Steeping Juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

loislolalane

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
So, today I discovered the greatness that is steeping e-liquid. I purchased a pack of five from a popular site that is also a B&M in my area. They handmade them fresh and I thought that was cool so I tried them. The first day they were outright... Skunky. I still can't tolerate the smell of two of them because of how horrible the vaping experience was. That was four days ago. I took the tops off and left them in the room that is darkest for the longest period of time-- my bathroom-- where they stayed until just a few minutes ago. Now I'm getting the flavors instead of... Skunk funk... And I'm thrilled! Can't wait to try the rest again!

Living, loving, and laughing all the time!

cr34npc

Oct 29, 2013
socal
So I know steeping with the cap off helps the chemicals evaporate bringing out the intended flavors... but I would like to know what are the main differences between steeping uncapped or simply leaving the cap on. My biggest concern is for steeping a cherry soda flavor which taste like club soda right now... I had a presteeped sample before so im pretty sure it will get better but I was worried that the carbonation affect would maybe go flat if I left the cap off. Anyone have any experience with steeping soda flavors? Thanks

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
So I know steeping with the cap off helps the chemicals evaporate bringing out the intended flavors... but I would like to know what are the main differences between steeping uncapped or simply leaving the cap on. My biggest concern is for steeping a cherry soda flavor which taste like club soda right now... I had a presteeped sample before so im pretty sure it will get better but I was worried that the carbonation affect would maybe go flat if I left the cap off. Anyone have any experience with steeping soda flavors? Thanks

Some leave the cap off overnight to let it "breath".
One reason is a lot of times it is mixed using a flavor with an alcohol base instead PG.
It need to evaporate and leaving the cap off speeds this up.

There is no carbonation in e-juice.
They can use flavoring that give a "fuzzy" sensation, but carbonation in e-juice is impossible ... sorry !

cr34npc

Oct 29, 2013
socal
Some leave the cap off overnight to let it "breath".
One reason is a lot of times it is mixed using a flavor with an alcohol base instead PG.
It need to evaporate and leaving the cap off speeds this up.

There is no carbonation in e-juice.
They can use flavoring that give a "fuzzy" sensation, but carbonation in e-juice is impossible ... sorry !

Well thanks for clearing that up. Wasnt sure cuz I had a gv dew red alert I was steeping too and the fizzy effect seems tobe gone after leaving it uncapped too long. It does seem to be darkening some maybe ill wait it out...

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Warmest welcome new found steeper. I found out really quick how important steeping really was.. Some might think I go to an extreme on steeping. First shaken real good, then caps and droppers out. Dark closet 48hrs. Droppers in, caps on, shake again and then in the closet. There they sit for min. 4 weeks.
Really does make certain juices taste HEAVENLY!!!!!!!!
Now I've got so much in reserve that I'm vaping juice that has steeped over 11 months. :oops:

Zoom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Tampa,fl,USA
I steep in dark and try it each week. Some only take a week some longer it's all about your taste. My rule is when I get to half full bottle I buy another. I stick to about five juices same ones. I will thru a random every couple weeks. The only ready to vape has been the RY4. Welcome and good luck on your venture.

loislolalane

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
I steep in dark and try it each week. Some only take a week some longer it's all about your taste. My rule is when I get to half full bottle I buy another. I stick to about five juices same ones. I will thru a random every couple weeks. The only ready to vape has been the RY4. Welcome and good luck on your venture.

I have been wanting to try an RY4! Where do you get yours from?

loislolalane

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
I'll go with this.
Only 2 places I get my RY4 from
Heathers heavenly Vapes. "Heavenly Tobacco"
Aroma ejuice. "RY4 WTA"
I've tried some RY4 from lots of different venders. (Haven't met an RY4 I didn't like at least a little). These two are my favorites.

Thanks so much!

loislolalane

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
I find it interesting when you get that flavor that is good right away so you vape it but the flavor changes over the course of the bottle, not necessarily better or worse it just changes, it matures. I've noticed this a lot with complex fruity flavors (juices that aren't just "Stawberry").

I haven't been vaping that long, so I didn't know that could happen, but I suppose that does make sense. The flavors settle or something, I guess. Makes each vape an adventure. (LOL)

Ld3441

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Florida, USA
I find it interesting when you get that flavor that is good right away so you vape it but the flavor changes over the course of the bottle, not necessarily better or worse it just changes, it matures. I've noticed this a lot with complex fruity flavors (juices that aren't just "Stawberry").

Nicoticket juices are like that. Good right out of vapemail but get better with age. It is intriguing the differnce in the juice with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread