Stainless steel Vamo spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Hello, I am waiting for my ss Vamo to arrive and I need some help to understand more about the spring issue. Some people know and I'm just repeating this. The spring that comes in the mod has some resistance which in my understanding apart from having a hot bottom cap, will diminish battery life. Normally if I would live in the US I guess it would be an easy fix, just to buy a replacement from the number of vendors that sell better ones but as I live in Europe I haven't managed to find it anywhere so I am trying to find a solution to replace it also. I already posted in the wanted section in the Classifieds .
My main question is what material is this Vamo spring made from? I suppose the replacement spring from avidvaper for example is copper which is the best option but I can't find it for a reasonable price anywhere. Any suggestions for alternatives, so that I know what I should look for in ebay or the local market?
This table shows resistance's for diferent materials and if the original Vamo spring turns out to be stainless steel perphaps I could buy these iron springs that I found, which would definitively be a decrease in resistivity but I need your opinion on it. However if the original spring is just steel then the iron spring will not be a good option obviously. There are a couple of issues I am asking about but all suggestions in any of them is appreciated.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Just get the one from Avid posted across. Actually get two or three because then the postage is a smaller percentage of the cost.

There is a reason these are the perfect springs - they have low resistance, collapse gently if current overloaded and can be re-set to the correct length when cool, and pop fast in the event of a high current event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread