SS Mesh wrapped around silica for Vivi Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.

thevyrus

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
new york
Im trying to rebuild my vivi nova again, I was wondering if I could wrap the ss mesh around the silica, trim off the exposed strands of silica and then just do the oxidation process. Or do I need to oxidize the ss mesh first and then wrap it around the silica? Im hoping this might improve vapor production from my vivi nova. I want to make a thicker wick with the added silica and bore out the wick grooves a little wider. Figuring a thicker wick with more surface area for the coils to contact will generate more vapor. I am looking for the most vapor i can get. I also drilled out the nipple on the positive connector of the atomizer head so it doesnt feel like i'm breathing through a coffee straw. It did vastly improve air flow, but the vapor has become a little thinner due to added air. Any suggestions for maximizing vapor would be greatly appreciated, as well as any answer to the oxidizing of the hybrid wick. Thanks.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
SNG vapor sells a nova replacement head that seems pretty interesting. They consist of a 500 SS Mesh wick, rolled and insulated with a segment of XC-116 Wicking material. A Kanthal coil is wrapped at approximately 1.7ohms (+/- .2ohms). These are recommended for VV/VW or mechanical mods, not eGo batteries. They fit well in a standard Vivi Nova or STV Nova, and have been used (but not fully tested or recommended) in the Mini Vivi's. These will withstand much higher voltages than a standard Nova head, as the mesh/ceramic combination eliminates coil burn that leads to a burnt taste. They are capable of being dry-burned to clean, and are designed to last 3-5 times longer than a standard head will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread