Still smoking support and chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Don’t go too low too fast. I went from 12 to 6 quickly. Then quickly went to 3. Mistake. Went back up to 6 and stayed there. May be easier if you up the nic.

I hear you. However, I don't really notice a difference between the 18mg juice I have been vaping and the 24mg I am also using. I am months away from going to 12mg.

By the way, thanks a lot for all the informative posts you have made. I got the T22 cause of one of your posts early on, and am now using the Zelos and istick with the innokin tank following your suggestions. Still use the T22 as well. I have a rotation now.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
I’m so glad it worked out. Without Trigster, I may not have discovered the other units. The T18 and T22 tanks will never leave my rotation. Right now the wife and I have 7 setups. IStick 30 with T18, SVD 2.0 with T22, Endura T22 with T22 are 3 of them. Sometimes I run the T22 on the Zelos. I can’t even remember the last time I changed a coil. If you ever get into batteries and charger, check out the Innokin SVD 2.0. It takes one 18650 battery. It is an unusual old school tube mod. It’s big, almost 8” long in 18650 configuration and heavy. But it has the Evolve DNA 20W chip and works really well with the T22. Has a nice screen with battery life, Ohms, watts, and volts. There is a guy on EBay selling genuine units for $15.99 with free shipping. When they came out in about 2014, they retailed for $99.95. I think it fell out of popularity because it was too big and heavy. But I love it.
As to nic, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were going from 2.4mg to 1.8! Duh. I see you meant 18 and 24. Disregard my comment on upping your nic. Lol.

How are the coils holding up with NETS or whatever you’re using?

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
How are the coils holding up with NETS or whatever you’re using?

No problems so far with the coils. I have four drying on my desk for over a week for use in an emergency. I have four T22 tanks now and am using them on the T22, the Zelos, the istick and an innokin 'cool fire pebble'. I got t22 tanks for each, and ordered a second set of five. So, coils are not currently an issue. I have not experienced any particular problem with the NET and WTA liquids I am using in terms of gunk.

Last edited:
Reactions: redeuce

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Did you buy a Zelos kit that came with the Nautilus 2 tank? If so, that’s a good tank. If you have it, try it.

Yes, I did. It came with a sub-ohm coil installed and another non-sub coil in the box. I have not yet looked into how to change the coil, but I will get to it this weekend.

Reactions: redeuce

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Take out the .7 and install the 1.8.

So, I did. I then filled it 1/3 of the way with a net liquid from a vendor I have never used before. The liquid was great but at 90% of the way through the liquid I got a terrible burned taste. Guess the coil got gunked. Haven't had that problem as of yet with the prism tanks. Coils for the Nautilus seem to be a lot more expensive than those for the prism as well.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
Nautilus 2 coils may not be able to handle it. Just remember you can’t let the juice level get below the wicking holes. With that tank, it’s easy to get low and not see it. Take the tank off, open the airflow all the way. Put a tissue over the holes and blow into the tank. Wipe off anything that comes out and reset the airflow. Wipe out the drip tip hole and blow out drip tip.
Reassemble and try again. By the way, you should do that every time you fill it. If you have a little tank stand it’s easier to fill in the tank stand. Close the airflow when you refill.
There’s a guy on EBay, aspire-vapor, that sells genuine nautilus bvc 1.8 coils. If you buy only 1 pack it’s like 7.50. But if you buy multiple, it goes down to around 6.80 per 5 pack.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
merry-christmas-glitter-animation.gif

17635863e7f7def9351caae1f65acf8e--holiday-movies-holiday-fun.jpg

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I just wanted to pop in and share my experience. I have been vape/smoking since 2013. The last cigarette i smoked was dec 9th 2017.

i'm embarrassed of how much money i've spent/wasted in gear and juice. out of desperation I decided to try a subohm tank. i started with the orginal uwell crown. that took some getting use to. i really liked the feeling on the exhale. but i had problems finding a good juice flavor. i even did the wta route, which helped till they discontinued both flavors I liked.

Finally just two weeks ago, i got a stash eliquid juice order in. as well as some new sub ohm tanks. kinda like this is it, or i'm just gonna stop vaping attitude. my non smoking/vaping husband is a bit frustrated with the amount of money but into this.. and i am talking in the thousands. like more than a couple. more than a few.

well, this stash eliquid paired with either the uwell crown, or the uwell crown mini 3... (both tanks are really good, the crown 3 is airier which i'm starting to like) i am not smoking.

the stash juice paired with subohming, it leaves a taste in my mouth. kinda like cigarettes did. but man it's a good taste. I call it a mouth feel.

i find that the dessert flavors (non fruity) seem to be more satisfying when i want a cigarette. And i also found that flavors of juice have nothing to do with the food i eat.

for example... i love stash's cinnamon girl. that's the one i vape when the smoking urge hits me. You will not catch me ever eating a cinnamon danish. i don't do cinnamon anything. not in food. i can't stand it. don't even want to smell it. Why on earth is it the most satisfying vape? i have no clue.

Southbound is the other juice that, well that bottle i finished first. it was addictively good. I'd rather vape that juice than smoke. So it made it easier for me.

I have other juices that taste good by other vendors.. but they don't give that mouth feel. And that's what i think is doing it.

Something about that long exhale on a subohm hit. the flavor is like so awesome and satisfying.

So i wanted to share this because i dual used for so long. wasting so much money. I'm not a cloud chaser. I'm just a lady who has smoked for 28 years trying to get off the cigarettes.

I really think I'm done smoking now. As long as i got stash juice and a uwell crown.
when i want a cigarette. i just vape and vape and vape. and the flavor is so good i forget about the wanting a cigarette. i think cravings last about 5 minutes.

another thing i find is not to go longer than 30 minutes with out taking a vape hit.

when i started sub ohm tanks i was at .5 ohm coils at 38 watts.

Now I'm up to 50 watts.

I hope this may help some one. if not.. it's just my experience :)
merry xmas ya'll!!

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
View attachment 708259
only had 5 analogs yesterday! I am getting there!
You are definitely getting there. The first time I got through a day smoking only 5 I was ecstatic. It also gave me the confidence that I could get through on only 4 etc., Hang in there!

Ladiekali: I love reading other peoples' stories about smoking and vaping. Thanks for sharing that.

As for me, I have been at 2 per day for the last 8 days and 3 or less since Dec. 14. Really want to avoid pressuring myself to go lower. If it happens, it will come naturally. I am beginning to reduce the amount of nicotine in the juices I chain vape :)

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
@Ladiekali, I'm so very happy for you! I think that finding an ejuice that satisfies a craving is probably the main thing that leads to being a vaper only, rather than a dual user. You can have all the latest and greatest equipment in the world, but if it doesn't satisfy that craving you're most likely to turn to a cigarette to do the job. Congratulations to you (and your husband) for finding "the one" that does it for you.

@tgs3, You're doing great! You've come a long way and you shouldn't pressure yourself to take too many steps too soon. You're in the home stretch so don't make any sudden moves that might blow it. You'll know when the time is right.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
January 13, 2018 was my first non-smoking day. On one hand, it was no big deal. Once I was down to 1 or 2 a day I knew I didn't have to smoke anymore. On the other hand, it is a big deal since it was the first time since I was 18 [I am 65] that I didn't have a cigarette all day. Six months ago my not smoking for a day was simply unthinkable.

I did have a cigarette at 8am this morning, lol. But I am pretty sure that there will be more zero days coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread