Steadily Dropping Resistance? ... On its own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeB

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Louisiana
I have both a 306 atty and a Boge carto that are steadily dropping in their resistance today. 306 started out at 2.0ohm and has fallen to 1.2ohm; and the Boge started out at 2.9ohm and has fallen 2.1ohm. This has all happend over the course of the day, and started checking them because they were starting to vape hot and harsh, so I've been lowering my voltage all day on the provari. Anyone have any idea why something like this would happen or what would cause it from a physic point of view? I know I could just switch to new cartos/attys but it's not like these are broken yet, and I'm curious as to why...

FYI, checked a few frsh boges out of the box, and one tested out to 3.0ohm, and the other to 2.9ohm. So it's not the provari.

MikeB

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Louisiana
Hmm, do you chain vape?

To me, it sounds like they're nearing their impending doom. Chances are it's a short, and a coincidence that they're both being affected.

Yep. I'm pretty hard on my stuff. Mostly though it just means a carto lasts me 3-4days instead of a week of two. I get the feeling they're both about to bit the dust too. The 306 I've only had about 5 days though, and the boge was fresh this morning.

SilentEcho13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
New York
Do you use pure VG, or thick, dark juices?

It sounds like you may be able to fix them with a good alcohol bath. I've had atomizers both drop and raise in resistance due to certain juices (like cinnamon or peppermint), and a good bath usually brings them right back to normal.

I use 91% isopropyl alcohol, let them soak for 15 minutes while swooshing them around, then rinse with water, blow them out HARD until no more moisture comes out, and then sit them in front of a fan for 5-10 minutes to dry. After that, regular priming and waiting a minute or two and they're all back to normal. I can't really say much for cartomizers though. They aren't built as "robustly" as atomizers, so once they start dying they're pretty much dead already lol.

MikeB

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Louisiana
Do you use pure VG, or thick, dark juices?

It sounds like you may be able to fix them with a good alcohol bath. I've had atomizers both drop and raise in resistance due to certain juices (like cinnamon or peppermint), and a good bath usually brings them right back to normal.

I use 91% isopropyl alcohol, let them soak for 15 minutes while swooshing them around, then rinse with water, blow them out HARD until no more moisture comes out, and then sit them in front of a fan for 5-10 minutes to dry. After that, regular priming and waiting a minute or two and they're all back to normal. I can't really say much for cartomizers though. They aren't built as "robustly" as atomizers, so once they start dying they're pretty much dead already lol.

Yea, not all my juices, but a lot of my favorites are straight VG and dark, lol. This is worth a shot for the 306. The carto is probably dead though, which is fine. It was in a dark VG too by the way. I'll give the alcohol a try. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread