Squid Industries Double Barrel V2.1 150W Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
I have owned this mod for about 6 months and I have loved it.
I dropped it for the very first time today from about 3 feet, and it is basically fried.
Sometimes it will power on, sometimes it won't, and there is now constant battery rattle.
I have been vaping for over 4 years and prior to today I have never destroyed a mod in a single drop.
For a $100 mod that claims to be durable I am quite unimpressed with the quality.
Anybody else had issues?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
frjaldomr, I've had Squiddies issues, but not a drop and no fire issue. Feel free to join us here. There are many DB owners there, and someone may have some ideas for you.

Kat’s Kalamari Klub (Squid Industries Mods)

Have you contacted Eric on this? If so, what was the reply?

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
Thanks.
I haven't yet. It just happened late yesterday and I was working all day, today.
I do plan to contact the company and see if maybe they have any ideas. I was messing around with it this morning before work and I think it might just be the battery door knocked out of whack.
I didn't see a phone number on their website. You just have to contact them by email?
I hope I can get something worked out because I simply love the mod.

thewarm

Nov 25, 2013
Seattle
My six month old DB V2.1 battery door kept falling off, so I ordered a new door and a silicone sleeve (another $20 + down the drain). Yesterday I took a vape and noticed the display was dead! It still vapes, but who knows at what wattage...
$30 and $7.10 shipping to send it in???
I'm throwing in my junk drawer.

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
Yeah, I sent the company an email and a message on Facebook and they have completely ignored me.
I went ahead and took the risk and ordered a new battery door, thinking that might be the problem.
$7 plus another $7+ for shipping.
I figured I'd risk $15 on the off chance it might save my $100 mod.
But, I have to say I'm quite disappointed with the quality of this 'durable' mod and the complete lack of customer support.
I really loved the mod when it worked and I am definitely one who will stick with a company if they stick with me, but I won't be purchasing a TAC21.

Last edited:

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
Well the battery door wasn't the problem and I still haven't heard from the company, even though I have attempted again to contact them by a email.
But, I did manage to fix the mod.
The battery contacts inside the mod were smashed down. I guess when the mod hit the ground the batteries bent the contacts back.
I slid a dental pick down there and was able to pull the contacts back into place.
Mod works perfectly fine and no battery rattle.

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
Hi frjaldomr,

Good news you managed to get it back on the scene.

Bad news (but always good to know) there's no service at Squid Industries

Thank you for telling

JJ
I do have to say that they did eventually answer, after I had already fixed the problem. Took them far too long in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread