Stealth Menthol 50 mg Salts needed for MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Smells highly of underage issues.

Smell your armpits. I have 3 years vape experience, started with Kanger Sub Ohm and one of the first Sigelei 50 watt, both still in service on DIY leftovers. Stopped doing it.

Coming back to the post. I have no experience with Nic Salts, are they taste/flavor the same as regular juice or different?

My favorite for DL is Naked 100 for 50-60 watt and VVV for above 110 watt. Salts are vaped at 10-15 watts, so juice has to be somewhat different, that is why I am here.

Any more experienced suggestions appreciated.

Reactions: stols001

Nancy D

May 21, 2019
New York
Smell your armpits. I have 3 years vape experience, started with Kanger Sub Ohm and one of the first Sigelei 50 watt, both still in service on DIY leftovers. Stopped doing it.

Coming back to the post. I have no experience with Nic Salts, are they taste/flavor the same as regular juice or different?

My favorite for DL is Naked 100 for 50-60 watt and VVV for above 110 watt. Salts are vaped at 10-15 watts, so juice has to be somewhat different, that is why I am here.

The taste is the same as FB, imo. It’s for a smoother hit in high nic and it’s usually high PG juice. I have Naked American Patriots, Berry Haze and Unicorn Milk. Helped me quit smoking. Both should taste and hit the same, pretty much. Although 50mg salt will feel and taste somewhat different than 3-6mg FB.
Naked doesn’t mute for you at higher wattage, you’re lucky.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Really? That’s not even an argument. Sure armpits is fine, as would be any other unpleasant odor. Noticing age still not mentioned lol.
they’re the same for most people. They can make some people a bit queasy. Higher nic maybe.
the juice is usually a LOT more concentrated. So much so that stealth systems can produce a bigger nic hit than much larger regular juices. 50mg/ml in a big DL vape will possibly put you on the floor. The noticeable difference between protonated and unprotonated nic is the amount of throat hit vs concentration of nic. It’s generally a lot lower. As for not obvious differences it can have a longer unrefridgerated shelf life which is one reason company’s like it. It also has no known safety research attached to it unlike protonated nic. This is my personal big issue with them. Medically they’re a gigantic question mark. That’s got nothing to do with the age thing or even the original question though.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
The most discreet pod I've ever seen is the Justfog Minifit. You can easily conceal it in one hand. It's refillable (50/50 recommended) and menthol liquid is a great choice since it won't leave behind a distinct odor. Get the black one and cover the white logo and LEDs with electrical tape. If visible exhalations are a concern just hold your breath for 20s and they'll dissipate in your lungs.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
50mg/ml in a big DL vape will possibly put you on the floor.

LOL. My regular juice is 12 mg for all wattage (40+ years of smoke, bombastinator could be even younger than this, lol), 50 mg is for salts and MTL only.

The most discreet pod I've ever seen is the Justfog Minifit. You can easily conceal it in one hand. It's refillable (50/50 recommended) and menthol liquid is a great choice since it won't leave behind a distinct odor. Get the black one and cover the white logo and LEDs with electrical tape. If visible exhalations are a concern just hold your breath for 20s and they'll dissipate in your lungs.

Minifit is already on my list. Does it produces large cloud?

MVS will be happy very soon (1/2 K in supplies is on wish list).
Holding breath, that is exactly what I do with Vuse Alto, in employee bathroom, checked multiple times, no one suspects anything!!!

I am just looking for new Salts, especially Menthol ones, with thick inhale like JUUL, Alto Menthol is different, more thinner, less satisfactory. Juul gives more throat hit vs Alto, which is cheaper and not bad at all.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
LOL. My regular juice is 12 mg for all wattage (40+ years of smoke, bombastinator could be even younger than this, lol), 50 mg is for salts and MTL only.
DL usually somewhere around halves concentration so 12mg DL would equate to ~24mg MTL. YMMV though. Salts also cut throat hit. A 50mg protonated nic is often considered to have a throat hit a lot like a 24mg unprotonated nic. Again it’s a YMMV issue though.
Minifit is already on my list. Does it produces large cloud?

MVS will be happy very soon (1/2 K in supplies is on wish list).
Holding breath, that is exactly what I do with Vuse Alto, in employee bathroom, checked multiple times, no one suspects anything!!!

I am just looking for new Salts, especially Menthol ones, with thick inhale like JUUL, Alto Menthol is different, more thinner, less satisfactory. Juul gives more throat hit vs Alto, which is cheaper and not bad at all.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
If it's bathroom vaping you're after the Vladdin RE at 12W is also very good at that. The cloud dissipates within seconds and even with flavored juice a residual odor is not noticeable. I have direct experience with this unit and run mine with 50mg salt nic. You can quickly get in a half dozen good deep puffs and then go on about your day. Older threads about the Vladdin speak of leaking issues but those have been resolved in my experience, since the pod revamp a few months ago.

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019

I always felt the Alto gave me a better throat hit, but I didn't like their menthol at all. Both of the Juul menthols were much better tasting, IMO.

Anyway, for a smaller stealth device, maybe the Renova Zero? The draw is a little tight but it's small and reliable. The Caliburn is another idea, it's a tad thicker and longer than a Juul, but it does make more vapor than the Zero. Looser draw, though. The Zero does have adjustable voltage which can cut down on the vapor a bit. For me the Zero works well as a nice, small pocket carry device. Great size and shape.

For a decent menthol nic salt check out Halo Subzero in 50 mg. Reminds me a bit of Juul Mint flavor, but a bit more intense. It's pretty cool and refreshing, no strong aroma.

Also, does your work bathroom have a smoke alarm? [emoji41]

Reactions: Nancy D

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Older threads about the Vladdin speak of leaking issues but those have been resolved in my experience, since the pod revamp a few months ago.

MVS is my my main supplier and it is out of stock for tha past few months. Bunch of the las comments were talking about issues, so I guess there were a lot of returns and MVS canceled the stock, will keep an eye on it for future.

maybe the Renova Zero?

Was thinking about it, but discarded due to something, don't remember now.
I ordered already Caliburn for flavor - compact vapor and cloud/flavor beast, not what I need, just to keep for pleasure where it is allowed to vape. Will add definitely Frenzy, as it seems to be very small device and without major flaws, at least not yet.

Kanger Uboat was already ordered, so I will wait and see if I will need to add another systems.
About Uboat:
"It is very smooth with a nice throat hit"
and
"our restroom at work is SUPER quiet and I had to time my vaping with flushing toilets and running faucets. No longer. This guy is super quiet and I can vape without fear" I hope that clouds are small, as all our areas have smok alarms. I have bunch of security friends who are responding to those alrms, they always complain about fruity smell, they know what is that, hence Menthol choice.

I think I will add Minifit as a very small device. What stands out is possibility of rewick, and if such happens, coils can be cleaned with high grain alcohol. I hope I will like this small device, as it promised to be (due to rebuilding it and cleaning) very cheap in maintenance.

For a decent menthol nic salt check out Halo Subzero in 50 mg. Reminds me a bit of Juul Mint flavor, but a bit more intense. It's pretty cool and refreshing, no strong aroma.

JUUL Mint is crap to me, very weak hit, JUUL Menthol is much better. Vuse Alto is 60+ mg, so it gives stronger hit, but it feels diffuse, thin draw vs thicker and more fulfilling Juul. Or ALto just running a bit higher wattage than Juul, who knows.
Will definitely try Halo (not cheap) later. So far I am planning to order Naked 100 (my favorite for regular juice) and Mad Hatter, which are 50/50 salts, and get them from Vapedeal, very cheap, recommend (halo not on their list, bad)
This is Mad Hatter I love Salts (sub brand) Classic Menthol review
"This is a wonderful flavor, I was trying to compare to my juul pods i need to get rid of juul too expensive, so now i have tried this so glad i did way to go good hit fantastic smooth in infinix smok 5stars fast delivery Awesome!!!"

And Infinix was on my list, but I can not buy everything.....

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
So
In the mail are Minifit, Uboat, Frenzy and VLaddin. In process of ordering Naked 100 and Mad Hatter 50/50 50 mg Salts, one bottle each for favorite flavors to try them and see which ones are the best in my situation. Will update as it goes.
Started to like Novo somewhat, at least for continuous chain vaping, no throat hit, but 50 mg Solace silently gives some relief from cravings and I noticed that I am using Alto and Juul less and less (both are sitting in front of me now), oops. Surprised.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK I think it smells like someone who needs a stealth vape at work. With what you are looking for, DIY might be cheap and easy.

IDK I don't know how often I've seen smoke alarms in the bathroom seems to me they are like, mostly made of water.

I guess a few bombs could be dropped. I hate menthol so I got no advice for you but I am glad you are finding what you need.

Anna

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
Don't mind some of the people in this forum some people are super cool like stols001 and some are super rude and jump on post just to get drama going to get attention, people need to buy dogs haha anywhooo..... 18350 mods seem to be the thing right now.throw a kayfun lite 2019 on top or any high end m2l tank and 50mg isn't that bad at .7 ohm- 1.4 ohm, I'd think closer to one ohm for 50mg.I love 18350 it's super small and great for stealthy vaping. Huge difference from my goon 25mm and rebel DNA 250c, flavor is like night and day.now I just started m2l about a month ago.picked up a kayfun lite and a hussar rta.got a rta called a four one five on the way from Japan.looks beautiful, vape wild has some really good menthol juice.they have one that's menthol and spermint I belive it is.so tasty and if you want what a lot of people claim is "the best menthol" e juice is halo. everyone I've ever meet that's tried it or reviewed it always says it's the best (I'm sure 5 people will quote me and say it's garbage) so I hope those two juices help you on your search bro.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Don't mind some of the people in this forum some people are super cool like stols001 and some are super rude and jump on post just to get drama going to get attention, people need to buy dogs haha anywhooo..... 18350 mods seem to be the thing right now.throw a kayfun lite 2019 on top or any high end m2l tank and 50mg isn't that bad at .7 ohm- 1.4 ohm, I'd think closer to one ohm for 50mg.I love 18350 it's super small and great for stealthy vaping. Huge difference from my goon 25mm and rebel DNA 250c, flavor is like night and day.now I just started m2l about a month ago.picked up a kayfun lite and a hussar rta.got a rta called a four one five on the way from Japan.looks beautiful, vape wild has some really good menthol juice.they have one that's menthol and spermint I belive it is.so tasty and if you want what a lot of people claim is "the best menthol" e juice is halo. everyone I've ever meet that's tried it or reviewed it always says it's the best (I'm sure 5 people will quote me and say it's garbage) so I hope those two juices help you on your search bro.

Slow down your excitement bro.

So You recommend which juice, Halo? And what else, you did not mention another name?
Regarding RTAs, which ones from the good ones have decks and bases (or combination) sold separately, as I prefer to build them when I have time and passion, not when I have to, because it is time. For every regular DL RTA I have, I have 3 decks, so I can build them in advance, on my spare time.
I was trying to find so far spare parts (base and deck) for Innokin Ares and Digiflavor Siren 2, and no luck at all, not even in China.
I got all premade coil devices I want, the only left are RTAs.

Do you have any ideas here?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
some people are super cool like stols001

@billthetroll , kindly never call me "cool" again. I'm afraid from you, that's a bit of an insult.

For other reasons consult the "let's tell the guy to vape 35 mg nic salts in his sub0hm setup."

I may be righteous, I may be awesome, I may be reasonable, I may be fun. What I am no longer, (thank god) is "cool."

Anna

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Little update regarding devices, finally I have them all, but did not get very good salts yet, will be here July 5.
So, using Solace Salts Mint flavor (60/40 I believe).

Caliburn - good flavor, I would say that it is on the edge of spit back, as I feel taste of juice, it is so pure, no throat hit at all, or very little, very loose draw, about the same as Novo. Not what I was looking for, not my style, not saying it is bad, but not for me.
Uboat - is the worst of them all, but I think it requires 50/50 juice (in the mail, once I get Halo Subzero, will retest them all), very poor flavor, no throat hit, little clouds, but no satisfaction at all.
Minifit - so small and so good, not really a stealth vape as it produces about the same clouds as Novo, midsize,restrictive draw, I would say equal to my JUUL (I use medical tape to close half of juul mouthpiece to restrict draw even more). Flavor is present, not much, but enough for Mint. So far very satisfied.
Novo - easiest draw of them all, subtle flavor, no throat hit, largest clouds of them all.
Vladdin - decent throat hit, feel resistance draw, flavor less than Caliburn of course, clouds mid-sized to large, so far satisfied by performance, BUT, it pod leaked as soon as I filled and closed rubber stopper. I think stopper is too big and it pushes juiceout by positive pressure. As soon as it leaked initially, leakage stopped, will see.
Frenzy - the best of them all for restrictive draw, because it can be adjusted, it made me cough on very restrictive draw, I was surprised, and opened air a bit. Checking on SS Temp setting, lowest setting, clouds are the smallest, flavor is just under Caliburn, better than the rest, but weight, the heaviest. Not exactly shirt pocket device (which I need for my uniform).

Once Halo Subzero 50/50 50 mg arrives will retest them all and put changes here.

So far I would probably stay with Frenzy, Vladdin and Minifit due to restricted draw and OK flavor.

Edit. Just tried JUUL and Vuse Alto, both Menthol, right after testing and writing this update - i DON'T FEEL THROAT HIT AT ALL. MEaning that those 3 devices I liked are equal or stronger and better!!!!

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Surprising update.
Novo with mesh coil apparently is good for freebase. Checked with naked 100 Euro Gold tobacco flavor, good flavor, very good throat hit and even better clouds. I am confused now, as I was planning to retire Novo already.

I guess, I am going to keep it as portable Naked 100 freebase system.

Also, Uboat takes time to break in, after 1/4 pod, I suddenly discovered flavor and clouds, not as good as the rest of my pod systems, but not as bad as I though initially.

Pod life for Caliburn and Vladdin is about the same (used same flavor), flavor started decreasing after about 7 refills or so. I am still using the same pods for both from the beginning (July 3), but not going to refill anymore, as it started tasted bland, not burnt or harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread