Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanger Banger

Apr 22, 2015
USA
I am considering a stainless tank for their looks and durability. I have a phobia because I have never been able to not break anything made from glass, including pyrex. I tend to be kind of rough with my gear, and always prefer the most durable option. I'll probably drop it onto the tile floor, or concrete. It would render my tankomizer unusable, as well as wasting the e-liquid. Then, I'd be worried someone's pet would come and lick up all that poisonous nicotine and get sick, so I'd have to carry paper-towels around with me or something.

Is there a neat trick to gauging the e-liquid levels in the steel tanks, or is it always just a guessing game? Do you use time as a fuel gauge? Like, knowing how much juice you go through in an hour, then do math?

Is there some sort of magical electronic device that you hold up against the tank to read its levels? Or how about some special tiny floating magnets that surf the e-juice, then you see where a screwdriver sticks to the outside? I'm being facetious, of course. I'm just wondering if someone knows some cool trick, or if it's just unscrew it and peer into it: old school.

I did order an Aspire tank that is a neat looking stainless cage around the pyrex, which might be the best of both worlds, but I'll probably still break it.

Then there are those like the Joyetech Delta II with little slits for a sight-glass, but I think I want a KayFun with no window.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Nomreal way to tell till the wick gets dry, what i used to do is vape for about an hour and check it then at two hours. Once i got a feel for how fast the liquid is used i would automatically just top it off at a set amount of time

After a while it's second nature, hopping in the car? Top it. Going into work? Top it. Heading out to the porch after dinner? Top it etc.

Kanger Banger

Apr 22, 2015
USA
Pay attention to how long your battery lasts, for example : x Atty needs a refill when the battery needs to be swapped out, or is half empty when the battery is done.

I just found this post on another thread. I guess on mods with battery indicators, you could learn to correlate fluid use with mAh usage, as long as you're not changing up wattages or changing Ω's if you happen to swap out the coil(s).

Used in conjunction with Thrasher's time and dry-wick method, I think I'll manage well enough to rock the SS tank. Sweet. I'm going full-steel on my next tankomizer.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
I have a phobia because I have never been able to not break anything made from glass, including pyrex.

I'm with you - I broke my Nautilus tank some days ago. Dropped it on the tiled floor - luckily it was empty. But the way it broke kind of made me doubt it is really Pyrex.

I did order an Aspire tank that is a neat looking stainless cage around the pyrex, which might be the best of both worlds, but I'll probably still break it.

I did too - and I'm finding that even through the cage it's pretty hard to tell when the tank is almost empty... I have to keep turning it on it's side and looking at it against a strong light.

Reactions: Kanger Banger

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
Ed has his work Megas with their stainless steel tanks..he's broken all the glass ones due to the nature of what he does..he just waits for the dry hit *lol* *shrugs*

my daughter was a breaker of tanks..I got her 2 of the lil Mini Naut's with the pretty cut outs..she's not broken either one (yet..give her time *lol*)

Reactions: Kanger Banger

Kanger Banger

Apr 22, 2015
USA
I weigh my kayfuns dry then full.
then check before i leave the house.
plus i do have a feel for how much i vape too.;)

Unless all your juices have the same PG/VG ratio, their specific gravities will vary according to this ratio, which may hinder accuracy. (I've been really enjoying the specific gravity method of mixing DIY e-juices - it makes things so quick and easy, without measuring volume and staring at the meniscuses.)

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
I got a Delta 2 last week. Dropped it the first day I had it so I realize the advantage to the metal cage around the glass, but I have only refilled it once. Too hard to see through the slits (holding it up to a bright light and tilting it back and forth is the only way, and even then it's not easy with clear or nearly clear juice). Plus the whistling was driving me batty. It's going in a drawer as a backup/spare. Sad. I was excited about the adjustable juice channel on the atty, the metal was a bonus, but it's just not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread