Still not convinced to get a REO

Status
Not open for further replies.

toughguitar

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Central FL
I have been wanting a REO for a couple of months now and finally have the money to get one but after reading through these threads I'm not 100% sure. At first I wanted a VV model, but I'm not a fan of 18350 batteries, a mechanical Grand is fine, I just like having the VV option. The Grand takes an 18650, which I prefer, but with a button top. I have about a dozen Panny's and Efest flat tops. Will these work or do I need to get a stock of AW IMR button tops? I use a fuse in all my mech's and have a few holocron shortstops. Will a flat top panasonic with the shortstop as a filler work? The battery and fuse questions are my only concerns from stopping me from putting my order in. I could wait a few more weeks to get the means to get the recommended batteries but would like to know what options I have. Thanks for all the info in this section, it answers all my other questions and all the questions I never even considered.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I have been wanting a REO for a couple of months now and finally have the money to get one but after reading through these threads I'm not 100% sure. At first I wanted a VV model, but I'm not a fan of 18350 batteries, a mechanical Grand is fine, I just like having the VV option. The Grand takes an 18650, which I prefer, but with a button top. I have about a dozen Panny's and Efest flat tops. Will these work or do I need to get a stock of AW IMR button tops? I use a fuse in all my mech's and have a few holocron shortstops. Will a flat top panasonic with the shortstop as a filler work? The battery and fuse questions are my only concerns from stopping me from putting my order in. I could wait a few more weeks to get the means to get the recommended batteries but would like to know what options I have. Thanks for all the info in this section, it answers all my other questions and all the questions I never even considered.
Post from redeyedance (REO maker) re using a Panasonic and shortstop in the Grand. Link to a pic in the thread below.
In my opinion I would not do this . I no for a fact the spring will do its job if you have a short . The short stop can fail the spring wont . I am saying is its dangerous please dont use it in this mod .
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/421905-short-stop-panasonic-battery.html#post9631537

You can use the flat top batteries in the REO's. But they force you to push the button down further which over time will stress the firing mechanism. You might also find the performance is not as good as with the recommended batteries.

The spring in the REO is a hot spring that will collapse in case of a short. A battery that is too long negates this function. The battery will not have enough room to drop away from the contact.

Please consider dropping in the REO Forum. This section here is not the supplier forum. It is not seen by many. Most of all the REO maker can't post in this area. He is quite often available in the REO Forum to answer questions. Plus you have many people that have been in your spot with wanting a REO but have questions. You can read threads and find lots of answers to all your questions.

Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread