Stainless Steel vs. Chrome Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJAMiller

Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Florida
Hey guys so some of you may have seen my other thread, thanks to you guys I've decided on the Vamo. Now I'm just trying to decide on the stainless steel or the chrome finish. A couple of you have said the stainless steel holds up better, my only question is how does the stainless steel look with the Kanger Protank? Is the color far off from the Protanks chrome? I know I'm being ...., I'm weird sometimes lol.

RTYPE11

May 28, 2013
TORONTO
please dont get .... with your vamo, its not covered under warranty. lol sorry.
stainless steel - is a brushed finish which might be less slippery, so less chance of dropping
the chrome finish will show off fingerprints more readily and may dicolor from contact over time depending on how well it is coated.
I presume all these parts are electroplated rather than dipped so the tougher of the finishes or materials would be the stainless.
chrome means its a coating on a dissimilar substrate and stainless implies its the material itself.
if i am incorrect its due in part to how the products are marketed/advertised/presented.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
please dont get .... with your vamo, its not covered under warranty. lol sorry.
stainless steel - is a brushed finish which might be less slippery, so less chance of dropping
the chrome finish will show off fingerprints more readily and may dicolor from contact over time depending on how well it is coated.
I presume all these parts are electroplated rather than dipped so the tougher of the finishes or materials would be the stainless.
chrome means its a coating on a dissimilar substrate and stainless implies its the material itself.
if i am incorrect its due in part to how the products are marketed/advertised/presented.

Um no I have the stainless steel one it is POLISHED stainless and is SUPER slippery. I had to wind rubber bands around mine to give me some grip.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Hey guys so some of you may have seen my other thread, thanks to you guys I've decided on the Vamo. Now I'm just trying to decide on the stainless steel or the chrome finish. A couple of you have said the stainless steel holds up better, my only question is how does the stainless steel look with the Kanger Protank? Is the color far off from the Protanks chrome? I know I'm being ...., I'm weird sometimes lol.

Here's my SS Vamo with the Protank.

upZvAr6.jpg

The two go together like bacon and eggs. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread