Ss316 wire question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic vaper

Jan 12, 2019
I have always been vaping on either ni80 or ni90 in my 5 years of vaping. I even used to use ni200 back in the day even though it was frowned upon. I am thinking about trying to use ss316, but I keep hearing temp control this, temp control that. I only use mech mods. Can I still use ss316 on mechs? I know this is a noobie style question, but I just want to use ss properly.

MauricioLozano

Feb 11, 2019
I have always been vaping on either ni80 or ni90 in my 5 years of vaping. I even used to use ni200 back in the day even though it was frowned upon. I am thinking about trying to use ss316, but I keep hearing temp control this, temp control that. I only use mech mods. Can I still use ss316 on mechs? I know this is a noobie style question, but I just want to use ss properly.

Actually, I’ve read that ss is the recommended wire for mechs (that’s what I use on all my mechs)

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Reactions: Classic vaper

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Stainless on mechs is Glorious! You get more wire, faster ramp, and a much cleanest taste.

Just do it. (minding ohms law and safety, oK)

316, .185 ohms total on a USA meter. (Remeasured for accuracy)
20190207_143847.jpg

Last edited:

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I neither agree nor disagree with your claims (I have a hunch everyone's different) but I did want to say, that's a lovely build. My shaky tremor hands are envious....

Glad you are enjoying yourself :)

Anna

Its true that everyone is different, but I get the exact same experience with SS.

My shaky tremor hands are in 100% agreement with yours :thumb:

Classic vaper

Jan 12, 2019
I agree with the others. However, come back and let us know what you think about SS when you try it for yourself.
I made a 7 wrap dual coil at .22 ohms and am really enjoying it. But is it safe to dry burn this ss316L? I know its dangerous to dry burn nickel and titanium wire obviously.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I made a 7 wrap dual coil at .22 ohms and am really enjoying it. But is it safe to dry burn this ss316L? I know its dangerous to dry burn nickel and titanium wire obviously.

There is debate as to whether or not dry burning 316L is “safe”. I dry burn mine when installing and the occasional clean up and have not had any apparent issues.

I never use a fully charged battery for the initial dry burn (the equivalent of lowering wattage on a regulated device) and don’t hold it for too long, just long enough to start to glow. I don’t know that it really makes a difference, but it makes me feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread