Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I just wanted to say thanks to all the folks at Steam Cigs in Lawrenceville Georgia for putting on weekly vape seminars/tutorials and a meeting place for vapist around the area to meet up and socialize and share vape stories and experiences.

I walked in a couple weeks ago ( was just curious) and was pretty impressed with the "set-up" and general atmosphere. I actually met up with two ECF members and this relatively new B&M seemed like a good place to meet up and say hi to CaveDiver and SimianSteam here from the forums.

I was so Impressed with this "Man Cave" atmosphere ( its nice for the ladies as well ) that all I could think of was "how nice this would be to meet other members and other Vapist on a semi regular basis". Well, Im not very shy so I just kinda said to Chris, the funny Long haired English dude behind the counter," Hey, this would be such a nice place to show vapers how to do stuff like coils rebuilding, Micro coil building, DIY tutorials or just hang out.

Chris says " WHAT DO YOU WANT TO LEARN FIRST ? SimianSteam said " Micro Coil building" ! Chris says "How about Thursday at 6PM ? I looked at him and said "are you serious ?" ....... "Yeah Mate, See you Thursday and be thinking what all of you want to talk about the following week"....................Just like that.

So, we had our first "class" and it was just alot of fun. Im not sure how many there were, probaly a dozen or so. We all watched and learned and Chris had us all building our own coils. Just a good time really.

Just wanted to say thanks to these folks if they ever see this post. They all seem to enjoy what they do and are so very knowlegable about whats what in our hobby.

Cheers to Steam Cigs !!

Last edited:

marshbunny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
NE GA, USA
I really enjoyed the session. Chris makes learning fun. I appreciate Christy giving me her opinion on my DIY juice and offering her encouragement. Lovely shop, lovely staff and so nice of them to be so inviting. Great place to meet fellow vapors. BTW, Thunderball thank you for letting me try your ProVari - now I have another item on my wishlist.

SimianSteam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
The Jungle
Yay! Now I won't feel so bad about crapping up the Georgia vapers thread...

Last night was a blast! We definitely need beer if the classes are going to be at 6PM on a weekday, though. Rush hour SUCKS.

And... Plug time. Steam Cigs does a Monthly Movie Night. This month it's going to be on the 23rd, probably around 6PM, and we'll be screening the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special: The Day of the Doctor. Come one, Come all, come in your Whovian gear with Sonic Screwdrivers at the ready!

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
Maybe we should try to get them to move the classes to the weekend...

I second this. I was lucky to be available on a Thursday. On the other hand that might get in the way of business since I imagine more customers come through on a weekend. Couldn't hurt to ask them.

One person not mentioned that deserves a personal thanks is the owner, Matt. I noticed he gave cavediver some one on one directions.

Cavediver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Buford, Ga
One person not mentioned that deserves a personal thanks is the owner, Matt. I noticed he gave cavediver some one on one directions.

Ayup. He got my Phoenix straightened right out; it's vaping better than it did new! Watching youtube videos and researching out the wazoo is my normal mode of operation. Getting to see it in person and having someone show me how to correct the problems really helped in this case.
Thanks Matt, Chris & Christie!

I actually like the weekday idea, even if I can only do it once every couple of weeks. They're extending the workshop hours to 8pm; hopefully that will give everyone enough time to get there and for demonstrations.

Last edited:

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
BTW, Thunderball thank you for letting me try your ProVari - now I have another item on my wishlist.

Your very welcome my Dear !! I was so busy wrapping coils that I didnt get to try your concoctions. Maybe you could bring some next time. I DIY myself so I would be very interested. I normally carry around about 6 of my own concoctions myself.

Nice to see your other half so supportive :toast:

SimianSteam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
The Jungle
I second this. I was lucky to be available on a Thursday. On the other hand that might get in the way of business since I imagine more customers come through on a weekend. Couldn't hurt to ask them.

Has anyone PM'd Matt and let him know we started this thread? Don't know if he can post in it or not since he's a vendor, but he might want to keep an eye on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread