Ss316/ss316L tcr help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LikelySplash710

Sep 28, 2017
So I used tc all day then my mod had some issues when I changed my batteries fixed that by changing the back plate . I was using the same coil and rda but in power mode for a while and now I'm back in tc and the resistance has jumped a bunch and it hits super hot and is just off from before. Did I ruin it by using power mode or because the resistance went up do I need a lower heat? I'm getting dry hits and burnt tastes never had that problem with tc before

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
The temperature is too high if it is burning the wick. So either the settings are off for the TCR, the ohm reading is wrong or there is some other issue.

With TC I don't get dry hits. If the wick can't keep up the mod just throttles the coil and I don't get a burn hit, I just get less or little vapor. Same if I run the tank dry, no burn, just no vapor

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
It's late and I could have missed it but what mod is this? Resistance of the atty will make a big difference for a DNA. For the initial resistance reading even .01Ω will make a difference. You also said the resistance was jumping around. This leads me to suspect a 510 issue. There is also the issue of how the mod was set up in the factory. I've had Lost Vapes set wrong and HCigar's not set at all. The DNA PCB is very sophisticated and depends on a number of parameters that need to be pretty accurate. Obviously I don't know what you have reviewed on the mod but there are tutorials or at least detailed posts here that well describe setting the internal resistance and the thermal dynamics. As much as I hate to throw all these variables into what appeared to be a simple request, they may be applicable. Oh, and which DNA? The DNA 75C stainless profile from Evolve is a bit flaky. DJLsb has a corrected profile on his website.

• Useful

LikelySplash710

Sep 28, 2017
It's late and I could have missed it but what mod is this? Resistance of the atty will make a big difference for a DNA. For the initial resistance reading even .01Ω will make a difference. You also said the resistance was jumping around. This leads me to suspect a 510 issue. There is also the issue of how the mod was set up in the factory. I've had Lost Vapes set wrong and HCigar's not set at all. The DNA PCB is very sophisticated and depends on a number of parameters that need to be pretty accurate. Obviously I don't know what you have reviewed on the mod but there are tutorials or at least detailed posts here that well describe setting the internal resistance and the thermal dynamics. As much as I hate to throw all these variables into what appeared to be a simple request, they may be applicable. Oh, and which DNA? The DNA 75C stainless profile from Evolve is a bit flaky. DJLsb has a corrected profile on his website.
d
Wotofo troll rda on an rd 2/3 the resistance fluctuates when I fire it and when I took it on and off went from .23-.21-.22

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
The coil resistance will change when fired and the mod is probably showing that. After firing it should drop back to display the original ohm reading.

If the temperature is different when removed and put back on, the reading will fluctuate. Any temp change and the ohm reading will be different

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
What I don't get is it broke the rules of tc. Why did it burn. It's like it fired in power mode I looked at the screen even to double check!!
My guess is that something had it confused as to what the initial resistance really was making it run hotter than it's set point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread