Squonk bottle with steel top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellleeds

Jun 9, 2018
Hello there not sure if it’s a problem or not but in my squonk mod I’ve noticed that when I press the fire button the brass connector that runs up the side of my squonker touches my squonk bottles steel lid and the lid touches my battery at the same time,everything works well just wasn’t sure if this could cause a problem of some sort maybe a short

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
On the chance the battery wrap gets damaged where the bottle top touches the battery, it can cause a short. On the one mod I had that did this, I put a piece of shrink wrap on the contact so there was no metal to metal contact on the bottle. An 18650 battery wrap usually fits as well, just cut it to fit the contact and slide it onto the contact and shrink it down with a hair dryer or heat gun.

Dellleeds

Jun 9, 2018
On the chance the battery wrap gets damaged where the bottle top touches the battery, it can cause a short. On the one mod I had that did this, I put a piece of shrink wrap on the contact so there was no metal to metal contact on the bottle. An 18650 battery wrap usually fits as well, just cut it to fit the contact and slide it onto the contact and shrink it down with a hair dryer or heat gun.
Thanks for the advice don’t have any battery wraps so i’ll try some electrical tape thank you

Reactions: bsidb

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Thanks for the advice don’t have any battery wraps so i’ll try some electrical tape thank you
It is highly recommended for anyone who uses removeable batteries to have a few battery wraps on hand, especially if your running a mech mod. Damaged battery wraps can be dangerous in a mech, and wraps are dirt cheap.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Wonder if that stuff would work on the tiny edge nicks I have on a couple of batteries instead of having to reward them.

It could, temporarily. But it would actually be easier and safer to rewrap. It isn't hard or expensive to rewrap batteries. My local shop does it for free, maybe a shop near you will too.

• Agree
Reactions: zoiDman

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Reactions: zoiDman

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
It could, temporarily. But it would actually be easier and safer to rewrap. It isn't hard or expensive to rewrap batteries. My local shop does it for free, maybe a shop near you will too.

I’m just being lazy lol! I bought some wraps this week and just need to do it. I’ve never done it before and tbh I’m a bit nervous.

• Optimistic
Reactions: bsidb

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Nope. There is no issue if you touch the pos and neg with your fingers at the same time.

Okay thanks I think that’s what was worrying me the most. I’m not very dexteritous because of ms & fibro so I can see me twiddling around with it in my hands. No problem keeping all metal objects away. Thanks for the advice. I’ll give it a go tomorrow then.

Reactions: Zaryk

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If I touch both the positive and negative at the same time will there be a problem. Am a conductor?

Absolutely you are a Conductor. But, and I mean this is the Nicest Way, you are a Very Poor Conductor. LOL.

That is why you can Hold a Battery by the Ends and Nothing happens. But if you put a Wire or a piece of Metal (a VERY Good Conductor) between the ends of the Battery, all Heck breaks Loose.

So Not to Worry if you touch the Positive and the Negative ends of a Battery with your Fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread