Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
There are Rumblings that Connecticut might Fall.

And then there is this per kristin's Heads Up thread...

"As a state senator, I believe that legislative action can impact societal behavior, but I also know that when it comes to issues such as these, we need more than laws. We need to raise awareness and educate families and educators, equipping them with information and resources they need to discuss the dangers and health risks of vaping. Unfortunately, this is an area where Connecticut has fallen behind. While we are first in terms of cigarette taxes (at $4.35 per pack, we are tied with New York for the highest in the United States), we are last in tobacco control and prevention funding.

Tobacco companies have paid billions of dollars to state governments as part of the largest civil litigation settlement in U.S. history. Sadly, in Connecticut over the past 19 years, just more than 1 percent of those annual payments deposited into the Tobacco Settlement Fund have actually been spent in support of smoking cessation and education services. Instead, funding intended for tobacco control has been raided, cut, swept or redirected 79 times. Only $29.2 million has been spent on tobacco control since the fund was established in 2000, while $277 million has been redirected to non-tobacco-related programs."

Sen. Tony Hwang (opinion): A call to action on vaping

:facepalm:

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
San Juan Puerto Rico is considering a ban on e-cigarettes. it usually takes a while for the law to filter to the territories. But they sure was quick to jump on this bandwagon. Considering cigarettes cost $10 a pack that's a lot of tax money. Whatever New York does so does Puerto Rico . Usually. Sux I'm just going to keep moving on and wait to see what happens. But I know the inevitable is coming

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
I know that there are threads covering bans in individual states, but I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread which covers all state bans.

So far, I know of the temporary, but complete ban, in Massachusetts, and a flavor ban announced in Michigan, Washington state, and Rhode Island. The New York ban is not in effect yet, but will be on October 4, I believe. Not sure about the other three states.

If there are more states which I'm not aware of, please list them.

New York Bans Sale of Flavored E-cigarettes, the First State in the U.S. to Do So

Rhode Island Governor Bans Sales Of Flavored Vaping Products

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...roduct-sales-months-toughest-state-crackdown/

Michigan's flavored vaping ban in effect: Here are the new rules
It would be cool if you updated the first post in the thread with a list to keep it current and all in one place (also mentioning which states have had their ban put on hold due to lawsuits).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread