Starting vaping again arfter 2 years kr808D HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bones25

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
State of Texas
I have mostly kr808d gear

lots of man/auto short, med and long bats from Vapor 4 life
lil chuck with kr top 3.7 V MOD
lots of cool carts from Vapor4 life....don't know what ohm that is, mostly these are blanks
Ego t batts, with a couple of Ego T type Atomizers and the clear tanks
some various adapters and drip tips

I would like to use these for a while till I get my bearings again, then slowly move into the new tank systems, but would like to be able to re use any of my gear possible to save $.

Can I use any of the new tank systems on my Chuck? If so, what would I get?

Are the EGo T batts 3.2V?

Is a Riva 901 battery a 3.2 or 3.7 volt? Can I use these with the KR808D carts? Does anyone know what this is or is compatible with?

What is the difference between a clearomizer and carto tank? Can I use all my Kr808 cool carts BLANKs in any carto tank or which ones?

Thanks for all your help. Things have really changed with vaping in the last 2 years......I gave up mostly cuz too expensive to keep buying prefilled carts and too much hassle refilling all the time. I should have stuck with the Ego T tank systems back then, but my attys kept getting gunked up and I didn't know how to clean them properly.

Any help or advice is appreciated!

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Welcome back! You've got quite the museum of vaping going on there.

I think you can still get a few things for the kr808 threadings. I'm not sure I'd really go that way. I haven't used kr808 since I started (about 2 years ago), so im not sure what all is out there for them. The issue for me would be that there's just not as much variety available in the 808 delivery devices. Maybe just use the cartos you have for those and don't invest any more $ chasing a delivery device for those threadings? Hopefully someone else will come along who knows more about those.

Ego t should be 3.2V. You can get some low resistance cartos or lr heads for a protank kind of thing (kanger protank or evod, for example) that will give you a better hit for the lower voltages.

I think the riva is 3.7V, but im not sure. I don't think you can use the 808 cartos on a 901 thread. Not without an adapter. [edit- actually I think the threads are the same. Venting may be different?]

A clearomizer is a device that usually has wicks. I think most clearomizers have the atomizer on the top and wicks to deliver the juice up there. A carto tank has a carto with a hole or two in it, surrounded by a larger tank. The tank delivers juice to the carto through the hole(s).

Another option available now is something like the kanger protank. This has the atomizer at the bottom, with some wicks to deliver the juice. Most of these are going to be 510 threads, if I'm not mistaken.

My personal preference in order is 1) carto tank, 2) bottom atomizer tank like kanger protank 3) top atomizer tank like vivi nova

Lots of people are doing rebuildable atomizers these days. I haven't researched those at all yet.

Do your batteries still charge well after 2 years?

Last edited:

Walker843

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2013
Minneapolis, MN, USA
I have mostly kr808d gear

lots of man/auto short, med and long bats from Vapor 4 life
lil chuck with kr top 3.7 V MOD
lots of cool carts from Vapor4 life....don't know what ohm that is, mostly these are blanks
Ego t batts, with a couple of Ego T type Atomizers and the clear tanks
some various adapters and drip tips

I would like to use these for a while till I get my bearings again, then slowly move into the new tank systems, but would like to be able to re use any of my gear possible to save $.

Can I use any of the new tank systems on my Chuck? If so, what would I get?

Are the EGo T batts 3.2V?

Is a Riva 901 battery a 3.2 or 3.7 volt? Can I use these with the KR808D carts? Does anyone know what this is or is compatible with?

What is the difference between a clearomizer and carto tank? Can I use all my Kr808 cool carts BLANKs in any carto tank or which ones?

Thanks for all your help. Things have really changed with vaping in the last 2 years......I gave up mostly cuz too expensive to keep buying prefilled carts and too much hassle refilling all the time. I should have stuck with the Ego T tank systems back then, but my attys kept getting gunked up and I didn't know how to clean them properly.

Any help or advice is appreciated!

If your Chuck is 808, you can use tanks and clearomizers on your battery, provided they have the same thread. V4L has tanks and cartomizers on their web site. I don't know a lot about this lil Chuck battery, so to play it safe, you might want to stick to 2 or 3 ohm single coil cartomizers. V4L Cool Carts are 3.0 ohm single coil, and I believe are not for use in tanks but are refillable.

You can use 808 clearomizers and carts on a 901 threaded battery but not the other way around. There is no airflow if you put 901 cart on 808 battery. So yes, you can use your Riva with the 808 carts.

A clearomizer is similar to a tank, and may be considered a tank of sorts. The main difference is that it uses wicks to funnel liquid to the atomizer instead of a poly filled cart funneling the juice. I mainly use clearomizers for my 808 battery, and I get them from Vapor Kings.

If I am wrong on any of this, hopefully someone will correct me and we will both learn. :)

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
808 and 901 are the same threads. The differences between the 2 is mostly in how the air flow works to activate the automatic switch, and this only matters if your 808 automatics are "sealed".

For your manual batteries, any 808 or 901 equipment will work fine. 901 equipment will work on unsealed automatic 808 batteries, or on sealed batteries with some modification.

Any cartomizer can be used in a carto-tank. You just need to make sure to remove all paint, paper and/or glue from the exterior of the cartomizer and have some means to punch a hole in it.

If your Riva has eGo threads, you can used Smokeless Image's T3 designed for the vGo batteries.

If you do have sealed 808 automatics and decide to buy adapters, only order them from Mad Vapes. They're the only vendor I've found to carry the proper adapters for sealed batteries and they will work on unsealed batteries as well.

Good vendors to order 808 gear are Smokeless Image, V4L, SmokTek and NHaler.

If you liked the eGo-T system, the eGo-C works much better and is cheaper to maintain.

Good luck.

bones25

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
State of Texas
Thanks so much to those who have responded.

Are the Halo G6 mini tanks 808S? Are there any new clearomizers that will work with Ego T batts? Will the t3's work on them?

The Riva has 901 threads, so I don't think Vgo stuff will work, is that right?

I just want to get a few new things to work with my current gear and then figure out what NEW gear to get as I use it up the old stuff.

80% of my batts still work amazingly! My liquids are pretty dark.....how to know if they are gone bad?

Do I need Ego C batts for the Ego C or will the Ego T batts work? What is an Ego C and how is it easier to maintain?

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
The Halo mini tanks are 808. They're also known as Vision Nanos, and Smokeless Image sells them in 808 thread as well.

Other good clearomizers to check out are the M3, T4 and e-Smart clearos. All 3 have gotten decent reviews. The T4 is sold at V2 Cigs in 808 thread and are called VX Blanks.

Any 510 or eGo clearomizer will work on the eGo-T battery. You have the Kanger Pro Tank, T2, T3, Evod and Vision Vivi Nova, along with a literal crap ton of other options.

Unless your Riva has both inner and outer threads like the eGo then you can only use 808 threaded devices, unfortunately. Unless you want to use adapters.

Liquids are said to be good for about a year or two, depending on how they're stored and who you talk to. I'd play it safe and just toss it out. If you want some affordable liquid, check out Mt. Baker Vapor. While they're not to everyone's taste, they are the cheapest juice on the market right now and they have a huge selection of flavors. You can also get many clearomizers from them to try out, so it'll cut down on your overall shipping costs. Use code ECF for 10% off. ;)

The eGo-C is both a new battery and an atomizer system. The eGo-C atomizer will work on any eGo battery, including the eGo-T. It's essentially the same thing as the eGo-T atomizer, except that it comes in three pieces: the base, atomizer head and cone. When an atomizer burns out, you only have to replace the head instead of the whole unit. Cleaning is also much easier since you can take everything apart rather easily. If you liked the eGo-T in the past then you'll likely enjoy the eGo-C.

Good luck.

bones25

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
State of Texas
THANK U SO MUCH!!!!

I ordered an Ego C with 5 replaceable heads.....I have plenty of cartridges already... to try with the Ego batts.
I also ordered a couple of the smaller V4Life tanks and a few of the single coil 2.0 cartomizers to use in the tank.....gonna try these on the RIVA and maybe the newer (old) V4l batts I have and see if they work, possibly also will try on Chuck.
Also got an Ego Twist batt to use on the many cool carts I have to see if I can use them up with some of the new liquid since I can raise voltage on it. Ordered a mini vision nova also to try out a small clearomizer. Everything I got was 2.4ohm or less.....I was a little reluctant to go for LR like 1.5 or 1.8.....would prob be ok on Ego, but I feel since my equipment is old and I may need to use some adapters here and there possibly... I didn't want to risk something blowing up in my face. Gonna throw some liquids away. I've got some backwoods brew I ordered right before I quit that has never been opened and it is barely turning yellow so I'm gonna risk it.

I hope I ordered all the right stuff....about $100, total. Cigs cost me $8.50/pk and I'm up to ppd so thats about 2 wks worth. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread