Still smoking analogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
Yep, I still smoke too. Most days, it's only 2 to 3. Yet, I'll have a day here and there that I smoke more -- either due to stress or being outside (don't like vaping outside as much).

If you're hoping to quit, I agree with everyone who says to increase the nic level. I don't beat myself up for still smoking...over time, I think I'll want them less and less because of the immediately noticeable side effects: stuff nose and cough.

J00ky

Sep 13, 2009
Calgary Alberta
I'm still in the 3-5 cig a day range, more if i've been drinking. I think that eventually I will give those up as well but I bought my PV to smoke at work and other places where smoking is now banned (everywhere in Calgary)

Like many others I originally had no intention of quitting so I don't beat myself up for smoking a few analogs here and there since I was getting close to 2 packs a day before the PV.

FluffaPuff

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
Shallotte, NC
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for letting me know that I'm not as alone as I thought! I noticed that several of you are like me - still hooked on the analog first thing in the morning with coffee and the ones after a meal. Those are the ones I truly enjoy. I have smoked for over 40 years, at various times going up to 2 packs a day but at around a pack a day for the past couple of years. I had tried to quit MANY times, using every method known to man, but with no success for more than about 2 weeks. The bottom line is - I LOVE TO SMOKE! And, as they say, "you have to want to quit." So,that's what attracted me to VP's. I am currently using 24 mg nic (chocolate mint - which I love, as I am a menthol smoker). I just would like a bit stronger menthol flavor, so I may try the menthol crystals to add to the juice. I have done a lot of research on the Vapor King, as well as the Joye-510. Still trying to decide.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Fluff, I would not stress over quitting. I have been vaping for about four months or so now and still have an analog once in a while. Right now I have had one in the last 3-4 days. I too love to smoke. I went from 30 a day to 8-10 in a week or two after getting my first pv. It just naturally tapered down over the past few months and now I very seldom crave one. I started with a 510 and it is really good but I got really tired of changing batteries so I built a box mod that holds a 14500 battery that is 900mah. It lasts me almost the whole day before I change batteries. The battery is never dead when I change it but the vapor gets a little light. To me the box with the 510 parts vapes alot better than a standard 510 although I still do carry a 510 that I keep a separate flavor in. If I was going to recommend something, it would be some type of mod that holds a longer lasting battery but you can still use the 510 parts on most mods with some sort of adapter. Good luck!

hyperdeficit

ECF Veteran
    May 6, 2009
    Lucas, Texas
    I've been wondering if anyone besides me is vaping but still smoking analogs. I have been using an NJOY mini for about 4 weeks now, but I'm still smoking analogs - although less than I was before. In the past couple of weeks I have been reading through a lot of posts and it seems that almost everyone has completely quit analogs. I'm wondering if I should switch to another type of e-cig, maybe a 510? I do thoroughly enjoy vaping but find I still have to have an analog a few times a day. Am I alone in this?

I was smoking analogs until I switched to a 510. definetely one of the better ecigs on the market. I had a 901 before but the throat hit wasnt strong enough at all. I was smoking for like 2 months while vaping but once i got a 510 that changed in about a week

hyperdeficit

ECF Veteran
    May 6, 2009
    Lucas, Texas
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for letting me know that I'm not as alone as I thought! I noticed that several of you are like me - still hooked on the analog first thing in the morning with coffee and the ones after a meal. Those are the ones I truly enjoy. I have smoked for over 40 years, at various times going up to 2 packs a day but at around a pack a day for the past couple of years. I had tried to quit MANY times, using every method known to man, but with no success for more than about 2 weeks. The bottom line is - I LOVE TO SMOKE! And, as they say, "you have to want to quit." So,that's what attracted me to VP's. I am currently using 24 mg nic (chocolate mint - which I love, as I am a menthol smoker). I just would like a bit stronger menthol flavor, so I may try the menthol crystals to add to the juice. I have done a lot of research on the Vapor King, as well as the Joye-510. Still trying to decide.

I forgot to say that I had trouble in the mornings as well. totally wicked menthol is good. I had their menthol in the minty choc chip and it was strong menthol

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread