Stainless Steel and colored Lava Tubes are back (reg and mini) at Apollo for anyone waiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeTheDuke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
midwest Illinois
still waiting, shouldnt get charged extra, i DOO gotta say apollo customer service is on it, i cant imagine the amount of e mails and calls in crap there getting for the wait an such,

sucks to be waiting 2.5 months, but iam pretty sure the wait will be worth it

iam glad apollos customer service is great so far kudos on the part

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
From the Apollo site:
Update: The stainless steel version of vtubes are not in stock yet (the new delivery date given by the factory is now 4/15, sorry for the delay). We are still taking pre-orders. This stainless steel is real (not coated or painted) for both the body and the end cap, however because of its extremely high production cost we have to limit its production quantity to about 500 units as of March 18th. So the stainless steel will be a limited edition! Please get one while you can! If you placed your order but can not wait, please contact us for a complete refund.

We will also release a Chrome version which is easier to manufacture and will look similar to the stainless steel version, but it will be made of copper and coated with chrome. We are planning to release a copper version as well because many customers requested it.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Apollo customer service.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
K, I just talked to a rather clueless employee, so I'm not sure how accurate the info is, but she gave me some song and dance about how they're not sure of anything about the copper other than the fact that the chrome tube has a copper base. Anyway, they don't know what's going on yet, so might wanna hold off a few weeks before we start firing questions about the copper ones at them. I don't know what's going on... got the impression it was a decision the owner made that hasnt trickled down yet. ;)

Johnny mane

Moved On
Feb 29, 2012
United Kingdom
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier associate

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
still waiting, shouldnt get charged extra, i DOO gotta say apollo customer service is on it, i cant imagine the amount of e mails and calls in crap there getting for the wait an such,

sucks to be waiting 2.5 months, but iam pretty sure the wait will be worth it

iam glad apollos customer service is great so far kudos on the part

Is that not a month and a half wait?

It's not a 2.5 month wait, if that's what you're asking. This thread started 3/10, so it's still not a 1-1/2 month wait. Is that your point?

I was just sharing what it says on the site, since there seemed to be some questions.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
That's true, but me and a bunch of other people were waiting on the stainless to even be orderable before that. They announced em way back when. That might be the 2.5 mo figure those guys are referring to... 2.5 mos from hearing about the product and dying to have it, to finally getting it in your paws. lol . I know I was refreshing that page like crazy the day of the 10th. lol At the rate these are going I probably just should get the stainless delivered as promised mid april, and then start saving for the copper. lol Last thing I want is to coerce apollo into changing my order, and then wait another 4 or 5 mos. Usually, based on the limited info I know about big factories that distribute to a bunch of vendors, when they order a run of a specific product, they get given a fabrication date, which is the earliest that their 'run' of the product can be manufactured at the factory. And usually they have to wait in line behind all the other vendors who've already placed orders. So I'm thinking the copper could be many mos out. If anyone else has a different understanding of the process, though, I'd love to hear it. I'd hate to have my stainless show up and then two weeks later have the copper delivered. ;(

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
You know, you're right, Luketheduke. I didn't quite realize that much time had passed, but I ordered on the 2/10 date when they went up on site, myself, and at that point I thought they were in stock and ready to ship out. Ok, so here's some info I got yesterday from another vendor who's dealing with Lrider. This guy is a super straight shooter... he refuses to sell lava tubes he doesn't have in his possession, because lrider does jerk vendors around so much on dates and such. He said A) lrider is sort of known for using money they get from pre-orders on a product to finance the run of that product. Now in my opinion, that's NOT a safe thing to do, because if anything goes wrong, they're unable to meet the orders they've already been paid on, by the vendors. He said B) He's been asking his rep at lrider for the solid stainless lava tubes, and has been told repeatedly that the only silver models they have are the silver powdercoated one (thats the slightly glittery light silver one) and the copper body coated in chrome. The rep said they do not make them in solid stainless.

Now that's pretty scary. It could mean that the manufacturing of these stainless tubes is either too costly or a hassle, so lrider is not taking any more new orders from vendors on them (which makes sense, since on the apollo site it says that the stainless are a limited run of 500, and when they're gone, they're gone). Or it could mean that somehow something went awry and there's been either intentional or inadvertent miscommunication between lrider and apollo, and there' never were stainless tubes available from the manufacturer. Personally, I think the top option is more likely. And thats the ONLY reason I'm not asking for my money back. If I do end up with a solid stainless tube, clearly there are a limited run available, and that has good things to say for any future resale of the item. So I'm holding out for a little bit longer. Little bit being the key phrase.

And NO... there are no other vendors (that I'm aware of... and I've hunted) selling the stainless steel (that's been confusing, since some of the vendors in the UK were calling the silver powedercoat ones 'steel' when they sold them). And to my knowledge, noone in the states or outside of china has actually received one of these solid stainless models. If anyone has any info to the contrary, I'd love to hear it. I suppose its possible that apollo has seen a test model, but I'm not sure about that.

I can tell you that if I end up receiving a copper body coated in chrome, or a silver powdercoat, I will raise holy bloody heck until I get my money refunded, and some sort of compensation for the 2+ mos I waited. But honestly, I think the most likely scenario is that apollo got in there with the vendor, and between them they decided to make some solid stainless ones, but that somewhere in the process, lrider decided that they won't be doing any more in the solid stainless than just meeting this existing order with apollo. I wouldn't be waiting still if that didn't seem likely. I know enough about the manufacturing process in general that that seems like a likely scenario, but by no means am I positive.

Last edited:

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Yeah, see that's the thing. If they've never been making them in solid stainless, then that's flat out fraud, and I just don't see that as likely as Lrider trying something new for one vendor, and deciding never ever to do it again, because its too costly or time consuming. And btw, we still don't know if that photo is the chrome or the steel. It sure looks like chrome to me, but I'm not very well informed about metals. I've seen stainless buffed to a high shine before, so it could be steel... who knows. Plus, as much hassle as we've all been through... think of Apollo. You know there are serious conversations taking place between lrider and apollo at every one of these delays, and I just tend to think that if the stainless didn't exist, flat out, that apollo would have gotten to the bottom of that by now, and we'd all have refunds, or a partial refund and an order placed for powdercoat or chrome. I dunno... I just don't buy that apollo has thousands upon thousands of dollars in preorders on these, and wouldn't be aware something was hinky by now if the stainless didn't exist. Make sense?

Bmays

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I agree dlsw, I never ordered a LT of ANY color simply because I was not "sold" on the build quality from the get go. I seen tons popping up in the classies saying "just received it today" and so forth......

So....I figured I'd take a chance with this stainless model. Like most of you, I'm still waiting and prob will continue to wait until I receive mine or we find out otherwise.

If its NOT stainless, Its for sure making a trip back to Apollo!!

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
I'm so happy I got out of that train wreck.

I ordered a SS Vtube two weeks ago as my first VV Mod.

After reading (and chatting with their rep) that another delay past 4/15 was likely I just cancelled that thing.

Money's back, contacted notcigs for a Infinity Pro but they won't be on stock for a couple of weeks.

Since I'm tired of using an EGO-C (which was ok for a first device) >>> got a Provari V2.

Maybe I'll get a Buzz Pro later on, when the blue one is back on stock. But for now I'm happy.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Omg, yeah, dhomes... I'd be in one of those gorgeous Provari's with the new diamond silver finish in two seconds if I could afford it. I'm in the LavaTube and Vision Tox because I need a few devices, and provari is out of my price range. But I'd say you'd be incredibly satisfied with that purchase.

and I agree with all of you... I have ZERO interest in the chrome. But that copper (and how cool that it was us making requests that got that thing into production!) does look interesting. Has anyone tried to switch their order from stainless to copper? Or has anyone gotten a date on copper delivery? I like the looks of the copper, but am wondering about the coating. Only thing with plain copper is when they start to age, they look beautiful, but they can make your hands kinda black from handling. I'm assuming that they've created some sort of copper alloy to add to the strength of regular copper, but anyone who has any details on the copper, I'm all ears. ;)

Notice they switched the stainless from a run of 500 to one of 1000. Interesting. But yeah, based on all of that, I'm thinking the stainless is actually out there, we just don't have it in our paws, yet. lol

And dhomes... when you say 'another delay past 4/15 is likely' you mean further out than 4/15? Oh that would irk me to no end!

Last edited:

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
On the other thread LINK It looks as if things are going according to plan. I still have doubts this will ever be worthy of collectors edition:D stainless or no stainless.

I followed the link but didn't see anything about the date being pushed back. I doubt that it ever becomes a collector's item, either...

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Oh no, I dont' think it'll be a collectors thing, at all. But I bet if I decide to sell it, I've got a good chance of the stainless selling, whereas I'd have to pay someone to take the black (exaggeration, but you'd practically have to give it away because vendors are selling them so cheap).

Bmays

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm so happy I got out of that train wreck.

Kudos to you for getting the provari. I must admit, The price $159 for the provari mini was not all that much more than this ss version and I almost went for it myself.

I'm personally gonna ride this train a little longer simply because I know as soon as I pull out the Tubes will start shipping:facepalm:,

I also ordered an Orion V2 with rebuild-able atty and I actually hope I fall in love with that and may wind up selling this SS Tube??

I must say my only "fear" is that the stainless steel will be paper thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread