Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    steam crave Aromamizer Ragnar RDTA Advanced Version

The Ragnar RDTA is a giant 35mm in diameter, it can hold up to 25ml of liquid, its rich package contains three different Decks, two of which are common to previous versions of Aromamizer and can be used through a reducer, even in BF.

1.jpg

Enjoy the reading.

Packaging:
    The rigid cardboard package shows on the front the stylized image of the product, the manufacturer's logo, the words "Aromamizer Ragnar RDTA" and the slogan "Flavor and Cloud Beast".

In the remaining sides they are present; the scratch and check for the security, some warnings on minors, bar code, indication of the place of origin, Steam Crave web address and indications on the color of the product contained in the package.

2.jpg

In the box:
    1 * Aromamizer Ragnar RDTA
    1 * Chamber reducer for deck plus V1 / V2
    1 * Deck Plus V2 a Mesh + Pin BF, mesh blending tool, 2 x 0.15Ω (35-70W) Kanthal A1 mesh coil, cotton, o'ring, screws.
    1 * Deck Plus Velocity + Pin BF, o'ring, screws
    1 * 18ml Replacement Pyrex Tank Glass
    2 * 25ml replacement pyrex tank glasses
    1 * 25ml Conversion Chimney
    1 * Envelope with O'ring, slotted screws and Allen key
    1 * Multifunction key
    1 * Vape Band
    1 * SteamCrave Sticker
    1 * User Manual

3.jpg

Steam Crave Ragnar RDTA parameters:
    Diameter: 35mm
    Height with Drip-tip: 49mm (Dripper), 62mm (RDTA 18ml), 75mm (RDTA 25ml)
    Weight: 152gr (Dripper), 162gr (RDTA 18ml), 172gr (RDTA 25ml)
    Drip Tip 810 Ø22mm
    Capacity 18ml / 25ml

Available colors:
    stainless steel, black, gunmetal.

4.jpg

Review:

The Drip-tip 810 is built in steel and resin, it is held in place with precision by an o'ring inside the Top-cap, the mouthpiece has an external diameter of 22mm! Much like the diameter of a classic MTL atomizer! However despite this monstre size it is comfortable and integrates well with the line of this Super-tank.

The Top-cap features "Aromamizer Ragnar RDTA Steam Crave" deeply laser engraved.
    The surface texture on the outer edge of the Top-cap transmits a good grip to the fingers, this together with the sliding thread allows you to unscrew it easily. The two huge filling slots underneath are large enough to pour liquid into it directly from a tipless container.

The hermetic closure of the Top-cap is guaranteed by a large external black o'ring and by a smaller white o'ring, placed at the base of the thread.

5.jpg

The tray at the base of the tank is decorated as follows: "Designed by BJSHI" serial number, laurel wreath with Rohs regulations, disposal logo and C E mark. The surface texture is the same as the Top-cap, the thread equally precise, it allows you to unscrew it effortlessly, inside we find an o-ring that seals the connection thread of the deck, the thread is equipped with an adjustable contact pin.

By pulling the thread, we can bring out the large standard Postless Deck, and install the Mesh Plus V2 Deck or the Plus Velocity Deck via the reduction bell, a really nice solution to make even the most small decks compatible with the Steam Crave Ragnar, their locking takes place taking care to correctly join the elements through the two guides on the reducer.

6.jpg

I had not yet had the opportunity to use SteamCrave products, I was surprised how this RDTA is really built and finished with care, the threads are smooth, the machining tolerances very precise, disassembling / assembling this super-tank is simple and pleasant.

In the first image below (indicated by the arrows) we see the large liquid adjustment slots, placed on the central block of the Ragnar, in this case they are in the refil position (total closure), naturally, by opening the slits, the feed occurs in a "drop" manner, the liquid falls into the lower chamber to keep the cotton saturated.

By unscrewing the part where the refill slots are present we will have the possibility to pass from the RDA configuration, to the configuration with the 18ml glass or to the 25ml one through the two supplied extenders, the various transformation operations last a few seconds.

The maximum capacity of this tank is simply insane, of course the overall dimensions of the atomizer are also incredible, with its diameter of 35mm, a maximum height of 75mm and a weight that exceeds 170gr, the Steam Crave Ragnar RDTA is truly a behemoth. ! So you need to have mods that can host it.

7.jpg

Multiple AFC System:
    The air control ring (removable) is divided into two parts, the upper part uses large rectangular openings where 80% of the incoming air flow enters, the lower part takes the remaining 20% through two small slots of the air.

All the holes and slots on the ring nut allow you to divide with different combinations all the passages obtained on the central block, that is the Side air-flow system with 10 opposing holes (total 20 holes) with honeycomb design and the Bottom system air-flow with its 2 small opposing buttonholes.

Liquid regulation system:
    This important function is entrusted to one of the two rotating rings (removable), on a ring there are two symbols, one represents a closed padlock and the other an open padlock.
    To obtain the desired adjustment, just make one of these padlocks coincide with the reference notch on the other fixed ring.

Given the exceptional size of this atomizer, very strong internal air pressures are generated when closing the Top-cap, therefore it is absolutely necessary to close the liquid control before refilling, because otherwise leaks will be inevitable.

8.jpg

Original Postless Deck:
    This is the new default Deck of first installation and it is huge, it has a two side channel air-flow feeding solution, the air is then conveyed bottom to the coils through two aeration lines composed of six holes each. The screws to tighten the legs are of the "Allen" type

I used for this regeneration two Ni90 Fater coils for a final resistance of 0.12Ω with pre-cut legs at 5mm
    Needless to say, the Ragnar performance is amazing, it generates steam and flavor in an devastating way, its yield is a step above the best I have tested so far.

In general, I almost never vape above 80W, at this power and compulsively vaping the atomizer remains practically cold, the enormous potential is clearly perceived, this large structure would gladly accept more elaborate coils, perhaps pushed to considerably higher wattages , however (to my taste) it is rather useless.

9.jpg

Velocity Deck Plus with reduction chamber:
    It can also be used in BF configuration, inside the package we find the perforated pin for the squonk.
    For this regeneration I used the same type of coil used previously, for a final resistance of 0.13Ω
    The Deck Velocity is perhaps a little outdated in design; it takes a little longer to build, but it's not bad at all.
    The aroma and performance are very similar to the original Ragnar postless deck, the Velocity works well, however for convenience I prefer the Original Postless Deck.

10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Plus V2 Mesh Deck with reduction chamber:

This Deck can also be used in BF configuration, inside the package we find the perforated pin for the squonk and two 17 * 9.8mm Mesh strips made in Kanthal with a resistive value of 0.15Ω (35-70W)

The mesh deck is one of the few that does not use the spring-loaded ceramic cushion positioned under the Coil to "push" the cotton.

Positioning the coil after having shaped it with the Tool present in the package is not difficult, the strips are equipped with contrast springs, the tightening screws in this case are cross-shaped.

In general, all Mesh systems give an exceptional aroma, the most difficult part is usually to avoid "dry shots", I must say that in this case the correct sizing of the pre-packaged cotton whisker and the good flow of liquid studied by Steam Crave, it helped me get the perfect coil on the first try.

After initializing the mesh at 20W, I moved to 35W, the performance with a selected line of side air-flow holes (to my taste) is at least equal to that of the best mesh systems I have tried.

* I did not find any leaks or other problems with any of the 3 Decks, of course for their use I followed the detailed Steam Crave instructions in the user manual to the letter.

11.jpg

Final remarks:
    In terms of build quality, this Ragnar RDTA has favorably impressed me, the aromatic performance is fantastic with all types of Decks, I really like to use the original postless deck with the bottom air-flow hole selected, combined with an opening line of the side air-flow. The shot feels deep and quiet, the body never overheats with any configuration I've tried.

Changing configuration takes very little time, just unscrew and screw the lower tray after inserting the new deck.
    It is also possible to replace the deck even in the presence of liquid, just close the slots using the external control and turn the atomizer upside down

Steam Crave Aromamizer Ragnar RDTA Advanced Version, I absolutely recommend it, with such a rich endowment, if you want to "play" who makes the biggest clouds you will win, if instead you are looking for a quality atomizer, particularly large in liquid and absolutely rich from an aromatic point of view, you will still win.

Thanks to Sourcemore for sending me the product for review.
    $ 48.52 Steam Crave Aromamizer Ragnar RDTA (Advanced Version)
    code: CRAVERD

Steam Crave Aromamizer Ragnar RDTA 18ml 35mm

12.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread