SSGGTS + Odysseus questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryodream

Dec 7, 2010
FL, US
Hi,
First of all, I need to say, that GGTS is my first and only mod. Previously I had Volcano's Inferno. Smoke free from December 9th 2010 :)
Anyway, been using GGTS for couple of months now and loving it. Received Odysseus a week or 2 ago, but tried it out just 2 days ago. Previously I used pretty much only 306 LR 1.5 attys and dripping. So I'm quite a newbie, please be gentle :)

1. What wick should I buy for Odysseus and where? Please, recommend. I just ordered of both wires:
PnJ Resources, LLC : Nichrome 80 and .999 Fine Silver 30 Gauge Round Dead Soft Wire
Hope these will be ok.

2. In Imeo's videos GGTS with Ody looks like "a single piece", but mine does not:

T[/URL]he top part from GGTS (air control thingy) is too long and does not fit with Odysseus. So what part am I missing/need to buy. I tried looking on CoV, but could not find anything. AFAIK, I've got the "newest model" of GGTS and Ody is the newest iAtty, so it is strange they don't go perfectly with each other straight out of the box, to say the least.
I'm now using it just like the picture shows and I miss the air control. I've got used to silent vaping with air control part covering my 306 atty and now I get that whooshing/whistling sound when I'm vaping without it.

3. I'm making new atty every day. These 2 are from day 1 and 2 (I'm on day 3 atm):

A[/URL]s you can see they're quite burned after a single day of use. Is that normal, or I'm I doing something wrong? (I don't mind making a new atty every day, it's way cheaper than buying 306es anyway, but I'm just wondering...)

ATM I'm vaping Hypnotic Myst (100% VG) from FreeedonSmokeUSA. I like to chain vape. Don't like throat hit, but like to get as much vapor as I possibly can. Don't even know what else to tell you, if you need any more info on anything, ask away.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Hi cry, regarding which part are you missing.... It's the control tank which came with your GG. Rather than attaching your ODY to the connector, you will need the rethreader which also came with your GG and a 901 to 510 adapter. You will use your control tank without the top cap.

Pic or the rethreader:
Thread_Adapter_f_4d81ac7f1f0b3.jpg

901-510 adapter: Adapters

Last edited:

gredie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
GG, Austria
Hi cryo,

you will be able to buy the wick which came with Odysseus at the sellers soon.
To your 2nd question there's a nice document with pictures from Ariel_MX about different ways to attach Odysseus onto GGTS using adapters.
Maybe you wanna have a look at it: GG adapters - E-Cigarette Wiki
Take a rethreater and a 901-510 adapter and you can use your collector tank and air control ring with your Odysseus.

I don't check my wick in the Odysseus daily, but after a couple of days it looks similar to yours or even worse. If vape experience is ok for you, i wouldn't care about.

cryodream

Dec 7, 2010
FL, US
Hi cry, regarding which part are you missing.... It's the control tank which came with your GG. Rather than attaching your ODY to the connector, you will need the rethreader which also came with your GG and a 901 to 510 adapter. You will use your control tank without the top cap.
Thanks. I looked at the rethreaders (now I know what they're called :) ) I thought maybe if I use them tem both, I could extend the connection and use the control tank (now I know what that is called too :) ) but obviously It was no go. Thanks for info.

Hi cryo,
Maybe you wanna have a look at it: GG adapters - E-Cigarette Wiki
Awesome link, thanks a lot. Methinks I should go with the 510-901 & 901-510 option. That one looks very nice and flush. I would probably prefer to use control tank with a cap, so as not to scratch the Ody's bottom. I mean like this:
510-901_901-510_result-2.jpg

Hi cryo,
you will be able to buy the wick which came with Odysseus at the sellers soon.
CoV has some wick, but it's $3 bucks for 3 feet, c'mon. I would like to get it in bulk and in normal bulk prices.

Last edited:

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Awesome link, thanks a lot. Methinks I should go with the 510-901 & 901-510 option. That one looks very nice and flush. I would probably prefer to use control tank with a cap, so as not to scratch the Ody's bottom.

You will be more likely to scratch the brass top cap of your GG than the bottom of the ODY since brass is considerably softer. I use mine without the top cap and the bottom of the ODY looks the same as the day I got it, not scratches. Plus, if something was to scratch, I'd rather it be at the bottom of the ODY where you can never see it. Also, if you do it this way, you will probably loose the air control feature.

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Thanks. I looked at the rethreaders (now I know what they're called :) ) I thought maybe if I use them tem both, I could extend the connection and use the control tank (now I know what that is called too :) ) but obviously It was no go. Thanks for info.

Awesome link, thanks a lot. Methinks I should go with the 510-901 & 901-510 option. That one looks very nice and flush. I would probably prefer to use control tank with a cap, so as not to scratch the Ody's bottom. I mean like this:

CoV has some wick, but it's $3 bucks for 3 feet, c'mon. I would like to get it in bulk and in normal bulk prices.

If you wanna use the Colector Tank with cap and airflow control, the best option is to use this combination of adapters:

Adapter: GGTS 510-901 rethreader & 901-808 & 901-510

GG adapters - GG Wiki

It allows the use of the collector tank with cap, airflow control and the Odysseus will sit on the GGTS without gap between, and the GGTS will be smaller.

Check the battery connector pin in both combinations (510 -> 901 + 901 -> 510 and 510-901 rethreader + 901 -> 808 + 901 -> 510)

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
One more thing, in case you haven't seen this... Imeo came out with the new ODY base for GG users. This component is designed to help us eliminate the need for adapters through the control tank while having full benefits of airflow control. It will be available in just a few weeks so you might not want to invest too much into this right now since it's only temporary.

You can see it here:

cryodream

Dec 7, 2010
FL, US
Thanks, guys.

One more thing, in case you haven't seen this... Imeo came out with the new ODY base for GG users. This component is designed to help us eliminate the need for adapters through the control tank while having full benefits of airflow control. It will be available in just a few weeks so you might not want to invest too much into this right now since it's only temporary.
Probably the best solution is to wait for this thing.

Warning! Here comes the criticism :)

1. I've already spent ~$400 bucks on GGTS + Ody and now I'm in for probably another $30 just to make it fit nicely? :glare: It's not like I want to connect Ody to some unknown mod or something, it's freaking GGTS, ie: I want to use together the only two things Imeo produces atm, afaik.

2. What was the reason behind the decision to make collector tank so long? I mean, after months of dripping, I have never ever collected any liquid in there! I had no leaks of liquid that needed to be collected there. (I actually had some very minor leakage through the center pin orings. Never had trouble with it, my batteries never got wet, just occasionally had to wipe the small amount of liquid from the inside of GGTS'es top cap.)

3. I have no way of seeing how many liquid I've got in the Odysseus. Why Ody's body could not have been out of plastic or at least have a window? Further more, even if I open the top cap, I cannot freaking see anything, because the atty and the mouthpiece on top of it takes up almost all the space inside and its reeeeeaaaaaaly hard to see if there's any liquid left in the narrow space around them (well, maybe it isn't in a broad daylight, but I'm a night dweller :) ).

4. Totally nitpicking. The huge size of Odysseus compared to the amount of liquid it holds. It kinda feels, that even though smaller in size, the collector could hold more liquid than Ody. Funnily, all the empty space in otherwise huge collector tank is wasted as it not used by anything it seems (correct me if I'm wrong).
When/if I connect GGTS with collector tank and Odysseus, the whole thing will look and feel more like a weapon than an ecig :laugh:

5. Maybe here is not a right place (maybe it would be better to ask this somewhere else), but my GGTS'es button gets quite hot sometimes (rather often), if I'm chain-vaping. Is this normal? IMHO, it shouldn't be this way. Is this a general design flaw or a flaw in my particular unit?

PS:
I ordered GGTS in July of this year (so, 5 months ago by now). From the day it arrived and I fired it up, I never used anything else. Nor I have anything else, btw. My girlfriend killed all Infernos about a month later and quit vaping afterwards. (Vaping got her to quit smoking, now she has quit vaping. Good for her - I'm not so lucky, I love it too much.) Anyway, the only thing I have and use in my GGTS. That alone says alot - GGTS work for me and I haven't felt the need to look for something else. Some might say, I don't know any better - maybe. Time will tell.

Sorry for long post and poor engrish, tis not my native tongue.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
@cry... Regarding question #5... The only thing your button needs is a simple cleaning. Just take it apart and clean the button spring. You can do that by gently sanding it with some fine sandpaper. And if you can, replace the ss button spring with the new brass spring for the 2012 button when it comes back in stock, it's $1 at COV: GG New 2012 Replacement Button Spring

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Regarding your question #1... The ODY was designed to be a rebuildable atty for all mods with a 510 connection, not just for a GGTS, that way even those who don't own a GGTS can enjoy using it. As you know, you don't exactly need the new ODY base for GG for it to work on your GGTS. I believe that Imeo is making the new base so that GG users can enjoy it even more by properly securing their ODY to their GG which is something not available for other mods. Personally, I'm thrilled that he is making this new base and if I didn't think it would be useful to me, I always have the option of not buying it because again it's not necessary to have it to make the ODY function properly on my ssggts. I think that constant upgrades and add-ons is something that most GG users love having access to. Just my :2c:

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
Regarding question #1: Imeo released just the pieces for Odysseus in short mode early to satisfy the rabid GG family. He could have waited until he had all parts before selling anything at all, but there may have been villagers with torches knocking at his door. ;-)

All of us here, at least, knew that in order to enjoy the full Odysseus experience, we would have to shell out more future $$$ after getting the short mode - it's just an accepted fact. I for one can't wait for the 'extra parts' to be released and will be first in line to get whatever I need!

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
1. I kinda understand what you are saying however Ody was designed to be used with all 510 devices. It was not designed to be GGTS specific which is nice since the Stealth doesn't come with the draw controll and right now it is almost as popular as the full GGTS.

2. I think (although this is just a guess here) the collector tank was designed long for fuller flexability to work with 901 atomizers. Or what B rad said lol

3 Full mode will come with a clear window to see where your juice is at. This was how Imeo origionally planned on releasing the Ody however many people were so excited to get their hands on it Imeo decided to release short mode first so we all didn't have to wait an extra month. That being said the mouthpiece takes up so much space because it needs to to cover the ceramic and work the way it does and the ceramic is as large as it is because people were asking for a larger coil opening then the iAtty had because it was extremely limiting.

4 See number 3 answer Ody is large because of the size of the ceramic and design of the juice controll.

5 Hot button is usually a sign of either a short or a dirty spring. Not having owned other mechanical mods it is my understand that most if nto all require routine maintenance.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
I opened my mailbox and pulled out a box with a GGStealth and an Odysseus today. I had band practice or I would have been building tonight. I cannot wait till this top base is available and big mode : )

This is like Voltron! Pieces unite!!

Yes GG is the Voltron of PV's!!

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
Half the fun is that it's modular! You also have to look at the fact that the potential to never NEED another atty is pretty much eliminated. The price was more than fair, in fact a steal IMHO.

Another great thing is that, you only have to pick and choose the parts that you want, it becomes truly yours. :) Happy vaping,

Proud user of the rethreader 901-510 no top cap on collection tank! Your GGTS will actually be shorter, because the center battery pin will travel farther up into the connection than if you use the 510-901 901-510 with the top cap, (substantially shorter, try it, you will see)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Its 2 dollars, not 3 cryo. Maybe you didnt read well buddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread