Status
Not open for further replies.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
..... <snip> It's nice to blow crazy big clouds in public, but im starting to fall back on mimicking a standard cigarette with vaping rather than chase clouds.

Am i crazy for shying away from sub-ohming? Maybe it will be fun again after i take a break from it?
When I read posts like this I often get the feeling the OP is either asking permission not to sub-ohm or looking for justification to tootle puff!

How you vape is a matter of personal preference & as long as YOUR way makes you happy THAT'S all that matters!

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
So true buzzzlove. Youth is also less risk averse in general and I think that plays a part in it also. It's been like this since the beginning and it will not change anytime soon :)

While I'm not willing to admit to what I had people shaking their heads at me for when I was younger, I have many fond and a few scary memories of those times. The good thing is no-one ever got hurt, I learned a lot from those experiences and all of it influenced who I am now. There were no net negatives in it for me and I suspect the same is true for a lot of people. Not to say it never went horribly wrong for some, but I think of that as just a bit of cleaning out of the gene pool.

Im not to proud at 16 I was hood surfing down a busy highway there was six of us in a friends Moms station wagon
The Cop who pulled us over was livid. He made us pick up trash in the ditches while he went to town and got some pics from people dead from wrecks.
After showing us the pics and chewing on us at one point he took out his revolver and asked did we want to just shoot our selves and get it over with.
Then he lined us up made us turn around and kicked each one of us in the rear saying DONT EVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!!!

Needless to say it was a very quiet and somber ride home

We did learn our lesson

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Nobody looks like you Thrasher;)

Good point but I dont think the whole population dose the so called judging I think most normal thinking people would see a rude person for a rude person weather he is a vapor or a foul mouthed arrogant teenager or just what ever.
The news likes to show massive cloud blowers for shock effect most likely because their corporate sponcers have agendas.

fore example
Do you think New Yorkers are rude trash talking inconsiderate people? They have that reputation. They are portrayed in countless movies and TV shows as such. But Ive found stop any New Yorker on the street and ask for a good sandwich shop, or pizza joint and they will give you a list of places along with directions, also Ive found New Yorkers are fairly open and pretty quick to start up a conversation, more so than LA

I think vaping is something dear to us we spend alot of time thinking about it but most none vapors give it little to no thought what so ever.
Can't say the same for Louisville ky. Stayed there for 18 months on a job, no one would even talk to us psychotic Floridians. With your positive outlooks and stress free view of life lol.was the most depressing place I ever been.

I couldn't wait to come home, at least here you make a joke in line at publix people will laugh, not stare at you like burn the witches!

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Its the nature of young adults to scream look at me! They had no voice for 18 years so they have to flex their wings a little so to speak. Most of us did it in one form or another then life forced us to pay attention to more important things and we matured. Its not such a big deal to me. While I cant remember exactly what Im sure I did something just as irritating to the general public when I was a kid.
At 16, I bought my first car. A 1968 Camaro RS/SS. I'm fairly confident I annoyed a rather large number of people. A year later, it got even worse....a 1969 Z-28 with a 302 DZ. That large group of people now included several police.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Can't say the same for Louisville ky. Stayed there for 18 months on a job, no one would even talk to us psychotic Floridians. With your positive outlooks and stress free view of life lol.was the most depressing place I ever been.

I couldn't wait to come home, at least here you make a joke in line at publix people will laugh, not stare at you like burn the witches!
HA ive been to places like that People in Mississippi gave me that blank look alot also when Id crack a joke or something:blink:

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Whenever i go out for a drink on the town with the lady, I'll see vapsters here and there with their sub-ohm setups. And here i am with my Nautilus Mini and whatever low-wattage mod I decided to pair it with.

Honestly, each day I seem to enjoy using these low wattage devices, such as the VV4 and a Nautilus Mini, more and more as opposed to my sub-ohm gear.

With my Nautilus, the flavor and throat hit is always spot on, and the vapor is nice too for what it is. I seem to be using this setup more and more lately... And when subbing, it's rare for me to get that satisfying hit, i just find myself vaping more and more to feel satisfied thus burn through a ton of juice. With a Nautilus, I get that satisfying hit right away and vape here and there.

With my sub-ohm gear, juices can be a hit or miss at times in terms of flavor and hit. But i can always count on my Nautilus Mini to give me exactly what I want each and every time.

I even bought a MVP20 at a killer price to perfectly compliment the Nautilus Mini. I wouldnt be burning through nearly as much juice, thus saving me money in the long run.

It's nice to blow crazy big clouds in public, but im starting to fall back on mimicking a standard cigarette with vaping rather than chase clouds.

Am i crazy for shying away from sub-ohming? Maybe it will be fun again after i take a break from it?
Are you feeling inadequate about it?

Martnargh

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Miami
Its funny subohming is associated with immaturity or adolescent behavior.
Im a grown ... man with family and ill fog it with the best of em.
Vape doesnt taste the same unless its coming out a thick dense sun eclipsing cloud.
Thats just how it is.
Im curtious, ill blow up to not blind everyone in the smog, but just cause people like little transperant mouth to lung vape from some 1.7 built coil or a clearo coilhead doesnt mean anything. Some like rum n coke. Some straight shots. Some beer. Thats life.

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
Right now I'm vaping a 1.2ohm single coil, earlier it was .4 ohm dual coils, maybe tomorrow I'll just grab my cigalikes, couple months back I was vaping a cigalike and some young punk came up to me and was like "why don't you have a real vape", his barbaric line of reasoning made me laugh. Just go with what works best for any given situation, there's no "One Answer" they all have their advantages and disadvantages.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
It would really surprise me if no-one reacted to what you were doing by thinking along the lines of 'kids today are really messed up', instead of judging you as an individual. I know because I heard that from people reacting to me when I was younger and didn't conform to expectations at the time. People tend to identify by group and judge others by perceived group differences and prejudices. It's unfortunate, but that just seems to be the way human nature makes us behave.

It was much easier to offend people back in the good old days. All you had to do was grow your hair down over your ears and you became a threat to civilization.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
It was much easier to offend people back in the good old days. All you had to do was grow your hair down over your ears and you became a threat to civilization.

And if you wore bell bottoms and tie dyed t shirts, you were undoubtedly a Communist.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
And if you wore bell bottoms and tie dyed t shirts, you were undoubtedly a Communist.

Nowadays you have to blow huge choking clouds of poisonous gas over people's children just to get a rise out of the straights.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Its a little different now, I had long hair, earrings bandannas, and a massive boom box blairing death metal. I could have easily been mistaken for someone in any of the hairbands of the day.
While I may have been annoying, the judgments were against ME.
At no time did I make a whole section of the population look bad with me, or cause everyone to negatively judge anyone who looked like me

I wonder how cool cloud chasers would be if they KNEW that every non-vaper in public who gave their public Fog Bank that WTH?!
look Would Be calling their congresscritter the next day to support the anti-vape legislation?

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: cckayne

Martnargh

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Miami
If its coming, itll be here no matter how thick the clouds are.
They dont care about phone calls or letters, money talks.
I remember in the reptile forums everyone talkin about bans. Giant boid bans. Indian rocks and burmesr. Anacondas also. Lets stand up to the occassion they said. Lets be careful they said. What happened? Dozens of dogs kill humans in the world every day but one alvino burmese kept in a fish tank kills a little girl and thats fodder for the media. Lets not even mention the everglades. Point is. It doesnt matter. You dont mattet. I dont matter. Not to them anyway. So if thats what makes you toss n turn at night sleep easy knowing theyre gonna do whatever they feel like doing as long as it benefits them monetarily.
Soon theres gonna be an oxygen tax theyre gonna own the air we breathe. Some subohmer walking down the street wont deter anything.

Reactions: EBates

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I wonder how cool cloud chasers would be if they KNEW that every non-vaper in public who gave their public Fog Bank that WTH?!
look Would Be calling their congresscritter the next day to support the anti-vape legislation?

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
I wonder how uncool non cloud chasers would feel if they knew these legislation were being proposed before the fad of cloud chasing ever popped up would they still sit idle and point and do nothing to stop said legislation.

Reactions: ReigntheGamer

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Man, a lot of these type of threads lately.

If you're exhaling vaporized nicotine liquid out of your mouth, you're doing great.

If you want to dabble the "sub ohm" thing once in a while that's cool, if not, that's cool too.
O your one of thooooose are ya!

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    At 16, I bought my first car. A 1968 Camaro RS/SS. I'm fairly confident I annoyed a rather large number of people. A year later, it got even worse....a 1969 Z-28 with a 302 DZ. That large group of people now included several police.

I had an old 50 Merc that couldn't get out of it's own way, so I was contemplating all the neat hot rod stuff of the time for it. One of my dads friends said that the saw mill had a bunch of Heister engines laying around for cheap (450cid flat head) that would bolt right in. OH, the fun of being a teenager!

That eventually led to a degree in automotive engineering .... so I say 'let teenagers have their fun'.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread