• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Stardust/CE4+ Cartomizers? In Korea, and decently priced, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
I was reading around the forums about the Gotvapes Stardust/CE4+ Clear cartomizers... and I saw something that Gotvapes ordered a few thousand and a Korean company ordered tens of thousands... So after some hard-... searching, I think I found them... and they're not insanely priced like everything else in Korea...

Actually they're 10,000 won each! And a pack of 5 comes with a free 650mAh battery and USB charger! Holy crap!

I had to borrow my girlfriend's ID to register, as my Waygook ID didn't work. I'm ordering them tonight. I'll post a review to this thread after I get them (and again after I use them for a few days).

I've had terrible luck anytime I strayed from my dual cartos (damn Gotvapes always dropping bombs! ^^) but these look like the shiznit. And even if they suck, I'll have a battery and charger, still...

Ah, the site address: °¡Á·ÀÇ ÇູÀº °Ç°­ÀÔ´Ï´Ù.::¿¡´ÏÄÚ::

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
10,000 won... most foreigners in Korea just say "10 bucks" cause it's roughly equivalent... and yup, 10K a carto... but a 5-pack (50K) comes with a free battery. I ordered late last night and I guess I'm lucky to live not far from Uijongbu (where their office is)... the tracking info says it's arrived at my house already... One hour until I get off work...

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
Well, they didn't actually arrive last night. Early this morning. I've been playing with them all day. They definitely seem to be the real deal... though the battery is some kind of low-quality eGo knockoff. The 650mAh is about 5mm longer than my genuine eGo-T batteries, the button is soft rubber with an orange LED, and the battery connection is a bit off... but strangely allows more air through than a usual battery, which actually works quite well with the CE4+. It's free, so no complaints. The CE4+'s themselves seem to have some primer fluid or some off taste, as they seem to take quite a bit of work to break in and the flavor isn't quite what I expected (less than some CE2's I think) but the more I use it, the more flavorful it is. No leaks and easy as heck to fill... even if it isn't a genuine CE4+, it certainly kicks some .... I'm hoping it's still kicking ... in a week or a month.

I tried some cartos after that... I don't think I can go back... which sucks, cause I've got 25 on order from China and a box with 20 or so... Heh. Oh well.

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
BTW, they also have the CE4+ in a 901 threading. I think its meant for VGo-style batts, of which I also have a few...

Considering the CE+ is priced at about $8 from Gotvapes - and they're out of stock, it's not a bad price. When Gotvapes gets them back in stock, I might order some more from them just to save a few bucks... and to be honest, only certain flavors seem to hit well in them. I noticed my flavor mixes (I usually add menthol or mint to my RY4, Peach, and Raspberry) need a lot less mint or the flavor gets lost...

I think I'll not give up on my dual coils just yet... esp. since the tank mod lets me carry around 5mL while the CE4 is only 2mL and seems to burn up faster. I hate refilling on the road. But I've been puffing on them all weekend and I am really impressed. I've used other CE2/CE3-based stuff and I liked the flavor but I got too many other problems from them. I also tried the eGo-T and it was a lost cause. The CE4+ is the best non-cart way to vape outside.

I had to google your WoW you keep mentioning. A 5V battery that isn't too expensive or ugly? Interesting. Not sure if the CE4+ would stand up to 5V (I've only used regular batteries) but it would sit nicely on top.

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
Oh jeepers. Quick note about the batteries from that store. The center contact is weird, too. It doesn't make contact with the majority of my other cartomizers. Some yes, some no. It seems to be recessed a lot more than even other imitation eGo batteries I have. Can't complain too much. It was free, after all.

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
OK, I don't know who's paying attention... but this company has gone a bit mad. Now the single CE4+ cartos (which they call "Echo") are on for 7,000 won apiece for the 510 fitting (although actually it's for the ego). By the way, Gotvapes is listing their stardust for $5.95 currently (but sold out)... so after the conversion, it's just 28 cents more expensive. Lol. Since when was anything in Korea comparable to US prices?

And the 808 fitting one (808D/901), more likely meant for Vgo/Echo batteries... is only 3,500 won. Lolz. I've got some Korean-branded Vgos. I'll check it out... I've thrown money away on worse (eGo-T, I'm looking at you).

Before going on, check out Gotvapes Stardust: Advanced Cleaning - YouTube - how to clean the Stardust.

I've been using these for a week and I've already pulled apart 3 of them to give them a good clean and a dry burn. Mostly for the hell of it, one was under-performing but still better than my CE-2s. The first time pulling them apart, one was so stubborn that it ripped a battery apart. So, I put together a bunch of 505-505 and ego-505 adapters and used that instead. That seems a safer way. Also, had to remove the cap that covers the wick with a pair of surgical tweezers... and then gently hammer the inner post to loosen it up a bit before using my adapters to pull it out and vice-crimps on the adapters... That worked pretty well. The first time to take them apart was tough but I think this is the first CE-based anything that might prove to be a "forever" cartomizer. Seriously, these things are built well enough to last forever and they're so damn easy to clean (after the first time, anyway)...

But they still need a bit of modding. The hood fits so snugly on the screw threading that I used a file to create air vents in it. Others have used drills or whatever but... anyway. It's a one of the best tanks I've used. I wish I knew what resistance I'm using (no ohm meter)...

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
Another small update. I've put 2 of these into heavy circulation and through several cleaning cycles... they've developed hairline cracks in the tank casing - probably from the impact of the hammering I mentioned previously... not a problem I hope. I'm still impressed they've had 30ml or so through each (interspersed with 5-6 dry-burn-cleanings) and still going strong after 5 weeks. The inner O-ring had to be replaced (with a sliver cut from a dual carto-condom). One leaks a bit through the center... probably just me being too diligent about the wicking... But I'm still very impressed with them.

I don't recommend the 808 model for 901 style batteries like the Vgo... there seems to be no way to get air through them unless you use an adapter or something... it might just be my odd batteries...

LukeTheDuke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
midwest Illinois
Yeah I second robbie, you pop that lower metal collar off and the guts come out easy... Super easy

I must say I caint believe the $$ vendors are making off these things, not that I mind but do a lil math

100 units minimum order 2$-2.50 some places over there are less
So 100= 250$ or so,
Sell those units for a 300% markup...

Last edited by a moderator:

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
I doubt the metal collar has anything to do with the glue that fixes the base of the atomizer inside the plastic cone... But I also have no way to say for sure as I've already got 5 in rotation now and 5 in backup and already modded. I still recommend using some 501 extenders in tandem... no point in risking a battery. If I didn't already say so, I pulled the guts out of 2 batteries using the battery to separate them. I haven't owned a soldering kit in 4 years... I do now.

Still loving my CE4+s. I want to buy more but I don't need them until the plastic cracks or the coils snap. These things are great!

PS. Many efforts on the 808/901 style... ugh... never stopped leaking and gurgling. Lost too much juice to bother trying again. I'll save those 2 for spare parts later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread