Not open for further replies.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I really want to try this. Can someone point me in the direction of a regulated mod thats reasonably priced? No mechanical please, only regulated.

What is your definition of reasonably priced?

There are some good/great regulated squonkers out there (disclaimer, I'm with Tracey in the mech camp and haven't actually used a regulated) but the pricing is not inexpensive.

Try Live Wire mods for the GDNA regulated squonker, probably the least expensive without getting into low end/disposable type mods. The Sunbox is a nice unit and if you want really high end Catfish Atty Mods and TModCustoms both have hand built regulated mods available (or available soon) in their respective threads here on ECF.

I'm sure there are others but like I said, I only do mechs. I'm sure some other folks can jump in with more knowledge on the subject than me. @Rossum comes to mind.

Good luck in your search!

Reactions: TraceyS

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
have a look at this:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...ntain-v2-styled-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer
3366100-7.jpg

squonk fitted on the rda itself; use with your regular regulated mod.

bman1977

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
New Jersey
What is your definition of reasonably priced?

There are some good/great regulated squonkers out there (disclaimer, I'm with Tracey in the mech camp and haven't actually used a regulated) but the pricing is not inexpensive.

Try Live Wire mods for the GDNA regulated squonker, probably the least expensive without getting into low end/disposable type mods. The Sunbox is a nice unit and if you want really high end Catfish Atty Mods and TModCustoms both have hand built regulated mods available (or available soon) in their respective threads here on ECF.

I'm sure there are others but like I said, I only do mechs. I'm sure some other folks can jump in with more knowledge on the subject than me. @Rossum comes to mind.

Good luck in your search!

Id say anything under $125?

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
There doesn't seem to be much middle ground for regulated squonkers. There are a couple of inexpensive Chinese units (Geyscano, S-body) which have mixed reviews. Both are available on angelcigs.com, I believe. Steam Crave now makes a regulated squonker at the $99 price point. It's brand new and I don't believe any have made it to users yet. Next, you are looking at stuff like a Svapiamo SX350 (~$200, IIRC) and it just gets more expensive from there.

edit: there does exist a clone of the Vapor Flask Squonk which is probably pretty cheap... and probably pretty bad.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Anyone have any experience with this?

Thoughts?

you can check the discussions and reviews on the link provided.

for 12 bucks it's a quick way to get into squonking.

i don't care for the driptip; doesn't seem 510 compatible. But otherwise definitely worth a shot

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Good luck.
Quality regulated squonkers start at about three times that.

I went and did a LMGTFY search and saw the Geyscano mod. My first thought was that any regulated mod/atty combo that cost less than a quality chip probably isn't built to last too long :unsure:

Reactions: Bad Ninja

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I went and did a LMGTFY search and saw the Geyscano mod. My first thought was that any regulated mod/atty combo that cost less than a quality chip probably isn't built to last too long :unsure:

I was provided a Geyscano for review several months ago. It was pretty terrible.

Reactions: B2L

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
If a demand arises it can be done.

Decent regulated mod is in the 40-50 dollar range and the size plus a 10ml joose bottle is roughly the same as a Sig 100.

So Sig could put there proven 50w chip and a single 18650 plus a bottle in the 100 case, cut a aqueeze door and ***boom*** its arrived.

I'd buy one. Mech era is behind me so Reo's are out and the Italian jobs are to much for something I'm not sure I'd like.

Come on China we want new toys!!!!!!

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
The Steamcrave squonk box is coming. It'll be a 60W box with TC powered by a single 18650. If its as good as everything else they've been making, it ought to be a decent product. Its going for $99.

And it would appear they heard me.

Gosh golly Wally that was fast.

Reactions: bman1977

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
A Vaporflask Squonk clone with maybe a converted Bottom Fed Derringer, an Odin, or even a Chalice 3 clone would be a relatively inexpensive introduction to squonking. An alternative to trying out, try to find a Vision Aurora, it will attach to any device, has a small juice bottle, can accept a 510 BF dripper to it or Vision's designed coil heads for it to see how you like it. Check out Toddecigarette reviews on youtube, he has dozens of squonk reviews and may give you a look at what options are out there high end and see if you can find cheaper clones out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread