Wood stab wood box mod with fl 80

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokdundee

May 1, 2016
Hi Modders/All
My name is Gerrit and I live in the Netherlands, vaping for 2 years now.
When I first start to make my first mod, with 0 experience in milling I had to learn everything
from the bottom up.
Here some pictures from the two mods I dit so far.
Kind regards from the Netherlands
Gerrit

Attachments

• IMG_3709.JPG
    IMG_3709.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_3785.JPG
    IMG_3785.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 175
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 170

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I turn wood on a lathe and turn mostly bowls but started with pens. I also do very little flat work and have some curly maple (my favorite wood to work with) that I have been wanting to make a lipo mod (one NLPWM and another one DNA 250) but just haven't been able to find time on my days off to get into the studio and do any wood working.

I looked at your mods and you do some fine work also good choice in wood. The first mod looks like what we called buckeye burl here in the states. Love that wood. Here is a pic of the wood that I'm wanting to build my lipo box out of. It will be the size of a Hammond N1. I'm also thinking about replacing the doors on my frame lipo mod with this. My lipo is just a frame but the doors are acrylic (adding a pic of it also). The frame is gun metal so I think the dark gun metal color with the light color of the maple would look good.

cf649de622072ac3d257e6632a672560.jpg

35250bc31b1805854f0eecf20dc445f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Won't be hard at all. All I need to do is come up with what I want the wall thickness to be the make a template and use a plung router and some flush cut router bits and go to town. I've done one before this way and it turned out really good. I don't have it anymore because one of my buddies came over as I was finishing the. Hiked on it and he said he wanted it so it got sold. It was just like a Hammond style box. In fact I took my measurements for the Hammond website of the N1 enclosure.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I woke up and couldn't sleep so I go in my spare room to my desk (vape room) and vape and play on ECF.

I haven't used any stabilized wood. All stabilized wood is wood that has been infused with acrylic to make it more like plastic. A lot of "stab" wood is burl which is what you have there in the pic. Love the grain of burl. That mod looks good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread