Status
Not open for further replies.

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
I got an SXMini M-Class in May last year and I never looked back. It's a great device, so good that I never even think to carry a backup. It just works.

Except now it isn't. It has developed a really odd problem and I'm going to have to send it back for a refund/replace. So now I'm thinking again about backups and maybe replacements, but I'm a long way out of touch these days.

What is the state of play in the temperature controlled market these days? Who are the big players, who has dropped the ball and which (single battery -- I still haven't gone much over 30W) mods should I be looking at?

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I know you said single battery but you also mentioned TC. Evolv DNA200 mods are top notch at TC and some of the ones using a 3s Lipo pack are on the smaller side (VaporShark and Lavabox). When someone asks best at TC, I think of DNA200, Dicodes, and SX Mini. Good luck in your search.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:
Reactions: rurwin

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
Thanks. Since I've got an SXMini and it would be rather unfair to expect the supplier to give me a refund three-quarters of the way through the warranty , I'll take a replacement of that. Dicodes are unavailable (you knew that of course) but very nice. And since I'll have my single battery mod, when it comes back, I've just bought a Vaporshark. I wanted one last year but the YHi chip was outperforming the DNA40 at the time.

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
If you really like the TC of the SX, look into an IPV D3. But if you want a more full-featured backup, I'd recommend one of the Joyetech/Wismec lines. If you like the size of the SX Mini, look at the VTC Mini, the Vape Forward Lite, or the Wismec Presa 75TC. If you want more battery capacity, there's the iStick 100TC, the Joyetech Cuboid, both dual 18650, or even the Wismec RX200. All of those mods use the same proven Joyetech TC board, which has many of the same features your (updated?) SX Mini M Class does, at a fraction of the price...we're talking less than 30 quid if you get them out of China.

Whoops, looks like you already bought.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I got an SXMini M-Class in May last year and I never looked back. It's a great device, so good that I never even think to carry a backup. It just works.

Except now it isn't. It has developed a really odd problem and I'm going to have to send it back for a refund/replace. So now I'm thinking again about backups and maybe replacements, but I'm a long way out of touch these days.

What is the state of play in the temperature controlled market these days? Who are the big players, who has dropped the ball and which (single battery -- I still haven't gone much over 30W) mods should I be looking at?

So is it a 510 interface problem? maybe the insulator is damaged? depressed centerpin problem?

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
A couple of times now it gets into a state where when you press the fire button the display changes to a single line full of HHHHHHHH (and more importantly, it doesn't fire). Swapping the battery fixed it the first time. The second time it was more persistent. I updated the firmware and it hasn't happened since. Now I've got my Vaporshark I'm more relaxed about it so I'm holding off on the replacement. It's no use sending it back with an intermittent problem they can't verify. The chances are that there is a problem on the board that is getting worse and if I keep it for a week or so it will fail permenently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread