Squid Industries Double Barrel V4 issues !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TARTARA

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2023
I have my Double Barrel V4 for a few months now, it's slightly used and usually im very carefully with my devices especially when they are new like this one, imagine that i still have my joyetech Evic VTC Mini and still works !

The last 2-3 days it doesn't reads the correct Ohms on my RTAs, for example a 0,8 build it reads it up to 2,97 ... !?

Any thoughts please ... !?

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I have my Double Barrel V4 for a few months now, it's slightly used and usually im very carefully with my devices especially when they are new like this one, imagine that i still have my joyetech Evic VTC Mini and still works !

The last 2-3 days it doesn't reads the correct Ohms on my RTAs, for example a 0,8 build it reads it up to 2,97 ... !?

Any thoughts please ... !?

Force your DBv4 to reread the resistance of your atty. Remove the atty, pull the batteries, wait a few seconds, reinsert them and try again.

If it's still not reading the correct resistance then try another atty.

If both are reading wrong resistances then clean the DBv4 510 connection, the mods battery terminals and try again.

If the resistance is still off return your DBv4 for warranty repair.

If you're running a dual coil build you could try leaving only 1 coil installed at a time and seeing if that gets you an accurate reading. Also checking for top cap/chimney clearance, and for debris in the leg post holes. All that can be skipped by just screwing a different atty on. More than likely its just the 510 section. Would take a qtip with iso to the threads on your device. then rip off the cotton on one end and with a pair of tweezers run that around the 510 pin. It can still end up with a bad layer on the contact from being exposed to air. The iso q-tip/cotton will help

Reactions: TARTARA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread