The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Volunteer to help with beta testing!

We’re working on getting the site updates ready, but we’ll need your help to check the changes, make sure everything makes sense to you, and report any issues you see. If you'd like to volunteer to help with beta testing, click the link below. The first 20 people to respond to this thread will be added to the team!

View thread
    Dismiss Notice

Stardust how long are yours lasting?

Discussion in 'MyVape' started by Pega, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Pega

Pega Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2011
    Budapest
    ...or how long did it take before it gave up the ghost?

Mine has lasted me for 9 days of moderate usage.

2. badkolo

badkolo ECF Guru ECF Veteran

i have one at 8 days(then popped at 4.2), one at 14 days today(still going), and 2 others that arent used as heavy as the others but used daily and still going strong for over 3 weeks now.

3. RockinRobbieSF

RockinRobbieSF Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    I bought six and they arrived a little over 2 weeks ago.

In those two weeks, I opened three (to swap different flavors) and, of those three, one has died (which I've resuscitated by re-wicking). I opened a fourth one but it's only about a week old. This means I have 2 unopened! Oh, this is all I've pretty much been using to vape in those two weeks.

I think 9 days seems short but there's always a big luck of the draw with any of these things.

4. burns_erin

burns_erin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2010
    The ArmPit of Texas
    I have only opened one. I use it everyday, at least three refills per day if not much more. I have cleaned it twice (?) And it is still going strong. Granted, I am using menthol mania which is just about the cleanest vaping juice of everything, and I stay pretty low voltage. Well worth the money IMHO.

5. robl45

robl45 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2010
    florida
    thats why i'm going back to menthol mint mix, wasn't my favorite vape, but it didn't destroy coils in 3 hours either.

6. Stef64

Stef64 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2011
    Michigan
    My first one lasted about 12 days and went through 3 cleanings. I've used it moderately between 3.7 and 4.5 volts.

7. robl45

robl45 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2010
    florida
    my first one probably lasted like 3 days or so, something happened with the coil, the other one is still going, but i been hammering it with this mollasses thick juice to get rid of it. i'm going to try to clean it today or tomorrow and get it ready for the new juice i'm getting.

8. Pega

Jul 22, 2011
    Budapest
    I would be curious as to which wick you used. Did you re-do the wiring as well?

9. RockinRobbieSF

Jan 6, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    I used a CE2 wick which is thinner but left it long so it runs down the side of the tank. I did rewire by re-using the old coil (unwind it and wrap it around the new wick) That's not something I recommend because it's so tiny, its hard to warp around the wick! I ordered some new wick and wire and will make a how-to video when it arrives.

10. burns_erin

Mar 22, 2010
    The ArmPit of Texas
    I am very much enjoying the mentholmania even though I wasn't a menthol smoker. And there is the added bonus that it's the only flavor hubby doesn't throw a sheet feet over my vaping in the house.

11. Briar

Briar Ultra Member ECF Veteran

My two are still working (I ordered on the first day, not sure how long ago that was), but they are both tasting burnt. I cleaned them both thoroughly, but they still taste burnt. It's not dry hits, they are both wicking just fine, just the taste... I noticed that the wicks are darkened even after cleaning. That's kinda of a problem for me, because the only juices I use are the darker VG-ish kind. I truly dislike both fruit and menthol. I guess I'll try taking it completely apart and cleaning that way - maybe that will help.

Maybe I'll have to learn to re-wick these guys. They still lasted long enough (moderate use) before burnt taste showed up to make it well, WELL, worth it, value-for-price-wise. Will order as many as I can possibly afford when they show up again.

12. burns_erin

Mar 22, 2010
    The ArmPit of Texas
    Try soaking them in peroxide over night. Put them in a sealed dark container (not clear) with the cart filled and the cart covered entirely. Shake lightly a few times over the course of the evening if you think about it. It has worked well with my visions when the wick tastes burnt, probably will for this too.

13. RockinRobbieSF

Jan 6, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    You are the Peroxide Queen!

14. Briar

Briar Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I bow to the wisdom of the Peroxide Queen! :D

Seriously, thanks, Erin, that sounds like a great idea, I'll do it. Hope it works, I'd love for my lovely Stardusts to live longer.

15. burns_erin

Mar 22, 2010
    The ArmPit of Texas
    The lowly bottle of peroxide is often forgotten. I use it for an absolute ton of cleaning projects because it is cheap, often works better than commercial products, and even if it doesn't work well can't usually harm anything. Oxygen is our friend!

16. lizblue

lizblue Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2011
    New York, NY
    Mine is going on like 3 weeks if not more. I would say its used moderately. I'm really happy with the Stardust for taste, durability, look... It rocks!

17. Pega

Jul 22, 2011
    Budapest
    can't wait, shoot me a pm when it's online if you remember. I would also be curious as to where you sourced your materials.

18. Big Screen D

Big Screen D Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    Georgia
    Wife has been using hers non-stop for 17 days now on unregulated eGo's. Only cleaned once, and still works perfectly with her 100PG 555 juice.

I've been using 3 in rotation for the same time frame on a VV mod vaping at 3.7-4.5v depending on juice and wicking. NEVER a problem with dry hits, but interestingly, 2 of my 3 tend to flood (not leak), if I tilt up to long with a near full tank. All thick dark juices either 60PG/40VG DIY chocolates, 100% VG Boba's Bounty, and one with another DIY 60PG/40VG DIY tobacco juice.

I much prefer the tendency to over-wick as this is much easier to work around than if I were getting dry hits. Now I know what the measuring lines are for LOL. Fill to line 5, and no flooding issues. Tilt just far enough to wet the tip of the wick, and perfect hit every time. Kinda like one handed dripping.

19. burns_erin

Mar 22, 2010
    The ArmPit of Texas
    Finally opened a second one. Not because the first went out, but because I was soaking the first last night and forgot to take it out to dry this morning, so I could dry burn it this afternoon. Got home and realized my pickle. Gonna let it dry, dry burn, and then resoak, since I dont want to take it apart. That should take care of any lingering crud under there.

20. ckim111

ckim111 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2009
    Where did you order the wick and wire from?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.