Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello,

Today’s review is about the steam crave Aromomizer Plus V2. It is basically an upgraded version of the original Aromamizer Plus, an RDTA that was very well sold and appreciated in the vaping industry. I did not own the V1 version, so I am not able to do a comparison. One of the main features of the Aromamizer Plus V2 is its versatility, capacity and transformability.

For this review I received the Advanced kit (including Mesh deck) and two additional decks, the velocity style deck and series deck. steam crave thank you for sending me this kit for review.

In the Box:

A very generously packed kit with lots of goodies. It is presented very nice in the box and it was a pleasure unpacking it.

• 1 x Aromamizer Plus whole unit
  • 1 x Spare 8ml glass
  • 1 x 8ml metal extension
  • 2 x 6mm chimney reducer for glass tank section and metal tank section
  • 1 x Spare part bag of O rings and grub screws
  • 1 x Allen Key (tri-tool)
  • 1 x Manual
  • 1 x Steamcrave Sticker
  • 1 x Mesh deck kit

Have to say that the manual of this RDTA (and Mesh deck) is actually useful compared to many other RTA/RDTA manuals, it shows a proper step by step manual on how to build on this thing. There is also some things missing, it does not explain how to transform the tank into an RDA (Yes, it can also be turned into an RDA), or how exactly to put the 8ml metal extension on top. Anyway, it is not rocket science to figure out yourself.

Specs from Steam Crave website:

The tank:

It comes in its 8ml setup in the box. Let’s start by saying I like the looks of this tank a lot. If there is anything I would change it would be the lock signs on the juice flow control ring, would look much better if it was carved into the ring with no paint, but I guess that is a very specific preference.

It is a large tank with its 30mm, so having a box-mod that allows 30mm with no overhang is a must in my opinion. For me it looks great on the OBS BAT mod.

Taking apart the whole tank is simple; the threading is proper and feels smooth. One of the things I like a lot is the juice flow control, this allows you to rewick or replace your deck with pretty much a full tank. Of course, this you can do on most RTA’s/RDTA’s by just putting the tank upside down but being able to just close it off gives that extra security in case you knock it over. Also, it can be useful overnight while not vaping, for those that are worried about leaking.

Adding on the 8ml metal extension is also simple by simply taking of the top cap and screwing it on. The top cap then fits on the metal extension. I did use it in the massive 16ml metal extended version, but for me it’s getting bit too bulky, I prefer the standard 8ml setup. I am not the type of vaper that vapes at 200W, but for those that do, the metal extension will come in very handy.

It is possible to turn this into an RDA, and I tried to take of the center chimney on the base without success. It is too stuck, and I don’t want to risk breaking it. Still, I think this tank is an RDTA rather than an RDA, simply because you can get a 8/16ml tank on top of it.

Filling this tank is mess-free, it has such large fill-ports I cannot imagine anyone makes a mess from filling up this thing. I would have preferred to see a lock-mechanism rather than threading on the top-cap, but the threading is proper so its not a big deal, don’t see it wearing out quickly.

Never have I had a tank with so many airflow options, obviously a big win on this tank. There are 3 types of slots (3 sleeves, 2 sleeves and 1 sleeve) allowing for VERY MUCH air and a restricted DTL hit. The slots are placed well hitting the coils (on all decks) directly from the side. I really like this airflow much and the honeycomb pattern just allows for very exact adjustments. I personally like it with the two-sleeve slot fully open. One thing I miss on the airflow ring is grippy surface to make it an easier adjustment, it is not very difficult or so, but when the tank is a bit damp you really need to focus on turning the ring. Airflow sounds very smooth, not noisy or whistley at all, on the quiet side I would say.

The chamber is large and seems quite thin for such a big tank. Normally they say thicker and smaller chambers deliver better flavor and fuller vaper, but I did not experience this at all with this tank, actually the opposite, flavor is just amazing on this tank. Not speaking of the vaper production on this tank, if you like insane amounts of vaper, you will get it at high wattage and the airflow wide open, never had such amount of vaper on any tank.

It comes with two chimney reducers which I did not really feel the need to use them. They probably are very useful with having a single coil built allowing for a tighter and more flavorful hit. I did try using them on my dual and mesh built, but the vaper became too hard-hitting for me.

Base of the tank figures as a well where the juice is sitting on and through the wicking holes the juice is pulled up by the cotton onto the coils, that’s why it’s an RDTA. It is not a very deep well, but it’s a 30mm tank so there is plenty of surface covered by juice. Never had a dry hit on this tank. Neither never had issues with juice flowing out through the bottom nor airflow.

Decks press fit perfectly into the chamber section.

The Decks

Probably one of the main reasons I would buy this tank, you have 5 tank options! I received 4 out of 5, unfortunately the single coil deck was not included.

For all decks there is one rule to make them really perform, really comb out those end of the cotton very well and do not stuff them into the wicking slot. The cotton needs to lay loose in the wicking slot so that the liquid can be easily sucked up from the bottom of the tank.

All decks (apart from mesh, has philips) have allen screw-heads which I like. From my experience allen screws do not get dull so easily as Philips or flathead screws. The tri-tool that comes with it has an OK allen key allowing to easily get the screws in or out.

Mesh deck:

It’s an easy deck as most mesh decks with its clamps. Just be sure to put enough cotton in, the strips that came with it were perfectly sized to pull through straight away.

This is the first mesh deck I have owned that does not have the spring-loaded ceramic ‘pusher’ under the coil. I was a bit worried I would get many dry hits because of cotton not being ‘pushed’ against the coil. Steam Crave did however add several holes on the bottom making sure it is saturated well. This is the first mesh deck that surprisingly did not give me even 1 (!!) dry hit, the cotton is so well saturated that it does not even give dry hits a chance. Maybe it is the way I wicked as well, but I just used the cotton strip that came with it, combed it out well and that’s it. The flavor on the mesh deck is outstanding, hard to say it is better than the other tanks I tried (Kylin M and Zeus X Mesh), because for me Mesh builds in general are flavor wise just great.

Still, I would say this is my favorite mesh-deck so far just for not having any dry hits and a very well dense saturated hit each time, even when chain vaping. Love it.

Postless decks (standard and series):

There is two postless decks on which building is the same. The only difference with the series deck is that it multiples the coil resistance in stead of dividing it by two. This is useful for some mods that do not allow low coil resistance builds.

I like postless decks mainly because they are easy to build on. The only thing that is important to know is the leg length of the coil to properly sit on the deck, in this case 5mm is perfect. Same as on all the decks, important to really comb out the cotton well and not stuff the wicking slot.

Also, the flavor on the postless decks is just top-notch. With the cotton being saturated really well it just provides the flavor you would expect the juice tastes like. The further you get your coils out, the better the flavor gets, just be careful that the coils do not touch the chamber.

Velocity deck

Flavor and performance wise very similar to the postless deck, the velocity deck however for me takes a bit longer to build and wick. The straight posts allow for a close cut of the coil legs.

The deck works well as the others, but I personally would not see the need to get this deck if you already have the postless and mesh deck, velocity seems a bit old-school and is a type of deck you don’t see much anymore.

Overall deck thoughts

Flavor and vaper production on all decks are just outstanding. Just having the option to switch between decks is a massive pro. Even with a tank full you can exchange the decks if you feel like changing your deck-style, simply close the Juice Flow Control, screw of the base, replace the deck and screw back the base. As simple as that. I for example have all decks laying around already prepared to be used, whenever I feel the deck, I am using needs a fresh wick I can just put in another deck.

The cotton is saturated very well (if wicked properly) and I did not experience any leaking issues on any of the decks.

Conclusion:

An amazing RDTA delivering clouds and outstanding flavor. Having deck options is probably the biggest pro together with the many airflow options. The Mesh and postless decks for me are the best, the mesh deck flavor wise being the winner here.

The advanced kit is so full of goodies that you can play around with in different set ups and vaping preferences. Great thing is that you can buy the decks separately in case one breaks, or you just would like to try another one.

Not able to say much negative about this tank apart from the fact I was not able to take out the chimney to turn it into an RDA, but I guess with some home-hacks I would be able to take out the chimney.

For 70$ you can get the advanced kit, and for 50$ the basic kit (which excludes mesh and the 8ml extension). Yes, it is not the cheapest RDTA/RTA out there, but for me the versatility and already mentioned pro’s are well worth the price.

The advanced kit is available here; https://shop.steamcrave.com/aromamizerplusv2advancedkit_p1021.html and includes free shipping to most countries.

Thank you for reading my review, let me know if any questions!

Take care!

@Izan @bigbob2322 @hittman @Frenkyou @dreamvaper @Shadav @Opinionated @stols001

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Thanks for the review. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Sorry to hear of the election results. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Stay strong brother! :toast:

Cheers
I
Thanks Izan!

It is not as bad as foreign media shows. Im still reading Dutch news sites eventhough I live in Poland, and the image they scetch is much heavier than it is in reality. We will survive :)

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Nice review for a nice RDTA.
A bit pricey but looks like it is worth it.
Thank you!

Everybody has different financial priorities in life ;), Flavor wise you can get a similar vape on cheaper RDTA’s, but for me the 5 deck options are just very useful. The standard kit costs 50$, so not bad as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread