Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamingButterfly81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Muncie, Indiana
And I know its been asked before, I saw it once and have been trying to find the thread for two days! So I'm just going to ask. Can juice steep in a cartomizer?

Also, at what amount of time is it safe to consider that a juice you don't like is "done" and rather than continue to let it sit, its a safe assumption that you just don't like it?

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
As far as steeping in a carto, I believe it would. I just watched a video last night and the guy has a rather complicated steeping system. He takes off the caps, stores them in the closet for 5 days. Then, he puts the cover back on for a bit and then uncovers and steeps for 2 more days... I have let most of my juices stay in their cool, dark place and they get darker and better tasting! I even got some dekang flavors that smelled very chemical like. I hated the taste, too! Soooo, I took off the cover and let them sit overnight. Still didn't like them. So, they went back into the dark box, with covers on. After a week or so, that smell went away and they started tasting better.... Not fabulous, but they went from unvapeable to vapeable!

After a certain point, if you still don't like them, they just aren't for you... I love trying new flavors, especially since I am new. I realize that there probably will be a lot of flavors that I really don't like. Another I have tried is mixing flavors. My current fave is a mix of malt, vanilla and chocolate with a hint of cinnamon to bring out the flavor. A strong flavor like a menthol or cinnamon may help mask that flavor that you don't like. Just try mixing a little so you don't waste your good stuff!

All is not lost, as you can always trade, sell or give away those juices. Lots of threads here for that, the PIF forum is excellent as are the classifieds, if you haven't checked them out yet! There is even a juice trading thread, but it doesn't get a lot of action.. Good Luck!

MattyT

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
New Jersey
In my opinion , if after 2 or 3 weeks steeping , you still don't like it , you probably never will . I'm sure others will have their opinion on this , but that is mine .

I agree.

I dont know about the steeping in a cartomizer, never tried it. I usually just put the bottle in a cool dark place and leave it, I dont do what Snus referred to with taking the cap off and then back on and all that but you could give it a try. Just letting it sit in a closed bottle has always worked for me.

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
Nicotine evaporates quite rapidly. I'll link the thread if I can find it. You will lose nic content if you "steep" with the cap off. I still don't know why people call it "steeping". There are no solids to extract a flavor from in e-juices unless they're microscopic.

Hmmmmm, I heard that it is the light that makes the nicotine lose it's strength... All I know is that I was able to get rid of that chemical smell with the top off.... Also, to me, steeping means that all the flavors blend together quite nicely. When pg and vg are mixed, they turn a dark color, eg, get darker as time goes on....

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
And I know its been asked before, I saw it once and have been trying to find the thread for two days! So I'm just going to ask. Can juice steep in a cartomizer?

Also, at what amount of time is it safe to consider that a juice you don't like is "done" and rather than continue to let it sit, its a safe assumption that you just don't like it?

Yes and no, I've had a few flavors that I wasn't keen on that steeped into something I like at 2 months but very few. Keep in mind too as a new vaper, your tastes will change faster than the flavors steep. At least I went through flavor phases, the novelty of it all lead me to try things that I liked at first vape but got sick of fast. Others that I thought were rather strange are now favorites because of their complexity. WHen your taste buds hit a taste nothing phase, pull out the losers and vape them since you can't taste anything anyway.

I wouldn't leave juice in a cartomizer for too long just because the juice is soaking in polyfil and metal and might get tainted by it. A week or two fine, but months on end might ruin it.

There are so many flavors that if you really don't think you'll like it move on and put it into your emergency stash or sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread