Stick with 901s on Ego-twist or change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

austintx

Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Austin, Texas
I've been vaping for 2 years and stuck so far with 1.8ohm LR 901 atomizers I drip with ego-twist set at ~3.7. I've always loved the taste and TH from these, but lately my attys have been burning out in 3-4 days each, which gets annoying and expensive. I've never had luck with cartomizers - maybe the Kangers are different, but at 2.5 ohms, I fear TH will be poor.

Does anyone else use 901s on their EGOs, or should I try something new? Thanks for any advice.

Tibby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oakley, Ca.
I don't but have a question for you. Whats the difference from a 510 atty and a 901 atty? I assume the only difference is the threaded end? So you would need a 901 to 510 adapter? I hear people prefer a 901 atty but dont really know what the difference is. I like Boge standard resistance cartos in a tank and a new found favorite Kanger BCCs. The flavor on these are good for me although I never used 100% VG in the BBCs yet. Only atty experience I have are rebuildebles. I would like to try a regular atty but get scared away by the short lifespan.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Yes, you need an adapter - the 901 attys are more narrow, but I've always found the taste to be superior. I see a lot on the forums about all the Kanger stuff - what is the BCC you talk about? Maybe I should try the Kanger EVOD - I hear good things about that - does that work well with the Ego-twist?

BCC is Bottom Coil Changeable. Kanger's line is the T3 (aka Tabac BCC), now the T3s (coil costs less), MT3 - same as the T3 except it has a metal skin over the plastic tank - heavier, the evod - has the metal skin like the MT3 but is smaller in size (1.6ml instead of 3ml), Protank - bigger in diameter than the others so you need an adapter for an eGo and is still only 2.5ml capacity.

All have changeable coils at 1.5, 1.8, 2.2, 2.4-2.6 ohms. 1.8 works well with stronger flavors, 2.2 for lighter ones. the 2.4-2.6 is too light for my flavors and the 1.5 is good for coffee/espresso.

All work well with the eGo, eGo clones, eGo Twist, Spinners, etc. Suggest Good Prophets or heaven gifts for the T3/Tabac BCC - it has the 1.8ohm coil already in it. Other vendors put the higher ohm one that is useless for me but you can always get the replacement coils in what ohm you want.

The benefit of the bottom coil and wicking is that it lowers the possibilty of dry hits because the coil is sitting in the ejuice - unlike the top coil types. They tend to run cooler than the top coils but the 1.8 ohm coil can help on that if you like a warmer vape.

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
If you like dripping on 901 attys (I'm also a big fan!), you're probably not going to be happy with most of the clearomizers or inexpensive tanks out there--they tend to mute the flavor a bit.

If you're looking for something you can carry around without having to drip, then you might look at the Kanger T3s or the BCC Mega from iSmoka or Vapeonly. They have pretty good flavor and you can change the heads easily.

I'd recommend looking into the new Terminator TT. It's a Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer that fits into carto tanks. You get the flavor of an RDA with the capacity of a tank. I've been running them in several different carto tanks and my AMP tank, and they are astoundingly good...

The only non-901 attys I've found that are worth the money are Cisco-Spec attys or the HH357. They are a little on the expensive side, but they last a long time, hve fantastic flavor and vapor, and with the HH357's, when they stop delivering, you can send them back, and Hanna at Avid will re-build them for a nominal fee...

Tibby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oakley, Ca.
I think the EVOD BBC is the best looking clearo on a ego style battery. It looks real nice on a Vision Spinner because they are real close in diameter. I have never tried a true dripping atty but I feel the Evod BBC by Kanger provides pretty good flavor. I have had issues with vivi novas in the past muting flavors with a full tank and liquid covering the entire wick. I havent had that issue with the evod. However I have not attempted to use 100% VG in them. I have seen videos where 100% VG is used in an Evod and it stood the test but the liquid got much darker and thicker. I like em and for $3 to $6.50 (depending on where you purchase) they are a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread