Started to get in to clouds, what's the best wire to hit 80 - 100 watts? (Dual coil)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
Reactions: Eskie

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
If you are going for high power then dual coils is probably what you want, but that's a personal preference either are possible. My advice, start with simple round wire builds, master those then move onto more exotic twisted or clapton wires.
For around 100 watts you could try dual 14 wrap 26AWG. Lots of surface area but reletively low mass.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
So at the minute i've got a Smok G320
Smok TFV8 Big Baby Beast with RBA deck
3 Sony VTC 6's,

Have £20.00 off at Lepititvapoteur, so i thought I'd see what they've got wire wise, found a few new ones I've never even heard of, Kanthal triple twisted - le petit vapoteur Flat Twisted Wire Demon Killer
Alien Wire Demon Killer
Interested in getting a build going with these, are they meant for dual coil though? Wouldn't have a clue how to measure these, @Eskie

Only way to measure those is with an ohm reader. I think you would break Steam Engine trying to calculate that one.:D

If you do get it, report back with your experience. As for whether they're meant for dual coil builds isn't really an issue. Anything can be used in single or dual coil builds so long as the resistance is in a safe range. The more complex the build (and that looks like a nice big amount of metal to heat) the more fussing getting the power to where you get the best result.

Reactions: Ragnar94

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
Only way to measure those is with an ohm reader. I think you would break Steam Engine trying to calculate that one.:D

If you do get it, report back with your experience. As for whether they're meant for dual coil builds isn't really an issue. Anything can be used in single or dual coil builds so long as the resistance is in a safe range. The more complex the build (and that looks like a nice big amount of metal to heat) the more fussing getting the power to where you get the best result.
Think i better get one of those... usually use my mod but just to be on the safe side i'll pick one up... any brand reccomendations guys?

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Your mod is good for now, but I like a 521 tab from Coilmaster. Affordable, nice solid surface to build on, and allows you to both test and dry burn your coil all on one platform. It also has some alligator clips you can use (not the most reliable I've played with, but fine for the price) to measure the resistance of a length of wire, which is handy when dealing with complex coils you just don't know how they will behave.

Reactions: Ragnar94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread