Steeping Juices with Nic Salt

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
I finally just got some nic salt base in and am getting ready to mix up my first batch of nic salt liquids. I seem to remember hearing somewhere that nic salts don't oxidize and break down the same way freebase nicotine does. Is this true? Do juices containing nicotine salts require or benefit from steeping?

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I finally just got some nic salt base in and am getting ready to mix up my first batch of nic salt liquids. I seem to remember hearing somewhere that nic salts don't oxidize and break down the same way freebase nicotine does. Is this true? Do juices containing nicotine salts require or benefit from steeping?

Hi,
Not the answer to your question, however; IMO
When mixing 0 nic juice, some steeping always seems to help.
Flavor concentrates need to merge with the dilutant.

If you are mixing with familiar flavors and making reliable, consistent recipes;
In your position, I would mix like I was using freebase.
Sample the product often and keep good notes.

Cheers
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I steep my nic salts, but I kind of thought that it was the flavors and their combinations that require the steeping time. Not the nic. I mean, otherwise there wouldn't be shake and vape flavors versus flavors that need steeping.

I DIY for the most part with nic salts but now both and have not noticed any significant change in steeping needed (obviously, dependent on the FLAVORING) not the nic.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread