Starre Freemax - Flooding and spit back

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Can anyone tell me why the Starre Freemax is flooding and spitting back so badly? I am running 70VG/30PG juice through this and it's killing me. The spit back and flooding is killing me. Does anyone have similar issues with this? Does this tank need a higher VG ratio juice to make it work flawless? I've never had this issue in my Herakles, Atlantis, Arctic, Delta II, or Subtank Mini?

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Not trying to minimize your problem but they flood for the exact reasons any of them flood.

Flooding occurs when more liquid than can be vaporized is drawn into the head or condensation from the center tube / air tube / chimney settles into the head.
Too strong of an inhale, too restrictive air flow setting, under powering, gasket not sealing, over filling, changes in temperature & altitude.

Condensation usually spits & snaps and the most likely cause if it has been sitting unused for a while, like a couple hours or over night.
It is a good idea to keep inhaling for a second or two after letting off the fire button to clear air tube & occasionally dry the center / air tube with a twisted napkin or qtip to dry condensation.

I use mainly 50/50 and it has never caused any flooding in any delivery device, including the freemax.

Reactions: Ohm Gnome

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Looks like the stock coil it came with was bad. The coil even had the clear o-ring that goes around the base where it screws into the base.

I threw in an Atlantis coil and it worked flawlessly at 32watts. Weird.

I then threw in the .25 ohm coil it came with - working flawlessly. Something was off with the stock coil where it was just leaking and spitting all over. Blows my mind! Maybe Starre's QC department isn't up to par to other makers?

From now on I think I am only going to buy from well known makers. I've never had an issue with my Aspire tanks. All my other tanks I always found something wrong to shelve them.

Atlantis 2 - here I come.

I guess I can keep the freemax, throw on an adjustable air flow drip tip, throw in Atlantis 2 coils (when they come out) and have the Atlantis 2 tank pretty much?

freemaxfans

Unresolved Status
Aug 23, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Looks like the stock coil it came with was bad. The coil even had the clear o-ring that goes around the base where it screws into the base.

I threw in an Atlantis coil and it worked flawlessly at 32watts. Weird.

I then threw in the .25 ohm coil it came with - working flawlessly. Something was off with the stock coil where it was just leaking and spitting all over. Blows my mind! Maybe Starre's QC department isn't up to par to other makers?

From now on I think I am only going to buy from well known makers. I've never had an issue with my Aspire tanks. All my other tanks I always found something wrong to shelve them.

Atlantis 2 - here I come.

I guess I can keep the freemax, throw on an adjustable air flow drip tip, throw in Atlantis 2 coils (when they come out) and have the Atlantis 2 tank pretty much?

I guess a question that should be ask 1st............. Is this a Starre Pro tank or 1st Generation Starre V2.

Top fill or bottom fill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread