Stevia - which brands & ingredients are safe for vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweak401

Sep 2, 2020
Ma
What's up everyone?

The reason I'm making this post is because I have seen a lot of people ask about Stevia as a Vape juice Sweetener but there isn't much information on which Brands of Stevia are actually safe to vape/inhale and/or what ingredients are safe for inhaling & which list of ingredients are very harmful and to avoid when purchasing Stevia. If you know any Brands of Stevia that are safe to use in Vape juice and/or any ingredients that are safe or harmful then please reply with just the Brand name or names and/or the ingredient or ingredients with safe or avoid next to it so I can start making a complete list for everyone's future reference. Thanks everyone! Stay Safe & Keep vaping!

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
It is natural (that's always good) and I have used it in coffee (OK but not really great) I feel like it should be safe but some liquid versions may have alcohol (there was another thread about this... have you tried using the search here on ECF for stevia... it's been discussed before) You can buy a power form at any grocery store but will have to experiment on how much to use.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
It is natural (that's always good)

Not always, mushrooms are "natural" and many can kill you. Also, not when it comes to vaping. Olive oil is "natural" but can't be inhaled. ;)

Per @Kurt, an organic chemist (PhD):
Is the whole scandal with da and ap overblown? Some numbers inside

"As for synthetic flavors, yes, even though I try to eat organic, I think simple synthetic flavors are in general safer for inhalation than a soup of biomolecules extracted from a food."

And this:
Donate to Dr Farsalinos' new study

"A "natural extract" is just that, an extract, often with ethanol, of the whole food. In some cases, these can contain biomolecules, like proteins, lipids, polysaccharides, and other big molecules that can easily decompose with heat, or at the very least probably should not be inhaled."

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
It is natural (that's always good) and I have used it in coffee (OK but not really great) I feel like it should be safe but some liquid versions may have alcohol (there was another thread about this... have you tried using the search here on ECF for stevia... it's been discussed before) You can buy a power form at any grocery store but will have to experiment on how much to use.
The powdered form at the grocery store is mostly maltodextrin (sugar) with very little Stevia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread