Still smoking support and chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
You know, it's weird, but there are times when I will light a cigarette and right from the first puff I think it tastes awful and I can't think of a good reason to actually smoke it. At those times it's easy to put ti out and vape. Other times I actually enjoy smoking.

I can't wait to experience a cigarette tasting awful. Sometimes, however, they do seem unnecessary, and that gives me hope.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
You know, it's weird, but there are times when I will light a cigarette and right from the first puff I think it tastes awful and I can't think of a good reason to actually smoke it. At those times it's easy to put ti out and vape. Other times I actually enjoy smoking.
How about when try to vape right after having a smoke? BAAAAAAAARRFFFF!:lol:

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    I can't wait to experience a cigarette tasting awful. Sometimes, however, they do seem unnecessary, and that gives me hope.
    It's usually when I've gone way longer than normal without smoking. If I break my routine (away from home, not driving, etc) I can vape all day and never think about smoking. So then at the end of the day when i light one up it's like "Why?" But that first one the next morning still tastes good. :(

tgs3

ECF Veteran
    Aug 3, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    What gear do you have now that you feel may be inadequate?

I am using a Juul (which is ok) and a v2 ex which has been unreliable. Neither of these are going to get the job done - moving from a half pack to a quarter pack. I need something that is more intense. I am researching the Innokin t22. But am totally open to suggestions.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX

I am using a Juul (which is ok) and a v2 ex which has been unreliable. Neither of these are going to get the job done - moving from a half pack to a quarter pack. I need something that is more intense. I am researching the Innokin t22. But am totally open to suggestions.
    I have no personal experience with the devices mentioned but I doubt the pod mods will get you there myself. I'm quite impressed with what I've read about the T22. What I do have in mind is a bunch of excess gear that I have going unused that I believe is comparable to the T22. Price is right.... Just allow me the pleasure of trying to help? I won't get home to send them for about a month tho.
    I have 2 Kanger SubTank Minis (one authentic 1 clone) that need a new home. A few months worth of Subohm throw away coils. And I'll toss in a pair of Joyetech eGo ONE VT batteries for power.

None of this stuff cost me anything. I traded a prize I'd won for the tanks and bought the batteries as full kits in clearance just to get my beloved eGo ONE tanks that came with them. I think what I'm offering would be a close match for the T18. So if you have a month to wait just let me know. I've been hoping to find someone to pass them along to.

What I'm offering is the white tank in this pic.
    2017-04-27_13.07.47.jpg

And the black batteries on the left side of this pic.
    2017-03-24_10.53.11.jpg

Last edited:

Thayamax

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 7, 2013
    Southeast Michigan
    Hi, @medleypat , welcome to the thread. You'll find that every person here is, or has been where you are. For some people it's much harder than for others. I've heard many people say that it's much harder to quit the second time than it was the first.

Did something happen that caused you to pick up the smokes again, or is your equipment just not doing it for you anymore?

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Good job foggy. Half I found this thread really having a rough time quitting getting mad at myself for still smoking. Went over two weeks without a cig now back up to a half a pack a day. Know I don't need the cigs but my mind says yes you do. Not sure what's going on vape doesn't seem to be as satisfying as it once was. Guess I'm just on s weird place a lot of times I take a few puffs and think I really don't want this cig but shortly after I will light it back up but will keep working on it just glad I found some people that are struggling just like me.
    Thanx, Don't beat yerself up about stumbling. You'll get back on track when you're ready. I quit after my first 2 weeks of vaping, that lasted 3 months and went to dual using. I couldn't believe I went back to cigs but those 3 months were a constant battle and I finally caved.
    Here I am almost 2 years later and I've finally quit for good. It just feels right this time, no self denial no cravings no problems.
    Give yourself time and don't give up on your vape. Do you build coils or DIY? I feel like over the 2 years of dual usage I created the vape that freed me. Finding the right build and right juice took time, but I had a ton of fun doing it. I'm not a flavor chaser by any stretch of the imagination. Throat AND chest hit along with vape texture were the secret for me.

Last edited:

tgs3

ECF Veteran
    Aug 3, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    I have 2 Kanger SubTank Minis (one authentic 1 clone) that need a new home. A few months worth of Subohm throw away coils. And I'll toss in a pair of Joyetech eGo ONE VT batteries for power.

None of this stuff cost me anything. I traded a prize I'd won for the tanks and bought the batteries as full kits in clearance just to get my beloved eGo ONE tanks that came with them. I think what I'm offering would be a close match for the T18. So if you have a month to wait just let me know. I've been hoping to find someone to pass them along to.

What I'm offering is the white tank in this pic.
    View attachment 681523
    And the black batteries on the left side of this pic.
    View attachment 681527

Wow, Foggy, that is really generous. I can definitely wait a month. Thanks a lot.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Wow, Foggy, that is really generous. I can definitely wait a month. Thanks a lot.
    Cool! I'll send you a PM when I'm heading home you can reply with your mailing address then. I just hope it helps you. It was my 2nd favorite tank but I've got 8 of my favorite so it just doesn't get used.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Well that darn sun is trying to come up again. Looks like we've got a brand new day ahead of us. I think it may be a wet one here in Wisconsin. How we all doing today?

I'm vapin away on my newest Pico. The 26650 Mega. eGo ONE Mega V1 tank filled with a VERY diluted commercial tobacco flavor called Mellow Gold.

Last edited:

dsites

ECF Veteran
    Jul 27, 2017
    Nederland, Colorado

I just got the t22 ... the larger tank and battery are a nice improvement over v2 ex!

Thayamax

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 7, 2013
    Southeast Michigan
    Hi, guys. I worked 3 back to back doubles and I'm just now back to feeling human again. :blink:

I'm happy everyone is doing well or at least holding their own. It really does help to have people to talk to when you're having a hard time or even when you're doing well.

Keep us updated!

tgs3

ECF Veteran
    Aug 3, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    I just got the t22 ... the larger tank and battery are a nice improvement over v2 ex!

Yes, I am leaning towards the T22. I got the v2 ex starter kit around a month ago. I liked it but found the batteries completely unreliable - neither will hold a charge now. Fortunately, I also got the Juul starter kit which has been reliable and has kept me vaping. I still smoke 9/10 cigarettes a day but that is down from 25/30 per day for decades.

dsites

ECF Veteran
    Jul 27, 2017
    Nederland, Colorado
    I tried 5 years ago with V2 cartridges and it didn't stick. The V2 clearomizers (sp?) are exponentially better and it's sticking this time. V2 juice is relatively expensive but their 1.8 mix is close enough to nip the craving. It's at 70/30 PG/VG and provides a nice throat hit. Everyone is different on this one.

Since you're in Brooklyn, I'd find a good vape store where you can find juice that works for you. Cigs are so expensive in NY that you'll recoup your cost of experimenting very quickly. The right juice with a T22 should help a lot!

I'd also consider switching cigarette brands to something you'd normally despise for the 10 cigs/day that you're still doing. My next pack of cigarettes (if necessary) will be Winston Menthol :)

Not smoking 15 to 20 cigs/day is a great start. Making the ones you do smoke less satisfying might also kick things in the right direction. Keep trying at this and don't waste 5 years (as I did) before trying again.

Best Wishes
    David

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread