Stardust issue with dark juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

gumby007

Oct 6, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Hey guys quick question for you as I have searched and do not find anything else being mentioned about this. Trying to love the stardusts. While I love the convenience factor a friend and I have found that they fail with darker juices. I thought it was just me when I got my first one and filled it up with a darker juice of mine and got the harshest hit and pretty much zero vapor. So I dumped it rinsed it and filled with a different juice that is lighter in color but the same 50/50 ratio and it was fine. Tried again and the same thing. Friend tried hers with another vendors juice again, dark and got the same results as me. Has anyone else had this happen? I also found my juice does the same thing in a carto, but I never knew as I dripped it as the company I use has flavors that rock the atty, but I need convenience Hahah.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I've ran darker and lighter juices through mine, can't tell any difference in the way it vapes. The difference I do notice is darker and/or sweeter juices tend to gunk up the coil faster which means more frequent cleanings or shorter lifespan if you don't clean them but that's no different than with any other carto or atty.

gumby007

Oct 6, 2011
Tucson, AZ
I've ran darker and lighter juices through mine, can't tell any difference in the way it vapes. The difference I do notice is darker and/or sweeter juices tend to gunk up the coil faster which means more frequent cleanings or shorter lifespan if you don't clean them but that's no different than with any other carto or atty.
thanks for the reply, yes sweet dark juices do that for sure but these are not sweet juices just dark. It is a huge mystery to me as others that are lighter with the same ratio are fine. Hmmm Idk what the deal is.

harleydiva

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Southern Michigan
thanks for the reply, yes sweet dark juices do that for sure but these are not sweet juices just dark. It is a huge mystery to me as others that are lighter with the same ratio are fine. Hmmm Idk what the deal is.

Mine do that with sweet juices.....the basic explanation I have seen is they are carmelizing with the heat. I'm just keep vaping them till almost gone, then dump the last few drops and rinse out the Stardust. Non-sweet juices have not had the issue for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread