Steel labs nano v2 bf

Status
Not open for further replies.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
I'm looking at getting one of these. If I do, what kind of spare parts would I need to future proof it? I'm thinking I want a mounting plate style, but I'm not sure I've built things before, so I'm not new to parts lists, just not certain about 510 parts. I'm sure springs and insulators are key, but they have different sizes...
Nano V2 Spare Parts - Steelabs

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Mordacai

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Reactions: HigherStateD

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thanks for all your help @Izan ! Is there a bf 510 at stealth that's worth well? The v3 looks interesting... I don't see insulators or other parts, are they more throw away if they go bad?
I like the V3 as well. :thumbs:
I don't think them disposable, but they are more like the REO ss510. Few points of failure and parts easily swapped between units.
You may find, since standard 510 threading is used internally on every 510 connector, parts are generally interchangeable across manufacturers/brands.

HTH
I

Last edited:

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
I like the V3 as well. :thumbs:
I don't think them disposable, but the are more like the REO ss510. Few points of failure and parts easily swapped between units.
You may find, since standard 510 threading is used internally on every 510 connector, parts are generally interchangeable across manufacturers/brands.

HTH
I
Yes, it does! Thanks, sorry for the lack of research on my part, I'm sure I could have figured out the interchangeability of connectors... Speaking of, I've found a US supplier of dna75c boards, and realizing that I will more than likely kill the boards in the mods I have before the 510 connectors fail. As such, I think the best option is to work up a 3D printed housing for the topside connectors I have and bottle, with that board... I'll have enough spares to last, as long as I can protect the chip and screen well enough.

Reactions: Izan

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Just a bit of a warning, re-purposing "non standard" parts is often an exercise in futility.
IMO, stick with popular boards (DNA/YiHi/Eleaf) and standard components.

Shapeways 3D Printing Marketplace
Dna75c Maker/DIY - Shapeways Tech
NOTE: What is a Success Rate and "First to try"?

cheers
I
I'm well aware of the need for revisions with production, but are you also saying repurposing the 510 and squonk setup from an existing mod is near futile or at least prone to failures also? This isn't my only doomsday plan, as I still have other mods ordered, just a way of making the heavy pig of a mod that the 90w was into something more pocket friendly. I figure I have plenty of bottles, and three total topsides, so I should have a decent shot over the years of perfecting it before it's needed. If not, I'm sure I can get a 510 from somewhere to satisfy a good bf mod...

I love the topside, and if I can get it lighter, and with a 75c, I think it'd be near perfection. It's biggest downside for me, being clumsy, is that gravity being what it is, and force equalling mass times acceleration, it it a bit much in my hands for it to survive more than a few impacts...

Last edited:

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
For me, regulated squonkers are far less reliable than simple mech squonks.
I have skipped all of the above for various reasons. (loved the look of the Squeeze2, but the bottle type and that fire button position...:censored:)
The board from my Hotcig RSQ might get repurposed, but the rest of the unit is headed for the trash. The RSQ had a horrible 510 and the metal body makes it hard to easily convert, safely, to a mech.
My first Massmods S2 (mosfet) is scheduled for conversion to a mech. The spring loaded 510 leaked from day one and had connection issues due to a weak spring.
A robust, non spring loaded 510, a delrin button and a strip of copper/silver should bring it back to better than new.
I guess I'm an air-cooled VW guy at heart. :hubba:

Cheers
I
Love the way you think, but I'm more of a "take that VW flat 4, an AWD from an Audi, and the chassis of a Volvo, slap it all together with a turbo, then take the resulting WRX, chip it to remove the governors, raise the red line a touch, and sneak some flat foot shifting and launch control in for good measure" kinda guy.... Shame I had to convince my girlfriend at the time to let me do that to her car, as I'm so blind, I'm not allowed to drive on the street. But I love a good old air cooled, fix it with a socket wrench, don't blow a tire in the rain cause the spare tire pressure is used to push wiper fluid kinda car.... The air cooled porsches have a lovely sound to boot...

Last edited:
  • Love

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Love the way you think, but I'm more of a "take that be flat 4, an AWD from an Audi, and the chassis of a Volvo, slap it all together with a turbo, then take the resulting WRX, chip it to remove the governors, raise the red line a touch, and sneak some flat foot shifting and launch control in for good measure" kinda guy.... Shame I had to convince my girlfriend at the time to let me do that to her car, as I'm so blind, I'm not allowed to drive on the street. But I love a good old air cooled, fix it with a socket wrench, don't blow a tire in the rain cause the spare tire pressure is used to push wiper fluid kinda car.... The air cooled porsches have a lovely sound to boot...
Hell yeah brother!

Cheers
I

• Winner

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
I'm inclined to pick up 5 of these: Source V3 M10 BF Squonk 510 Connector - Squonk 510 by Stealthvape
And 5 of these: https://vapeandmake.com/ReseT-ModS-510-Sqonker-connector-22mm-lock-ring?
My experience with spring loaded 510s is they all eventually leak.
I'm anxious for Floris to start production again. Floris Box

HTH
I
Yeah, I get that they all leak, I'm just trying to figure out a good way to get a nice bf 510 or two, and enough spare parts to tune them up. Never disassembled or built our, so I'm not sure other than the spring loosing tension or the metal or insulator wearing, what specific parts to look at. If I could find a supplier that had high quality metal work and a dna75c or two, that's be the dream...

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I'm well aware of the need for revisions with production, but are you also saying repurposing the 510 and squonk setup from an existing mod is near futile or at least prone to failures also? This isn't my only doomsday plan, as I still have other mods ordered, just a way of making the heavy pig of a mod that the 90w was into something more pocket friendly. I figure I have plenty of bottles, and three total topsides, so I should have a decent shot over the years of perfecting it before it's needed. If not, I'm sure I can get a 510 from somewhere to satisfy a good bf mod...

I love the topside, and if I can get it lighter, and with a 75c, I think it'd be near perfection. It's biggest downside for me, being clumsy, is that gravity being what it is, and force equalling mass times acceleration, it it a bit much in my hands for it to survive more than a few impacts...

I'm not saying it can't be done, it is very doable.
Finding components for proprietary designs just presents more challenges. (REO Grand POS+ contact "leaf")
Unfortunately, one of the ways a manufacture solves problems is to invent a special part that will NEVER be available as a spare. (mosfet board in my MassMods S2, for example)

The Vmod was the last squonker I bought that didn't take industry standard bottles.
My Reo mini 2.0 was the last squonker I bought that doesn't take an 18650.

IMO, The more universal the components, the easier it will be to repair/replace in the future.

I love the look of the Pico squeeze, but the bottles killed the appeal. I would have a 4-5 Topsides if they had a standard 510 and I would have a Pulse V2 shipping now if they didn't use non standard bottles.
But that's just me.

Cheers
I

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
I'm not saying it can't be done, it is very doable.
Finding components for proprietary designs just presents more challenges. (REO Grand POS+ contact "leaf")
Unfortunately, one of the ways a manufacture solves problems is to invent a special part that will NEVER be available as a spare. (mosfet board in my MassMods S2, for example)

The Vmod was the last squonker I bought that didn't take industry standard bottles.
My Reo mini 2.0 was the last squonker I bought that doesn't take an 18650.

IMO, The more universal the components, the easier it will be to repair/replace in the future.

I love the look of the Pico squeeze, but the bottles killed the appeal. I would have a 4-5 Topsides if they had a standard 510 and I would have a Pulse V2 shipping now if they didn't use non standard bottles.
But that's just me.

Cheers
I
The pulse v2 is my other option for a retrofit..
Almost got the pico squeeze 2 in spades, but quit vaping for a few months... I find myself thinking it may just be easier to buy a few broken mods for spares than well machined new parts. Feels like Cuba in the 60's, except I'm not working on a plymouth... I may just pick up a few 5-pavks of the aolvape 510s off Fasttech, as I will be buying a few more bottles for the recurve, but the more standard the bottles get, the more I find they act like standard bottles, that is, a leaky mess... I've had sieves that leaked less than my athena...

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
The pulse v2 is my other option for a retrofit..
Almost got the pico squeeze 2 in spades, but quit vaping for a few months... I find myself thinking it may just be easier to buy a few broken mods for spares than well machined new parts. Feels like Cuba in the 60's, except I'm not working on a plymouth... I may just pick up a few 5-pavks of the aolvape 510s off Fasttech, as I will be buying a few more bottles for the recurve, but the more standard the bottles get, the more I find they act like standard bottles, that is, a leaky mess... I've had sieves that leaked less than my athena...
For me, regulated squonkers are far less reliable than simple mech squonks.
I have skipped all of the above for various reasons. (loved the look of the Squeeze2, but the bottle type and that fire button position...:censored:)
The board from my Hotcig RSQ might get repurposed, but the rest of the unit is headed for the trash. The RSQ had a horrible 510 and the metal body makes it hard to easily convert, safely, to a mech.
My first Massmods S2 (mosfet) is scheduled for conversion to a mech. The spring loaded 510 leaked from day one and had connection issues due to a weak spring.
A robust, non spring loaded 510, a delrin button and a strip of copper/silver should bring it back to better than new.
I guess I'm an air-cooled VW guy at heart. :hubba:

Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread