Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So, the Uwell Crown has stainless steel coils with a recommended wattage range. So why do some tc mods offer a stainless steel setting?
Fairly new to temperature control, but I thought power and tc were mutually exclusive.
What gives?
Any and all feedback is appreciated

1: Why do tc mods offer a stainless steel setting:
So that you can run steel in tc mode.

2: The wattage range printed on the coil is basically the wattage range corresponding to the right temperature.

If you run a coil at the recommended wattage,
- in wattage mode, when the wick goes dry, the coil will get red hot
- in tc mode, when the wick goes dry, the mod reduces power so as not to burn the wick.

A tiny little coil inside a BLU can only take a tiny amount of power.
A big fat octocoil takes a lot of power; printing the recommended wattage on the coil is just so you know whether to bother buying the coil or not; for example, if you have a 30 watt mod, no point buying tfv4 120 watt coils; doesn't matter if they are steel or nickel or whatever.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
So, the Uwell Crown has stainless steel coils with a recommended wattage range. So why do some tc mods offer a stainless steel setting?
Fairly new to temperature control, but I thought power and tc were mutually exclusive.
What gives?
Any and all feedback is appreciated
I would use SS in either power or TC mode.

aceman3330

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2014
Nakhonsithammarat, Thailand
The problem is with the Uwell Crown, guys. even though it "says" ss but the leg of the wiring, if I'm not mistaken, is not ss. That would throw tc in most mods off.
But it works really great in vw, as I've found out. And out of so many mods I have, the only one that works with the Crown tank using SS TC is the KBOX200.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aceman3330

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2014
BTW, actually, come to think of it, it even says on the box's sleeve. TC is the Ni200. Which means SSs are not.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457939342.875438.jpg

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
I run it in both, almost wish they'd give up on Titanium, Nickel and Kanthal altogether since most new mods are capable of temperature control, how many times do newbies accidentally run Ni/Ti in wattage mode without knowing better, if all tc mods sold with tanks came with SS316L coils it wouldn't be a problem.

SS316L is all I use now...

Reactions: TheJakeBailey

Sweeris

Mar 10, 2016
Bangkok, Thailand
I run it in both, almost wish they'd give up on Titanium, Nickel and Kanthal altogether since most new mods are capable of temperature control, how many times do newbies accidentally run Ni/Ti in wattage mode without knowing better, if all tc mods sold with tanks came with SS316L coils it wouldn't be a problem.

SS316L is all I use now...

I've accidently ran wattage when I first started. Did that for about half a day and was wondering why there was either no vapour or very hot vapour and nothing in between. Luckly I didnt burn the wick as I was still learning to vape and only did short hits.

I am gonna try SS coil in tc mode see how that goes. I think SS coil is ok in both vw and tc.

bekka

Verified Member
Mar 19, 2015
Tulsa, OK
Too bad I, and many others, don't have the Hohm Wrecker G2. But I'm trying very hard to get my hands on at least one, if not two.

I bought mine from Vapercube. They had a discount (I think 5%) and I got really good service from them. They shipped really fast and if I remember correctly I was also able to get free shipping.

They aren't the prettiest Box Mod I have (or have seen) but I have been really pleased with it so far. Just so you know the Red G2's are kind of an orangish red.

Reactions: Romano Cheese

aceman3330

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2014
I bought mine from Vapercube. They had a discount (I think 5%) and I got really good service from them. They shipped really fast and if I remember correctly I was also able to get free shipping.

They aren't the prettiest Box Mod I have (or have seen) but I have been really pleased with it so far. Just so you know the Red G2's are kind of an orangish red.
Unfortunately, I live in one of a dark, shadowy country that the only way I can get any gears are from the merchants and if they're not interested in something, then we probably wouldn't be able to get it.
That is, unless I go abroad to, let's say some vape fair, and happen to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread