a Narda with a tank, IMHO.
i did think of that! ;)

Its already been in use for more than a week and no sign of any improvement...

@Noodles11 There is plenty of AF just none of hit really hits the coil.

I will persist for a while and I'm sure I can get a decent vape out of it but the stiffness of the lock/unlock thing is really ticking me off...

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
All I can say is mine was so hard to twist initially, I needed a glove or tool... Now it's effortless. Not sure if the juice is more beneficial on the upper ring that twists inside the tank? Or getting the build deck to seat further down. I think it may be a combination of both?

The twisting got better for me, it was suggested to remove the upper deck piece, lube it and that oring well, and do the same for the build deck, lube it and that oring (which I feel made the build deck set properly which was a tiny bit lower than before)

After those 2 adjustments, 510 base twists no problem.

Any word on the single coil deck? I'm refilling this tank at least twice a day, if not more! It's a juice hog.

Reactions: RickCain

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
All I can say is mine was so hard to twist initially, I needed a glove or tool... Now it's effortless. Not sure if the juice is more beneficial on the upper ring that twists inside the tank? Or getting the build deck to seat further down. I think it may be a combination of both?

The twisting got better for me, it was suggested to remove the upper deck piece, lube it and that oring well, and do the same for the build deck, lube it and that oring (which I feel made the build deck set properly which was a tiny bit lower than before)

After those 2 adjustments, 510 base twists no problem.

Any word on the single coil deck? I'm refilling this tank at least twice a day, if not more! It's a juice hog.

Thanks for that. I have pretty much lubed everything I can access and its not different so far. Maybve I'll break it down and start again....

Just to say, If I leave off the upper deck cap thing, it is still crazy tight so it isnt anything in the chamber itself..I wish they had put some kind of knurling on the bottom piece. Aesthetically it wouldnt have been so nice but practically it would be very useful!!

ps. Todd has a review of the SC deck out on youtube!

Last edited:

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Thanks for that. I have pretty much lubed everything I can access and its not different so far. Maybve I'll break it down and start again....

Just to say, If I leave off the upper deck cap thing, it is still crazy tight so it isnt anything in the chamber itself..I wish they had put some kind of knurling on the bottom piece. Aesthetically it wouldnt have been so nice but practically it would be very useful!!

I so agree on the knurling for the bottom piece. It has the little dent/grabby points on the top cap?! Even just that would have been practicle...oh well.

I've seen the video, it makes me want the single coil deck.

Now back to the base not twisting. If your base isn't twisting properly without the upper deck installed, in my opinion, it's either the oring is too thick? Or your little nubs / grooves aren't milled quite right? I'd definately explore the simple oring swap before I'd try to file/sand anything. ;)

Sorry I couldn't be more help, and hope your able to sort out your issues. I seriously like mine... Been vaping it exclusively the past few days and tremendously enjoy it (except how much juice it eats up!)

ksaipas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Had another issue today. Locked it off for a refill,. unscrewed the top cap and the chimney unscrewed with it dumping what was left of the juice on my lap...again...this is really not going well...

Use an Allen/hex key to screw it firmly.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Had another issue today. Locked it off for a refill,. unscrewed the top cap and the chimney unscrewed with it dumping what was left of the juice on my lap...again...this is really not going well...
jiFfM.jpg

Pardon my ignorance, is that required? I never tighten mine with allen key. Care to share what purpose of it getting tighten (or I dont even know it is possible - Sorry, don't shoot me, i skipped the manual)?
Sure. If you look at the chimney from below will realise that a Allen key fits to secure it in place. Please check the following photos:
9ca2f81c35960b013f4927f136199c13.jpg
04c2477abf83557fc2483f510d3e3bdf.jpg

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Sure. If you look at the chimney from below will realise that a Allen key fits to secure it in place. Please check the following photos:
9ca2f81c35960b013f4927f136199c13.jpg
04c2477abf83557fc2483f510d3e3bdf.jpg

Ok. Shame one would need to do that but thanks for the heads up. It might be nice for them to mention it in the manual also. Maybe its there but the type is so bloody small I might have missed it (and I dont like having to read manuals to use atties...lol) Anyway, I learnt something today!! :) Its still headed for the classies though. My patience has been exhausted!

Reactions: ksaipas

ksaipas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
When I got mine I dismantled it for cleaning so on rebuilding it I tightened the chimney in place. As such I cannot comment if I'd get the same issue down the line if I had not dismantled/rebuilt it. Hopefully you won't get any other issues once you tighten it. :)

Reactions: Phone Guy

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
So, changing out the bottom o-ring fixed the tightness. I noticed the diameter of the new ring is a little smaller than the stock one although the thickness looked pretty much the same, around 1.5mm i reckon. So it is likely that the extra stretch of the replacement thins it out a fraction.

Anyway, if anyone is having serious problems with this issue try the o-ring swap!!! :)

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
So, changing out the bottom o-ring fixed the tightness. I noticed the diameter of the new ring is a little smaller than the stock one although the thickness looked pretty much the same, around 1.5mm i reckon. So it is likely that the extra stretch of the replacement thins it out a fraction.

Anyway, if anyone is having serious problems with this issue try the o-ring swap!!! :)
Did you change the oring inside where the deck goes in? or around the bottom below the threading for the tank section?

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Did you change the oring inside where the deck goes in? or around the bottom below the threading for the tank section?
round the bottom. I figured the tightness was as bad whether the top deck part was on or off so it had to be that. I'm surprised how different the orings appear in diameter. I may have put in the worng one but it was the thickest so I'm pretty sure its the right replacement. Anyway, it works great now!

Reactions: Phone Guy

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Glad to hear it @TheotherSteveS. I've had a rough couple days with my mine.... First I stripped one of the grub screws for the posts. (I hate grub screws, especially those tiny ones). Replaced that.

Then it suddenly stopped vaping completely. Would instantly hit temp limit, produce no sound or vapor. Went back in tightened screws for Coils (posts), removed and replaced the 510 screw and it vaped a little while then again, no vapor.

Rebuild the Coils, worked a little while then same thing, TC limit and no vapor.

I obviously have a connection issue somewhere. I'm guessing at the 510? But could be the posts to coil? But my money is on the 510 because I noticed the 510 screw was dirty... Not juicy but the threads had something on them? I guess it has to be juice? I assumed the base was sealed? So it might be leaking from the posts? Maybe down the centers where the wire goes in? Either way if less than a weeks use will require a complete overhaul (not to mention new grub screws every week) then my love affair with the squape x may be over. I seriously love the way it Vapes, but to completely stop vaping? I've never had a tank do that... And it doesn't read shorted, it hits whatever my dna200 is temp set to instantly and no vapor. Very angry right now.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA

For what it's worth, I had the exact same problem. By "had" I mean it's sitting in a rack collecting dust and the occasional scowl from me. I had to use a Coil Master tank wrench to get the thing to break free. Did not matter in the end because the first time I did a build and tried to MTL vape with it, the thing tore my throat out. Thought I was vaping sandpaper. Contacted the useless customer service people and they said, and I'm paraphrasing, "Well, we have new deck for you soon, then it best best for you!" I said cool, you send me the new deck for free right? When can I expect it? They said, No, you pay, you pay in June we think" I at that point lost it. Was not pretty. Still trying to decide if I want to BUY the new deck or just throw the boat anchor up for sale and be done with it.

!@#$%^& Swiss Quality Indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread