Standardized Recipes! *This is how we do it!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

VM☺☺

Apr 19, 2013
Millis, MA, USA
First, get the e-juice-me-up e-juice calculator. eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

Then, get familiar with it.

Then, post your UNIQUE concoctions.

Like these:

CC Cordal.jpg
Baked Apple.jpg
Continuous Comment.jpg

Well, unfortunately, our forum gods, in all their glorious wisdom, have chosen to reduce file size so we can't see what we're doing!

For now, use www.photobucket.com or another host to display your recipes properly. Like this:

Continuous%20Comment.JPG

CC%20Cordial.JPG

Baked%20Apple.JPG

Enjoy and have fun! :D
-VM

Last edited:

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
Would be nice if everyone followed that but it's not going to happen unless the powers that be make it official. That would rule out too many other calcs though. So I think we would all be happy if people used percentages and vendor initials.

I do that for my own sake, makes it easier to replicate a good mix, and tweak one that is not so great. I haven't come up with anything so great that I would share, but if I do, at least people will know where the flavor(s) came from and be able to mix different size batches with some accuracy.

ianferrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
maumelle, ar
www.diyrecipebook.com
Another option for standard recipe posting is once you've entered the recipe on my site, click the 'BB Code' button. Then just paste it on any web forum that supports BB Code (which is most forums I've ever run across). You end up with The flavor, the flavor line code (i.e. TFA or CAP), the percentages and a link to the recipe so other people can just mix it with out having to type the recipe into a calculator themselves.

Heres an example that was posted today:

1. Turkish Blended tobacco (H): 6%
  2. Cinnamon Danish (TPA/TFA): 3%
  3. Graham Cracker (TPA/TFA): 3%
  4. Cherry (LO): 2%
  5. Almond (FA): 1%
Boba's Clone on DiyRecipeBook.com

neofelis

Oct 24, 2011
Australia
You dont need to use photobucket you can just use www.imgur.com if you wish to upload pics.

one thing that has to be done is; USE PERCENTAGES ONLY! This DIY section is turning to rat .... because users don't follow the only fool proof way.

I don't want to read 1 drop of this and half a drop of this. Every dropper is different and some cheap pipettes can make drops which are really 2 drops. Also don't use ML amounts only percentages.

So going forward: No more saying "I use a 6ml bottle and use 1 drop of this and 1.2ml of this" Percentages only.

Last edited:

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yes, of course, right away mein Fuhrer. :lol:

You dont need to use photobucket you can just use www.imgur.com if you wish to upload pics.

one thing that has to be done is; USE PERCENTAGES ONLY! This DIY section is turning to rat .... because users don't follow the only fool proof way.

I don't want to read 1 drop of this and half a drop of this. Every dropper is different and some cheap pipettes can make drops which are really 2 drops. Also don't use ML amounts only percentages.

So going forward: No more saying "I use a 6ml bottle and use 1 drop of this and 1.2ml of this" Percentages only.

JigsawMom

Apr 28, 2013
PA, USA
I see several different opinions on how folks would like the ingredients to be expressed. As a recent DIYer, I'll add my two cents and say that I far prefer using mls than drops or percentages. To me, that is easier and more accurate, and alot more helpful for beginners as well as those not inclined to figure out percentages, etc.! Just sayin'! The calculator is a big help, but just typing in the ingredient and measurements is also sufficient. I do agree the manufacturer's name would be helpful, since there is such variation in flavors. Keep in mind also that people have different learning styles and come at things from different perspectives, and since we want to welcome all vapers it might be wise to try to accomodate those differences!

Yail Bloor

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I wish that calculator would get ported to an iPad app. Can't remember last time I was on a computer.

Liquix E-Liquid Calculator and Manager

Absolutely awesome app, very well laid out, good looking, easy interface. Keeps track of basic ingredients, flavors and recipes. I would recommend backing up your "keeper" recipes though -my app crashed a while back and I lost everything. Now I keep a text document record of all my favorites. That unfortunate incident aside, I'm still using this app and I love it!

Uno mas

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
San Antonio, TX
I see several different opinions on how folks would like the ingredients to be expressed. As a recent DIYer, I'll add my two cents and say that I far prefer using mls than drops or percentages. To me, that is easier and more accurate, and alot more helpful for beginners as well as those not inclined to figure out percentages, etc.! Just sayin'! The calculator is a big help, but just typing in the ingredient and measurements is also sufficient. I do agree the manufacturer's name would be helpful, since there is such variation in flavors. Keep in mind also that people have different learning styles and come at things from different perspectives, and since we want to welcome all vapers it might be wise to try to accomodate those differences!

When percentages are used for flavoring amounts any person can duplicate that exact recipe regardless of the desired volume of finished product. Say I list Lemon (TFA) 8% all you would then need to do is plug in that percentage for that flavoring in the calculator and it doesn't matter whether I mixed up a 5ml or a 120ml batch, it's all relative ;) If flavor amounts are given in ml then you would need to know exactly what the finished volume was to be able to duplicate it, then in turn you'd still need to turn it into a percentage to scale it up or down, much easier and less chance for math errors using percentages. The calculator gives you the necessary number of milliliters for the flavoring based on final volume...

As an example:

Total flavoring 18%

Peach (Juicy) (TFA) 7%
Honeysuckle (TFA) 8%
Cinnamon (Natural) (TFA) 1%
Ethyl Maltol 10% diluted (TFA) 2%

Base of your choice (8mg/ml Nic 60PG/40VG typically now for my mixes)

This is all you need to exactly duplicate this recipe, hope this helps :)

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Well, I'm about as noob as it gets. Only been Vaping 8 months and just got my DIY stuff last week - more coming :laugh:
From my point of view, percent is the absolute simplest way to replicate. No matter the batch size 8% is 8%.
There are way to many good calculators out for anyone not to learn to use one. Many are dead simple.
I grabbed eJuiceMeUp and love its simplicity.
Only short fall I see is once reaching Expert levels with 5+ flavors going in the mix.

Drops are sooooooo subjective it isn't funny. Everyone uses different bottles, pipettes, dropper types to the point one drop from X might be 8 drops from Y :glare:

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yes I agree only flavor percentage is need. PG/VG ratio and Nic strength is a user preference.
The drop method should be avoided due to variation of the liquid consistency and dropper size.
An easy way to post a recipe would be to post the *.rec file and copy it to the folder of the eJuice Me Up folder. I'm just saying. It's my opinion and to each his own.. My name is breaktru and I approve this message.

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
Another option for standard recipe posting is once you've entered the recipe on my site, click the 'BB Code' button. Then just paste it on any web forum that supports BB Code (which is most forums I've ever run across). You end up with The flavor, the flavor line code (i.e. TFA or CAP), the percentages and a link to the recipe so other people can just mix it with out having to type the recipe into a calculator themselves.

Heres an example that was posted today:

1. Turkish Blended Tobacco (H): 6%
  2. Cinnamon Danish (TPA/TFA): 3%
  3. Graham Cracker (TPA/TFA): 3%
  4. Cherry (LO): 2%
  5. Almond (FA): 1%
Boba's Clone on DiyRecipeBook.com

Agree with Flavor/Vendor/% but , who is (H) vendor?

Here is my example:

Last edited:

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
When percentages are used for flavoring amounts any person can duplicate that exact recipe regardless of the desired volume of finished product. Say I list Lemon (TFA) 8% all you would then need to do is plug in that percentage for that flavoring in the calculator and it doesn't matter whether I mixed up a 5ml or a 120ml batch, it's all relative ;) If flavor amounts are given in ml then you would need to know exactly what the finished volume was to be able to duplicate it, then in turn you'd still need to turn it into a percentage to scale it up or down, much easier and less chance for math errors using percentages. The calculator gives you the necessary number of milliliters for the flavoring based on final volume...

As an example:

Total flavoring 18%

Peach (Juicy) (TFA) 7%
Honeysuckle (TFA) 8%
Cinnamon (Natural) (TFA) 1%
Ethyl Maltol 10% diluted (TFA) 2%

Base of your choice (8mg/ml Nic 60PG/40VG typically now for my mixes)

This is all you need to exactly duplicate this recipe, hope this helps :)

Is this real and if so, you have a name for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread