Still no "all day" vape after 2+ years

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
I wonder if I'm just really hard to please? I've been vaping off and on for two years and I still haven't discovered any flavors that I love enough to vape all day every day. The closest I've come is Virgin Vapor's Chai Tea Latte (custom formula-- extra creamy vanilla, I think) and Coconut Breeze. So many flavors I SHOULD like are just icky to me. I love coffee and have even worked around it, but I think I want something that tastes more like how freshly ground coffee smells, and that's hard to find. And everything is too sweet! Ughh. I don't want it to taste sweet. I want it to taste neutral and just smell like something. Like, to me, Coconut Breeze is neutral because it reminds me of sunscreen lotion rather than a fruity drink. And my custom blend of CTL is made very not-sweet for me, which is why I like it. But sometimes, even with Virgin Vapor, the carrier or whatever is just too sweet and gross for me. I never smoked much at all, so my sense of smell/taste is still really strong.

So with that in mind, does anyone want to help me figure out what to try next?

What I like:
-Organic or mostly natural juices-- if they use food coloring or sweeteners, I'm out!
-Interesting flavor ideas-- preferably nothing overly dessert-like
-Not sweet
-Base is practically undetectable

And I know it SHOULDN'T matter, but I'm more likely to stick with a juice/brand that has a theme or clever marketing. Alice in Vapeland and Copper Creek really appeal to me (even though the Copper Creek "undertaste" was too sickly sweet for me to enjoy the ejuice :( ) because of their themes. I'm big into apocalyptic/zombie stuff and anything "vintage" or old-timey, especially steampunk/dieselpunk/teslapunk!

Ideas, anyone? I feel like giving up a lot of the time!

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
Haha, maybe that's my problem! I'm all about variety and trying new things. Still, it would be nice to find juice that I didn't get sick of and not want to try again after a couple of hours...

Ah I see what you're saying. For me, the flavor I can turn to when I'm not in the mood for anything else is Ahlusion's Boba Tea.
Have you tried Ahlusion yet? Maybe their tea flavors would be up your alley.

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
Ah I see what you're saying. For me, the flavor I can turn to when I'm not in the mood for anything else is Ahlusion's Boba Tea.
Have you tried Ahlusion yet? Maybe their tea flavors would be up your alley.

Awesome!!! I'm looking at the site now and they look right up my alley! Thanks for the rec!

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
From what you're describing, I think that AiV might be right up your alley. They have "a little bit of everything" sampler that is literally a 3 ml sample of everything on the main page. The base liquid is uncannily undetectable in their juices and they use all natural flavors, no added sweeteners. Their flavors are almost all very subtle (but not weak!) and so true to the food/drink/whatever that they represent. The tea flavors are beyond compare. Plus, their marketing and packaging is top notch. You feel like you're getting a present every time you get a package. Original artwork, personalized notes and a little Alice in Wonderland themed playing card (plus yummy free samples.)

They have a smaller sampler as well, if you don't want to try everything.

Good luck! :)

SonHouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Seminole
I have juices I really like and they're even better when I come back to them after a break. No reason to pick one that I can see, I did that with Marlboro reds for 38 years. I did want to suggest you try mixing your own, I've found I'm much more willing to tailor it to my taste buds than any company is...

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
My all day Vape has been Clouds of Vapors Vanilla Cream. It's organic and VG, but it's not the cheapest. It's just a mild creamy slightly sweet flavor that I can enjoy anytime of the day, and it goes amazing with my coffee. I do love to drink coffee but have never liked any of the coffee Vapes I've tried but do like the vanilla cream. Another real mild but nice flavor I found recently was Alice in Vapeland's A Quiet Morning. I actually thought it would be a mild coffee and didnt read the description because I got it awhile ago in their sample pack. It turned out to be a nice mild tea and they say there's passion fruit in it, but I didn't quite taste that. I do like the mild tea note though. I super picky about flavors and have tried tons. Some are okay a little here and there. But a good all day Vape is great to find. The hardest part about vaping is finding your happy Vape spot. I never cared for fruits, sweets, or tobaccos. It was hard for me to finally settle down.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
I wonder if I'm just really hard to please? <snip> I love coffee and have even worked around it, but I think I want something that tastes more like how freshly ground coffee smells, and that's hard to find. And everything is too sweet! Ughh. I don't want it to taste sweet. I want it to taste neutral and just smell like something. <snip>

So with that in mind, does anyone want to help me figure out what to try next?

What I like:
-Organic or mostly natural juices-- if they use food coloring or sweeteners, I'm out!
-Interesting flavor ideas-- preferably nothing overly dessert-like
-Not sweet
-Base is practically undetectable

And I know it SHOULDN'T matter, but I'm more likely to stick with a juice/brand that has a theme or clever marketing. Alice in Vapeland and Copper Creek really appeal to me (even though the Copper Creek "undertaste" was too sickly sweet for me to enjoy the ejuice :( ) because of their themes. I'm big into apocalyptic/zombie stuff and anything "vintage" or old-timey, especially steampunk/dieselpunk/teslapunk!

Ideas, anyone? I feel like giving up a lot of the time!

I'm also a huge coffee lover but haven't found any coffee juices I like. Strange.

Might want to check into DarkestDayVapors (Darkest Day Vapors - Artisan E-liquid - evil never tasted so good!). There's something about his juices that are very different. I originally tried them because I thought their 'monster/horror' theme was neat but I've fallen in love with his juices. To be fair, I didn't particularly like them when they first arrived, they definitely need some steep time, but now I can't imagine ever letting myself run out.

Personally I wouldn't worry about not having an all-day-vape. I can't imagine vaping the same flavor all day anyway. I switch back-and-forth between 6-8 juices a day.

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
I know that DIY would be my best bet, but I just really can't be bothered. :( I agree that limiting myself to one would be silly, I guess... It's more like I want a company or a handful of juices or something that I can rotate through. I really hope Ahlusion works out for me! I don't like that you can only order during certain times, though. That might be a dealbreaker. I'd rather order and then have to wait a month.

I really like one of the organic vanillas (French Vanilla???) from vaperite. I just find it sad that with all the cool, interesting combinations out there, and with as much of a flavor nut as I am when it comes to food and perfume and stuff, I only like vanilla, or coconut, or occasionally a chai tea.

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
I'm also a huge coffee lover but haven't found any coffee juices I like. Strange.

Might want to check into DarkestDayVapors (Darkest Day Vapors - Artisan E-liquid - evil never tasted so good!). There's something about his juices that are very different. I originally tried them because I thought their 'monster/horror' theme was neat but I've fallen in love with his juices. To be fair, I didn't particularly like them when they first arrived, they definitely need some steep time, but now I can't imagine ever letting myself run out.

Personally I wouldn't worry about not having an all-day-vape. I can't imagine vaping the same flavor all day anyway. I switch back-and-forth between 6-8 juices a day.

I checked them out, but I'm not sure they're for me. Still, I'm on the right track! :D Thanks for the rec!

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
I really hope Ahlusion works out for me! I don't like that you can only order during certain times, though. That might be a dealbreaker. I'd rather order and then have to wait a month.

Din't let that be a dealbreaker! Turned me off for a second too, but I made an account and a wish list, then when they were open the next day I simply added everything to my cart and checked out. Then again, I'm on the east coast and have no trouble with being on the internet at work, so it wasn't an issue for me to just do it first thing (I get why it could be for some). The times I've ordered they seemed to be open a good chunk of the day.

Also, thanks for the link to Darkest Day. Hadn't run across them before and I'm checking them out now. I too love monsters :)

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
Din't let that be a dealbreaker! Turned me off for a second too, but I made an account and a wish list, then when they were open the next day I simply added everything to my cart and checked out. Then again, I'm on the east coast and have no trouble with being on the internet at work, so it wasn't an issue for me to just do it first thing (I get why it could be for some). The times I've ordered they seemed to be open a good chunk of the day.

Also, thanks for the link to Darkest Day. Hadn't run across them before and I'm checking them out now. I too love monsters :)

Well, I generally wake up around 1pm EST and their site doesn't even LET you create an account right now. :( I signed up for the classified section here, though, so hopefully I can get some samples to try out before going through the hassle of setting an alarm to wake me up super early.

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
Well, I generally wake up around 1pm EST and their site doesn't even LET you create an account right now. :( I signed up for the classified section here, though, so hopefully I can get some samples to try out before going through the hassle of setting an alarm to wake me up super early.

Agh, that is a bummer. I guess I just really lucked out with my timing.

skymyrka

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
nyc
I really like one of the organic vanillas (French Vanilla???) from vaperite. I just find it sad that with all the cool, interesting combinations out there, and with as much of a flavor nut as I am when it comes to food and perfume and stuff, I only like vanilla, or coconut, or occasionally a chai tea.

I use mostly 3 companies, and thought I'd make a suggestion. All use premium usa made and extracted ingredients and make quality e-liquids.

Try ordering a tobacco sampler from halo. Of course it doesn't taste anything like tobacco, and you may be able to find your ADV with something like tribecca (lots of people are raving about this liquid for a reason). Their flavors taste great on their own and also "adaptive enough" to mix with food, liquor, etc.. E.g. prime15 is great with a glass of wine or a cocktail.

Another one I think that might be up your alley is vaporetti.com. Their coconut macaroon flavor is very authentic and one of my favorites. Vanilla bean liquid is possibly the most unique flavor out there: it's really not sweet, very subtle and delicate. Desert liquids are sweet, but not sticky/tacky sweet... If you're into the whole organic/chai, try there RyQ. Herbal overtones with vanilla and caramel hints, one of the most unique flavors, but needs steeping for couple of weeks at least.

Another pretty good brand is Evo. eVo eLiquid : Some suggest they lack originality because they're so mass produced, but the flavors are clean, great performing and if you're looking for something to vape all day they're worth looking into.

Good luck!! :):):)

skymyrka

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
nyc
All of those look pretty good! :) Thanks! I'll be sure to check them out.
That's great!!! Good luck :)
Also someone else on here suggested little bit of everything sampler from AIV, and I will definitely second that suggestion. If you like coconut, white rabbit is something special. Unfortunately I didn't find anything there I could vape all day, I'd have to be really in a mood for AIV not because flavors are bad, but because they ARE so unique. I was just looking to enjoy plumes of vapor without much distraction or worrying about changing my tanks for another flavor in case I end up having a snack or cup of coffee, etc..

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
If you are looking for flavors a little more artisan than others I would suggest Ahlusion or FanceeJuice. DarkCityVapers make great coffee and their sample pack is a very good deal money wise. I use to hunt for good flavors and went through a lot of sample packs from various vendors. I started DIYing last January and find I am much happier doing that. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread