starting at 0mg liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Does smoking affect your anxiety? Nicotine has a calming affect on me. That being said, if your not a smoker, and you just want to enjoy vaping as a hobby, 0 Nic is the way to go. If you are trying to quit the coffin lid nails however, 3mg may be too low at first (depending on what you will be vaping it out of, in a dripper 3 can be plenty).
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I'd start with at least some nicotine in the juice buddy. Going cold turkey is a really good way to be miserable for quite awhile, I've been through withdrawal a few times. It's not fun. How much nicotine depends on how much you smoked a day and what kind of cigs (lights or something) I was a pack a day of king size a day so I went with 18mg juice. I'm supposed to be moving down but haven't gotten around to it yet lol .

Deja

Nov 18, 2014
Olympia, WA
You actually have 2 or 3 addictions and a habit to break free of, if you're trying to quit smoking. Everyone is different in what works best for them.... I do know a couple people that were successful going cold turkey. I tried it a few times and it is truly miserable. I also smoked an average of a pack a day of full strength menthols for about 36 years. This time, I'm breaking the addiction to smoking(not nicotine), my e-cig is the replacement for the habit, and I'll worry about the nicotine after I've been smoke-free for a while. Baby steps. I went the route of getting the highest mg juice possible, so I could be sure a nicotine craving wouldn't send me back over the edge. Again. It's working; I'm at 32 hours post-quit and have had NO craving.

So, my advice to you is to get the Quit Smoking problem solved first, and THEN worry about getting off nicotine!

Last edited:

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Medicinal herb isn't addictive of itself, even though the user can become addicted. Nicotine is addictive, so expect some withdrawal symptoms. If you are using a tank, I would suggest using a 12mg to start, in about a month, cut down to 6mg, then 3, then 0. Some people like to run a few tanks, one set up with a higher Nic level to appease any cravings, and some low Nic or 0 to casual vape on through the day.

Cigmund, you can increase your throat hit on low Nic by increasing the pg percentage of your juice. 0mg but higher pg will still have some TH, same with some flavors like citrus

Mala

Aug 18, 2012
Montreal, Canada
I'm on my third week without cancer sticks and I'm vaping about 6mg now and still decreasing the nicotine in my liquids.

I started off with 12mg nic juices and started mixing them with 0 nic one week in to start cutting down. This way, I haven't had any withdrawals and since I'm going slowly with the nicotine decreases, I really don't notice it at all. I hope to be down to 0 nicotine withing 1-2 weeks.

Good luck!

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Mandatory question.... Have you learned about ohms law and battery safety? Are you using a mechanical mod or a regulated device? You should think about also getting a tank of some type to fill with maybe a 12mg juice to fend off the cravings when they hit, cause they will.
Ohms law is really important, especially if you will be using a mechanical where no safety features are built in. You need to pay close attention to the amp draw your RDA build will be pulling, and know the limits of the battery you are using. Exceeding the amp rating of your battery can cause a catastrophic failure (read: Explode in your face).

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
I started with 0mg when i made the switch to Vaping, but there are draw backs.

First week will be tough, you will constantly vape, even more if you drink. So the best thing to do, is buy A LOT of cheap juice, 120ml or more of it. After about a week and a half youll vape less and less. And by end of 3rd week you wont even have the need to vape.
If you been smoking for many years, then youll still have the oral fixation where you need to perform an action that mimics smoking or vaping.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Well Im trying to quit cancer sticks, and nicotine in general because it can make it worse, but just going cold turkey?

Ah, you may want to start with a nic juice then work your way down. I've seen a lot of folks switch to vaping then decrease their nicotine level over time until they reach 0 nic. Starting with 0 nic might be as rough as "cold turkey" and cause anxiety (I have some anxiety issues of my own and just the idea of "cold turkey" could almost cause a panic attack).

6 is actually low. I quit smoking using a level between 9 and 12. Some need higher. Others, lower. 6 would be a good place to start then see where it goes.

And try to not put pressure on yourself to "quit" all at once. My smoking slowed way down the first week of vaping then slowly went to zero over about six weeks. But now I'm coming up on my two year "anniversary" since my last cig. Not everybody quits day one. Some of us have to experiment and try things a while before finding what works best for us.

I'm a big advocate of don't treat it as a "quit" thing. In my opinion, the key is find the kind of vaping you like and that will "pull" you away from tobacco. Especially when your sense of taste and smell return. Then you catch yourself going, "ohmigawd smoking is awful". :)

sarahhonald

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Marietta, GA
I would suggest getting some 0 and some 3mg. Then if one doesn't work you have the other.

I have anxiety. I used to chain smoke and now I vape constantly. Lol. But I don't find it makes stuff worse unless I nic myself out. And that's usually right before I go to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Everyone is different but if you're not looking for something harsh or something with a lot of nicotine 6 might be good for you if you can find it but usually 8 is as low as I see it.
Your device can also make the nicotine delivery different due to power and how hot it burns and going low COULD actually make you make you crave nicotine more.
But like I said, everyone is different and the best way to figure out which thing works for you is really just checking things out and seeing what you like the most!

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
I'm just gonna try 0mg first, cause I'm thinking it's the smoking I'm addicted to. I say this because I also use medicinal herbs, and im a huge fan of smoke tricks

Bad idea to use that "herb" if you have anxiety. Whenever I used to, it would send me into a full blown panic attack where I ended up at the ER.

Nic doesn't bother me that much in moderation. I don't drink caffeine, however. If I were you I would stay off that other s*it and just vape a low nic juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread