Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
My 510 is the Holy Grail of vape... My other 2 models I tried didnt even come close to the 510 its an all around Joye to use... Battery Life = GOOD, Manual Switch = Great, Attomizer = Takes abuse and keeps on trucking, Carts = Oh so EASY to fill, AND ALL IN ALL PURE vape HEAVEN... MONSTER CLOUDS... VIVA LA 510!!!

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
I just got a e-gar in the mail and have been fooling with it all day.

Right now I'm back to my 510...

3 510 kits and all pretty much deliver. I guess this is about as good as it gets without crossing over into mods...

Just my few cents I crossed over to mods sometime back, I still use my mods and SD, but pound for pound, vape to vape, hit for hit
the 510 holds up as good as any machine you can buy

srtga

Feb 10, 2009
Ga. USA
Just my few cents I crossed over to mods sometime back, I still use my mods and SD, but pound for pound, vape to vape, hit for hit
the 510 holds up as good as any machine you can buy

That's what I was thinking. I guess when the rubber meets the road most of the mods are using off the shelf carts/atomizers so most of what you're getting is better battery life.

Is that about right?

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
Exact-o-mundo.

Had to add, the mods with the added power create awesome vapor, but at the expense of massive liquid usage. Personally, I think it's quite hilarious blowing massive clouds when the extremely nice and flavorful clouds can be achieved with a simple 510, and massive clouds can be achieved with a little glycerin usage. Don't get me wrong, the mods are trick - but who really wants to look like a freight train walking around Target?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
That's what I was thinking. I guess when the rubber meets the road most of the mods are using off the shelf carts/atomizers so most of what you're getting is better battery life.

Is that about right?

The manual switch gives you the better throat hit. The bigger battery in the SD or mods makes it last longer and thus more consistent.

kenb54

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Central IL USA
www.boxmods.net
I am new to all of this, but have tried the 901, 801 and Vapor King. I just got my 510 today and so far it blows them all out water. I don't know if it's the warm vapor or just the amount of vapor it produces, but this is as close as I have come to an analog experience. Don't know how it will hold up, but this is by far my favorite. It lives up to it's hype, unlike some of the others. :)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I am new to all of this, but have tried the 901, 801 and Vapor King. I just got my 510 today and so far it blows them all out water. I don't know if it's the warm vapor or just the amount of vapor it produces, but this is as close as I have come to an analog experience. Don't know how it will hold up, but this is by far my favorite. It lives up to it's hype, unlike some of the others. :)

I hear ya. The comments I have read about manual switch PV's are pretty consistent that members fall in love with them.

testerjtester

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Seattle, WA
Don't get me wrong, the mods are trick - but who really wants to look like a freight train walking around Target?:rolleyes:

Had a nice little chuckle at that, as about a week ago I thoroughly enjoyed my very first department store vape... at a Target, of course.

On the down-low at first, a little nervously, and then increasingly confidently, and by the end just walking around, looking at stuff, vaping away like the proverbial freight train... :D

laynies

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Phoenix, Az
This is my first full day using the 510 and I'm loving it. I only had the 901 before so I can't say it's the best, but it is the best that I own.

I was showing it off at work and one of my co-workers thought it was a laser pointer at first. Then later I was demonstrating my "fog machine" to another. Got me to thinking...

If we can mod the 510 to include a laser pointer, we could have fog machine AND light show all at once!!!

Just need a little music :D

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
This is my first full day using the 510 and I'm loving it. I only had the 901 before so I can't say it's the best, but it is the best that I own.

I was showing it off at work and one of my co-workers thought it was a laser pointer at first. Then later I was demonstrating my "fog machine" to another. Got me to thinking...

If we can mod the 510 to include a laser pointer, we could have fog machine AND light show all at once!!!

Just need a little music :D

Hmmm...some MP3 players are pretty tiny now. Incorporating some tunes may not be too far in the future.;)

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
If it's too thick you can drip it on an atomizer or thin it a little with pg (some use alcohol in tiny amounts). If you don't want to go that route you can always trade it or sell it here on ECF. Thinner clearer juices do best in cartomizers and cartridges.

The 510 will always be a backup for me even though I use eGo's now. My wife still uses the 510 out and about every day. I think it's become the basic Chevy of ecigs - it'll always get you where you need to go, even though some want a BMW. Even if I stop vaping, I'll always have a 510 handy just in case...

Don't let all the wild mods and variations fool you - we're all just vapin'! Whether it's a gas station disposable or a blinged out contraption, we're not smoking! Good luck and keep digging here on ECF - somebody's already made every mistake and discovery and they're happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread