• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Stainless Steel Mesh - Metal Poisoning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaVsy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2012
A Freeworld
just some sharing

ASM Material Data Sheet ---> T304

ASM Material Data Sheet ---> T316

And they contain all of this materials, but they contain low amount
Chromium as hexavalent Cr(VI)
Nickel – nickel salts are carcinogenic
Copper – copper toxicity
Zinc - zinc toxicity
Iron – iron poisoning
but im not too sure on prolong usage

T304 and T316 are suppose to be the "safer bet"

this are the only 2 grade of metals application used on
[SIZE=-1]T31[SIZE=-1]6 [/SIZE]Applications: food and pharmaceutical processing equipment, marine exterior trim, surgical implants, and industrial equipment that handles the corrosive process chemicals used to produce inks, rayons, photographic chemicals, paper, textiles, bleaches, and rubber.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]T30[SIZE=-1]4 [/SIZE]Applications: beer kegs, bellows, chemical equipment, coal hopper linings, cooking equipment, cooling coils, cryogenic vessels, dairy equipment, evaporators, flatware utensils, feedwater tubing, flexible metal hose, food processing equipment, hospital surgical equipment, hypodermic needles, kitchen sinks, marine equipment and fasteners, nuclear vessels, oil well filter screens, refrigeration equipment, paper industry, pots and pans, pressure vessels, sanitary fittings, valves, shipping drums, spinning, still tubes, textile dyeing equipment, tubing.[/SIZE]

SO guys be careful of the grade, when buying from local hardware store.

Last edited:

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
You will know it if they are bad for you. Symptoms like vomiting, headaches, dizzness, stomach upset.. etc will occur. Metal poisoning and allergies are more common in dental braces, jewellery and aquariums.

Using metal meshes isn't new, 510 atties have them wrapped around the fibreglass wick. No reported side effects. Just have to watch out for the quality of the meshes you are using. Pay extra attention to the lead and nickel content. A simple test for nickel allergy can be done by rubbing the metal on your skin.

Vaping is a relatively new industry with little elaborate clinical tests. Most part of it are trial and error by the users. Good to be cautious so that the anti-vape organizations will have one less reason to penalize us.

Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
Up North
If u guys replacing analogs with e cigg than by all means try to quit totally. Lots of people who smokes says that nicotine patches, gums....etc does not work in helping to quit smoking but than make an excuse that vaping is the only way to quit analogs. Than why don't you quit after vaping, isn't it bull.... excuses not to quit smoking.......LOL Wahahaha......
Anything alien introduced to your body means its dangerous to your health. So if u guys scared of the consequences than quitting is the answer and best solution. It's all in the mind and if your mind says you can't quit than face the consequences and smokes all your life. My uncle is 80 years old and still alive and kicking smoking analogs all his life. Ask this question....do you wanna live untill 80yrs old? For me hell no, I'm targeting minimum maybe 65.

Currynoah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yeah... A stainless steel mod thrown to the head will most definitely land a person in the hospital as well. So to all the noobs (including myself!!) Please do a thorough research before buying what you think is safe for yourself.

For Example: How vaping sillica wicks and stainless steel wicks can be more dangerous than say, a stick of analog with 3000 (That's being generous!) over chemicals?

If I wanna get ...., I would advice noobs (including myself, again!) to read up on the dangers of burnt filler in cartos. That would really help, since most of us started from that direction.

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
Emphasizing on benefits of vaping over smoking is a positive thing to do. Encouraging irresponsible vaping habits is not.

As ex-smokers, vaping vs smoking is a comparison which will naturally spring to our mind but that should not be the focus. We all know very well why we've made the switch. The wiser choice is undoubtedly obvious.

It is a privilege and god sent gift that we've come to know about vaping to improve the quality of our lives over many people who are still on cig. But never fall into complacency and take it for granted.

There's a worldwide struggle for the right to vape and any small or big negative incidents can be used by the anti-vape giants and media to use as a tool against us. Don't let them have the slightest chance.

How we can help and contribute to the development on a personal level is by having and promoting good practices to keep the vaping community moving in the right direction.

Currynoah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Emphasizing on benefits of vaping over smoking is a positive thing to do. Encouraging irresponsible vaping habits is not.

As ex-smokers, vaping vs smoking is a comparison which will naturally spring to our mind but that should not be the focus. We all know very well why we've made the switch. The wiser choice is undoubtedly obvious.

It is a privilege and god sent gift that we've come to know about vaping to improve the quality of our lives over many people who are still on cig. But never fall into complacency and take it for granted.

There's a worldwide struggle for the right to vape and any small or big negative incidents can be used by the anti-vape giants and media to use as a tool against us. Don't let them have the slightest chance.

How we can help and contribute to the development on a personal level is by having and promoting good practices to keep the vaping community moving in the right direction.

By encouraging reading up is a form of promoting good practices, no? :D

Currynoah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
No la... We are vets only because we started earlier... Not because of our knowledge. In this day and age, knowledge is power. Hence I always ask our new friends to read up. A new ECF member can have more knowledge than me if he read up more, or if he has more electronic/electrical experience or if he is more hands on.

The pace of Ecigs have advanced @ a tremendous pace. So much so, it has rendered yesterday's technology redundant.

Type so much, I'm beginning to sound like my late grandmother.

Remember! SG Vapers is only an itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot in ECF. We should go out the main forums and read up. I may sound like my late grandmother to our new vaper friends. But when excrement happens (Like mod blowing up in the face, nicotine poisoning, burnt lips, burnt fingers, burnt juice poisoning, over inhalation of butter flavors), the only thing that can save us, is our knowledge. Just my 2 little leg hair.

kumkum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
kumkum land
Aluminium pots and pans leech and yet we use them everyday in our cooking.

Teflon coated pans, rice cookers with after a few wash they start peeling and yet we continue to use them.

We are being poisoned everyday.

Seriously, if we are going to be afraid of everything it best we don't cross the road in front of our house. Accident may happen. Better stay in the house.

But wait ! staying in the house also has risk. the ceiling concrete may fall on our head :blink:

Be easy on yourself and enjoy life a bit

Currynoah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aluminium pots and pans leech and yet we use them everyday in our cooking.

Teflon coated pans, rice cookers with after a few wash they start peeling and yet we continue to use them.

We are being poisoned everyday.

Seriously, if we are going to be afraid of everything it best we don't cross the road in front of our house. Accident may happen. Better stay in the house.

But wait ! staying in the house also has risk. the ceiling concrete may fall on our head :blink:

Be easy on yourself and enjoy life a bit

Precisely. Haven't even talk about our drinking water yet. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread